State Migration Plans - Numbers to be limited

George Lombard

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very valid point ... I do not want to play hide and seek game and screw this up now.. going to Call Julianne O'Brien right away.... will update the response I get here ASAP...

Sherin,

Did you manage to get through to Julianne O'Brien and what was her response ?

Thanks

Guest Wannabeoz

I got the email and asked them what they wanted and they said they wanted a personal email reconfirming my commitment, and links to job adverts I would apply for.

I did a search on SEEK and sent through the links to the adverts.

I got the email and asked them what they wanted and they said they wanted a personal email reconfirming my commitment, and links to job adverts I would apply for.

Thanks for this info, we get emails from SEEK daily with tons of jobs my OH would apply for so sounds fairly straightforward then.

Thanks once again

Claire

Hi Ozzieland, I have always found dealing wih ACT a pleasure. They are really good at responding to any enquiries, not at all like DIAC.

I agree... I have to say they are one state that know exactly what they want and make themselves clear to everyone. That is what I like about them.

So It seems that they are willing to provide all applicants with SMP. I think this could be a very good news :wubclub:

Regards

I sent my email to ACT on Wednesday morning and asked them to reply to confirm receipt. I had an email waiting for me this morning saying thanks.

oh great to hear that, if I do not receive any reply from them, I may call them to check if they received.

Guest ivyc10

Why did ACT state send a request e-mail to people who have already got state sponsorship from them??unless ACT state will include those people on their SMP.

It`s very interesting.

Hi Ozzieland, I have always found dealing wih ACT a pleasure. They are really good at responding to any enquiries, not at all like DIAC.

oh yes I agree with you clareg, I sent the reconfirmation email last night, and I received their receipt acknowledgement today.. saying thanks. :)

happy.

No email received today. Am I the only one who hasn't got this yet? If not received by next Monday we will be emailing them.

Claire

Please check your JUNK or SPAM folder ....may be email has been routed there ....

IMO purpose of reconfirmation is only to check that we are still committed with ACT or not .... clever thinking ... at least ACT is much more concerned with its Sponsored applicants than other states.....

Guest katikraza2003

Hi Iam pretty new to this forum. Bear me if I had asked the same question which was discussed earlier.

I have completed my two years masters in information technology frm ECU perth. Graduation date sep09. Have applied from GSM 485 visa last september. I also have a ACS assessment which say my major is in computing. I went through the latest SOL which has scraped out the generalized term computing. My question here is

1.Am I still eligible to apply for a 885 permanent visa having scored 7 in all bands?

2. Can I use my existing ACS assessment for applying 885 visa which is dated 1dec 09, Taking into account the assessment is valid for two years. Or else should I apply for a new assessment and apply my 885 visa which will speed up my process as the new list shows that am in priority list 3(if am not wrong).

3. What are my chances of applying regional PR. (I work in a fuel station in perth). I have a plan of goin to esperance stay there for a year and work (in a fuel station)in esperance and come back to mandurah (which is a regional area i suppose) and work in perth for another year(same fuel station were am working now). Does that satisfy my two year stay in regional area and work in regional area for a year.(Am just trying all the possibilities not to mistake me as some crazy guy :)).

4. Is it possible for me to apply for my 885 visa (having submitted all the documents) go back to my home country and return back in a tourist visa and get my visa stamped in australia.

Thanks & regards

Katik

Guest archisami
oh yes I agree with you clareg, I sent the reconfirmation email last night, and I received their receipt acknowledgement today.. saying thanks. :)

happy.

Very fast,

Would you please share us how you demonstrate your skill need in Canberra?Like claire you send the links or in another method?

Thanks

Very fast,

Would you please share us how you demonstrate your skill need in Canberra?Like claire you send the links or in another method?

Thanks

yes, me too share the website link of the job vacancies. And, I also mentioned about the company whom we have had communicated with during this period of time. Hope it is sufficient to show our commitment too.

yes, me too share the website link of the job vacancies. And, I also mentioned about the company whom we have had communicated with during this period of time. Hope it is sufficient to show our commitment too.

Hi,

I created a PDF of each job posting (just in case the web link disappears for any reason) and then attached them to my email. I also described a recent telephone interview I attended when trying to go down the Employer Nomination Scheme route. Hopefully that demonstrates committment to Canberra and job availability.

Please check your JUNK or SPAM folder ....may be email has been routed there ....

IMO purpose of reconfirmation is only to check that we are still committed with ACT or not .... clever thinking ... at least ACT is much more concerned with its Sponsored applicants than other states.....

We have, definitely no email yet. We are going to email to check this weekend so they get it for Monday.

Ta

Claire

Until offshore skilled visas contain a condition stating that the main applicant must work in his or her nominated occupation I really do think that efforts by the Federal Government to micro-manage the skilled program in this level of detail are faintly ridiculous.

Ditto the absence of a visa requirement that applicants must reside in the State or Territory that sponsored them.

And if anyone from Government is reading this ... can you finalise the SMPs PDQ please?!

Best regards.

Guest Gollywobbler
Until offshore skilled visas contain a condition stating that the main applicant must work in his or her nominated occupation I really do think that efforts by the Federal Government to micro-manage the skilled program in this level of detail are faintly ridiculous.

Ditto the absence of a visa requirement that applicants must reside in the State or Territory that sponsored them.

And if anyone from Government is reading this ... can you finalise the SMPs PDQ please?!

Best regards.

Totally agree with you Alan. Wish I could say it's just stupid, wheel spinning but unfortunately it does have a negative effect on people who want state sponsorship.

Sandra Maxfield LLB (Hons), BA

www.eurekamigration.com; Lawyer admitted in Victoria, Australia & New York, USA. MARN 1066311

Hi Sandra and Alan

Thanks for both of your posts above.

I was under the vague impression (very vague, admittedly) that presumably the Constitution puts a bar on Alan's ideas? I assumed that the idea "must be" that a Permanent Resident of Oz can live wherever he likes and can do whatever he likes once he moves to wherever he has decided to live?

If I'm right about that bit, I have the vague impression that it is immensely difficult (ie probably impossible) to alter the Constitution in a way that would fetter the proposition that I have made in the previous paragraph?

If I am correct then it seems to me that the Government is relying on a combination of Policy, public ignorance and sheer spin by the Government in the hope that the majority of new immigrants would move to the State which has sponsored them for at least the first two years and that they will make every reasonable effort to get a job working in their nominated occupation for at least two years. These notions might ensure that 80% of new immigrants would at least try to keep their noses to the grindstone with the nominated occupation and the State involved. (Or they might be relying on that anyway instead of changing the Migration legislation.)

However if it would be possible to tighten the migration so as to impose the restrictions that Alan has proposed then I have no idea why Evans didn't do it during 2007-2008 to be honest. If it would be possible to do it, I don't know why DIAC didn't push him to do it.

All that said, Governments take so long to make changes that they end up fighting the last War. Evans fussed about the need for a leaner, meaner, better-skilled Australia in the crisis following the GFC. However that crisis is over as far as Australia is concerned and the pundits now seem to be worrying that unemployment levels are falling to rates which would make it impossible for Australia to take full advantage of the next economic boom.

By the time Labor are kicked out and the Coalition take over again, I suspect that Aussie businesses will be wishing that the pollies had left all of John Howard's original ideas alone.

Cheers

Gill

Archived