Cut my Losses?

surflen22

Hi there

Hoping for a little advice... I had appointed an agent some time ago. I've been reasonably efficient in sending everything they've needed and responded to any emails etc they have sent. They have had my docs for Skills Assessment for over 2 months now and they still haven't submitted them. I have called and emailed several times but they just don't seem to be doing anything with them. I just keep being told they will let me know if they need anything clarified. I can't decide whether to cut my losses and just do it myself or to hold out. If I hadn't already paid £1K, I'd pull away immediately and just do it on my own.

Can anyone give a little guidance please?

Thanks!

Hi there

Hoping for a little advice... I had appointed an agent some time ago. I've been reasonably efficient in sending everything they've needed and responded to any emails etc they have sent. They have had my docs for Skills Assessment for over 2 months now and they still haven't submitted them. I have called and emailed several times but they just don't seem to be doing anything with them. I just keep being told they will let me know if they need anything clarified. I can't decide whether to cut my losses and just do it myself or to hold out. If I hadn't already paid £1K, I'd pull away immediately and just do it on my own.

Can anyone give a little guidance please?

Thanks!

Hi Surflen22,

I see your from Ireland? If you don't mind me asking, what agent did you use?

We used an excellent agent here and although it took an awful long time to get the application ready and submitted, they were very meticulous and didn't send the application until they were 100% satisfied that it was decision ready (with exception of the meds and PCC)!

Speak to them and ask them why the application is taking so long to be submitted, they must be giving you some excuse?

Johnny.

Hi Surflen22,

I see your from Ireland? If you don't mind me asking, what agent did you use?

We used an excellent agent here and although it took an awful long time to get the application ready and submitted, they were very meticulous and didn't send the application until they were 100% satisfied that it was decision ready (with exception of the meds and PCC)!

Speak to them and ask them why the application is taking so long to be submitted, they must be giving you some excuse?

Johnny.

Hi Johnny

Thanks for that!

The agents I'm using are Australia based and when I call they are lovely - tell me they'll get back to me asap etc. They haven't given me any reason as such - first of all my consultant was on holiday (but has been back for 6 weeks!) then the docs were put in the wrong file and now they just haven't replied to anything.

If it were the actual visa application, I'd be more inclined to be patient but as it is the skills assessment, I'm a little concerned.

I wasn't aware of too many agents in Ireland - who did you use?

Guest rayman1

Do it yourself mate. Will save you thousands. It isn't hard. The agents are really raking it in because people always assume you need them. You don't. Completed our visa no probs.

We also did our own and once we got organised it really wasnt that difficult - didnt even need to see a case officer or talk to them about anything in the end - just got a letter through.

If you have paid someone $1k already I'd be getting pretty serious with them about getting some work done - you either want a full refund or see some results. Don't let them get away with taking your money and doing nothing.

Guest rayman1

Type in skill assessment services on google and you can find helpful sites there. One helps you with the skill assessment for only 25 pounds!!!!

Hello Surflen22

I was in the same boat, agents took alot more cash from us before we even got to skill assessment, they also informed us of all the changes that went on at DIAC but always about a month after they had happend.

total waste of money for what my agents done and still get angree thinking about it now,

So we have all but cut tie's with them and lodged ourselves 2 days ago, will let you know how it goes.

While my agents we're rubish that cant be said for all of them, there are some real good ones out there and just looking around this site you will find them, I just got unlucky and made a choice before i found this site.

Good luck all the same

Kev

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Surflen

I have moved this thread into here because I think you will receive more replies in here.

Having just read through your thread, I agree with Mark X. I would get seriously heavy with these agents of yours. I would tell them by e-mail in no uncertain terms that if you don't get some concrete and positive action out of them within 7 days, either they can refund every penny of the money you have paid them or you will report them to the MARA on the 8th day and that you will then leave the MARA to deal with the question of RMAs in Australia who grab client's money under false pretences when the RMAs concerned evidently have no serious intention of doing any work in return. Six weeks' holiday is outrageous unless somebody else is covering the work and progressing it, plus you have been told who to contact in the absence of the first consultant. If it were me, I'd be ferocious with them and show them that the customer is the boss, not the money-grabbing agent.

If you wish, please send me a PM and tell me who these agents of yours are. I've generally heard something about most of the firms that you are likely to have used.

Cheers

Gill

Archived