Moving interstate to Perth....

Hi My partner and I will be moving to Perth in the next few months from NSW. My OH has a job at Fremantle hospital and we will need to rent a house once we get there. Not sure of the areas tho anyone have any ideas of best places to live? We shall be coming to Perth in 2 weeks for a Recce (staying in Rockingham) so any info would be appreciated. We have checked out realestate.com.au and we now look like this-----> :wacko: lol!

Cheers ! :cute:

hi,

parking IS a NIGHTMARE at the hostpital..and the Health Dept has just upped the staff parking fees so my tip to you would be to get as close to the hospital as you can. Rockingham is about a 30 min drive and then the parking :( look at bus routes ect.

cheers

Deb

Thanks Debbie, I think its gonna be quite different living/working in WA as opposed to rural NSW LOL!!! I am looking forward to our recce of Perth in a few weeks. Thanks for the info

Kate

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to Freo :)

Your budget will be a big factor, Fremantle and it's immediate suburbs is an expensive place to live. We've just moved out of a 3/4 bed older style house in Beaconsfield and it was $510 a week. If that's too much I suggest you look at suburbs in the city of cockburn or city of melville.

Our DS goes to school in the centre of Freo and we built a house in Hamilton Hill, we initially rented a 4 bed there for $380 a week (2008-09). Hamilton Hill is on the border of Fremantle and Cockburn. Fellow PIOer who has recently moved over to work with me has just moved into an immaculate modern 3 bed in Spearwood, can't remember exactly how much but no more than $400. Both places are a 5 min drive, 15/20 min walk to the beach.

Further in Cockburn are places like Success and Atwell which are great if you have a partner commuting to the city as the road/rail links are great. They are housing estates essentially and too suburban for my tastes but some fantastic cheap(ish) properties.

Melville is typically a bit more expensive than Cockburn and includes Kardinya, Murdoch, Leeming (I think) and is again great for road/rail to Perth and Freo.

Basically there are lots of nice affordable areas within 20 mins of Freo hospital.

One to avoid is possibly Hilton, or at least checkout the neighbours very carefully!

Hi My partner and I will be moving to Perth in the next few months from NSW. My OH has a job at Fremantle hospital and we will need to rent a house once we get there. Not sure of the areas tho anyone have any ideas of best places to live? We shall be coming to Perth in 2 weeks for a Recce (staying in Rockingham) so any info would be appreciated. We have checked out realestate.com.au and we now look like this-----> :wacko: lol!

Cheers ! :cute:

Oh .. it's all sorted - good luck, hope you love WA as much as we do xx

Good luck with the move , we just moved to Baldivis from Leeming ( which was a fantastic place for Perth and Freemantle , safe and sound,nr the train station Murdoch as well , really good location to everything really !)

Have to agree - Leeming (although an older suburb) is lovely ... and where I live too lol

Archived