AHPRA reg and GCSE certs

twinkletoes35

hi all

trying to get my papers together for my nursing registration, after 20yrs I cannot find my GCSE certificates, contacted AHPRA who gave me a long list of other possible options.

Has anyone else got there nursing reg with APHRA without producing there GCSE certificates and not done the IELTS test?

thanks TT

hi all

trying to get my papers together for my nursing registration, after 20yrs I cannot find my GCSE certificates, contacted AHPRA who gave me a long list of other possible options.

Has anyone else got there nursing reg with APHRA without producing there GCSE certificates and not done the IELTS test?

thanks TT

Hi, we are in the same position. If you know the year in which you sat your exams and which education board you were with then ring aqa. The website is pretty self explanatory, you fill out a form that they send you, pay £38, I think, and they will then send you a statement of your results, here is the link have a look...........

http://web.aqa.org.uk/admin/p_records.php

Just curious, what other options did AHPRA give you ?

• 4 weeks later...

I did not have my GCSE certs either after 20 odd years!

So I contacted my old secondary school direct, they were unable to confirm I attended the school as archive doesn't go back that far! lol

Makes me feel old!

Anyway I spoke to my local council and they contacted the school on my behalf saying give her a confirmation letter I attended, not requiring GCSE"s results.

I was unable to recollect the GCSE boards least of my worries!

So eventually school gave in, but I asked if any of my teachers were still at the school, luckily they were.

She was about to retire herself, but she remembered me luckily, lol lasting effect.

She asked me what I required, she just did it.

Sent to AHPRA, I also sent my nursing registration and on one of my forms for registering for training it said training with english national board on it, so copied and highlighted that!

I also sent a print off from internet requirements for nursing registration from my University for nurse training, even though it was over 10 years ago!

Just to annoy them more at AHPRA, thought I would give them information overload. I contacted the Uni and the administrator sent me a letter with the dates I did my training and that I was proficient in english, throughout my training.

Hope that is of use to you, and no if you get all that you don't have to do IELTS!!!!!!!

I did IELTS 5 times and kept failing by .5 on reading!!!!!!

So glad they changed the guidelines I was about to give up!

Sam

Archived