I Am A Lucky, Lucky Barsteward.

Guest guest37336

Guest guest37336

Been reading a few posts lately about peoples trouble and strife with regards to migration, goal posts changed, personal circumstances changed etc, and in truth I have been having a bit of a shi77y time lately, won't bore you, but at times I have looked at things that are going on in my life and thought, 'Bloody hell, when is it going to change'.:cry:

But then I realise how bloody lucky I am to be a citizen of Australia, (Citizenship granted 2000) even though living in the UK, I DO have the opportunity to go to Australia and live a life that to me is far more satisfactory.

OK, so at the minute money and health constraints do put a stop to this at the present time, but I know full well that when things get a little better I and my family WILL have the opportunity to travel to Australia and hopefully live a life that makes us all a bit happier, contented, etc.

Australia is not everyones cup of tea, for many reasons, but at the end of the day I do have the opportunity to spend as little or as much time as I want in Australia.

It sometimes takes a thought like this to make me realise that I am indeed fortunate to have the CHOICE to live in either country.

Just a thought, though things are a bit difficult at the time, (not compared to some peoples though) I can look forward to a better time and realise that really at the drop of a hat I can choose to live in Australia, something that I often forget, just makes me feel a bit happier is all.:wink:

Cheers Tony:wink:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi Tony

you have done well for a black man with an afro, with a dropped charge of enticing young vulnerable would be nurses into your car (Britchickx) by shaking a bag of sweets.

Seriously mate, it must be a great feeling knowing that, if you want you can live here in the uk, or........ just go and live for a while in Australia....anywhere.

Being able to live in either of these countries, which are the best countries in the world to live in, indeed makes you an official.......................... lucky Barsteward.

I so agree, its been a complete nightmare for so many of my friends. I did say this on another post and got shot down...strange for PIO eh?

I wonder if people knew just how much some people are struggling, would they value that Golden Ticket more, and for those of us that had to bloomin struggle for years to get the Golden Ticket do we appreciate it more do you think?

Also for those of us doing it on a meagre budget, do you think we appreciate it more than those with a fair bit of cash behind them, because our standard of living has risen substancially while those on more money seem to take a cut?

For those that dont know, skilled people are really taking a battering lately trying to get their Visa's, unless you work in the medical profession you aint going to get one easily now...with a few exceptions.

Hold that Golden Ticket with pure exuberance and try and take a step back when miserable and realise just how lucky we flipping are :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Guest sh7t man no way

i sort of take it for granted tony--the fact i can live in both aus,and the uk--thanks for your thread it reminds me of how lucky i am--lol a humble sh7tman:wubclub:

Guest guest37336
I'm luckier than you, Tony...I live within sight of the Whitsundays.:tongue:

Cheers, Bobj.

Hi Bobj.

Last time I was in Whitsundays (August 2009) we stayed at Airlie Beach, (well just outside). Went fishing from a little jetty in Shute Harbour and had three half decent Trevally.

Great memories of the place, once you get out of Airlie Beach itself, too many Brit backpackers for my liking.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hi Bobj.

Last time I was in Whitsundays (August 2009) we stayed at Airlie Beach, (well just outside). Went fishing from a little jetty in Shute Harbour and had three half decent Trevally.

Great memories of the place, once you get out of Airlie Beach itself, too many Brit backpackers for my liking.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Aint it the truth? And Germans and Fro...er...French and Japs and...scared0016.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

We are lucky to be here and any of us that have been here for a few years didnt have as hard a time as people are having now getting their visa's. We are still nearly 2 years away from getting citizenship but even on a PR we feel like one of the lucky ones. I dont think my wife would have waited as long as some people are having to wait now, it is a strain but well worth it in the end.

Archived