Visa Help !?!

Guest Darrenandsami

Guest Darrenandsami

Hiya guys!

We are just wondering if anyone has ever been or are in the same situation that we are at the moment? and has any advice?

We are on our second year holiday visa's from the UK, We love australia and are looking at all the different options to try and stay here.

The problem we have is that both of us have no qualifications for the jobs we do on paper but we have experience, This seems like we have fell at the first hurdle! Ive spoke to Immagration on a number of times about different visa's Including 442 (on the job training) but yet again your job has to be on the S.O.L which ours are not.

A student visa seems to be an option but it would be hard for one of us to work full time and still servive with money and no doubt after college/uni course we would be back in this same situation.

We are 25 & 23 from the UK i work as a concreter and my partner is a Assistant Child carer

Any info would be fantastic

Many Thanks :biggrin:

Hi,

Can't help with all of your questions, but I am an expert on student visa's. The student can only work 20 hours per week during term time and unlimited hours during the holiday's, the partner on the visa is restricted to 20 hours per week for the term of the visa, so one of you cannot work full time.

If you need any further advice on requirements for student visa's let me know

Steph

xxxx

Guest Darrenandsami

thanks alot for your reply, so basicly if my partner got a student visa i also could only work 20 hours a week ? if so thats harsh, theres no way we could live with only 40hours a week of money coming in.

When do terms start and finish? can you go on a briging visa untill term etc

many thanks

thanks alot for your reply, so basicly if my partner got a student visa i also could only work 20 hours a week ? if so thats harsh, theres no way we could live with only 40hours a week of money coming in.

When do terms start and finish? can you go on a briging visa untill term etc

many thanks

I'm not sure if courses start date change with the subject. I'm doing a degree so I've got another 3 weeks left until the end of semester then start again at the end of March next year. I think this is the same for all degree's and uni's, not sure about TAFE's though.

I am right about the restriction on hours though, the only way you can both work full time is if you are doing a Masters degree. Don't know why though...

I'm not sure about a bridging visa, my feelings tell me that you couldn't as you can only enter the country a maximum of 90 days before your course starts (unless this has changed). You also need to pay a full semesters fees up from before you can get your COE which you need for your application form for the visa.

Steph

xxxx

Hi,

It's not hard, just VERY expensive.......You also have to make sure that whatever you are studying you are interested in, I couldn't abide studying a degree that I hated. Luckily, I'm finding the degree Ok, if a little boring at times.....I'm looking forward to next year, when I will be actually studying for the career I want, rather than doing subjects I 'have' to do as they are the 'degree reqirements'.

Steph

xxxx

Hi guys

I think you should speak to an immigration agent not Immigration department, I am pretty sure that you could gain Employer Sponsorship on either of your occupations but call an agent to find out, alot of do a free phone consultation these days.

Hope this helps

Mandy

Hiya guys!

We are just wondering if anyone has ever been or are in the same situation that we are at the moment? and has any advice?

We are on our second year holiday visa's from the UK, We love australia and are looking at all the different options to try and stay here.

The problem we have is that both of us have no qualifications for the jobs we do on paper but we have experience, This seems like we have fell at the first hurdle! Ive spoke to Immagration on a number of times about different visa's Including 442 (on the job training) but yet again your job has to be on the S.O.L which ours are not.

A student visa seems to be an option but it would be hard for one of us to work full time and still servive with money and no doubt after college/uni course we would be back in this same situation.

We are 25 & 23 from the UK i work as a concreter and my partner is a Assistant Child carer

Any info would be fantastic

Many Thanks :biggrin:

If you're serious about wanting to be here you may have to go the study route and get some acceptable quals. You are both young and it will be worth it in the end.

It's not easy to get in and it shouldn't be, otherwise the place would be overun.

Archived