457 visa questions

wizzle

Just wondering if anyone is or has gone through the process of applying for the 457 visa.

My application was submitted early last week(14th sept) but i spoke to my Migration agent and she said that a case officer has yet to pick up the case, is this normal?

I checked the online status and it has 2 status update, 1 says application has started to be processed and the other that the fee has been paid.

Does anyone know how this works in relation to online updates or whatever??

Any advice would be great.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Wizzle

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Your migration agent is quite correct. The news that processing of an application has commenced means only that a junior clerk has grabbed the fee on DIAC's behalf and then filed the application.

Your sc 457 visa will not be granted until a month before you are due to start your job out in Oz, so when will that be, please?

Also, what is your occupation, please? They will do a sc 457 visa for a medic faster than they will deal with it for a plasterer (of walls) for example.

Cheers

Gill

Guest asereht01

my employer in Sydney lodged my Visa last 25 Aug

My online status changed on 07 Sept -application being processed further

then on 09 Sept 2010- health medicals finalized

after 4 weeks of lodgement ..nothing was changed in the online status. The agent told me not to rely on the online status and just wait for his advice, and told me that it will be 4 weeks ( shorter or longer than that)

hope our visas would be granted soon..i should be starting in the compny on October 18 :)

regards

my employer in Sydney lodged my Visa last 25 Aug

My online status changed on 07 Sept -application being processed further

then on 09 Sept 2010- health medicals finalized

after 4 weeks of lodgement ..nothing was changed in the online status. The agent told me not to rely on the online status and just wait for his advice, and told me that it will be 4 weeks ( shorter or longer than that)

hope our visas would be granted soon..i should be starting in the compny on October 18 :)

regards

So your application was started on the 25th and your Visa has now been granted yeah?????

Guest sunilisa

Hi All,

We are going on a 457 visa in July 2011 my hubby is a doctor and is going via a recruitment agency they are really cool and have said they will apply nearer the time as it wouldn't take that long!!

I am applying for schools as places filling up already, problem is they ask for visa number with application, which we don't have. Should we get back onto agency to apply now, how long does it normally take? Hubby has a job signed contract etc I think it will be sponsored. I dont want it to be mad panic at end.

Any info would be appreciated.

sunilisa.x

Hi, Sunilisa

I signed my contract in August and i had to use a Migration agent who submitted all my forms last week.

As yet i have not been assigned a Case Officer and according to my agent this can take 3 or 4 weeks currently due to back logs. Then obviously its down to how long the immigration takes to process the application.

Lee

Hey

We applied for 457 visa begining of September took 10 working days was very quick. We found out by checking the online status. Our migration agent also emailed us the day after to say it had been issued and sent us paper copies via email.

So fingers crossed yours wont take too long. We were told might take 4-6 weeks so were very suprised.

Hi Louey

Maybe you can help me out a little then.

I guess you were a bit like me and kept checking the online status, can you tell me what the status changed to throughout process if possible????

Where are you heading out to and what migration agents did you use.

Lee

Hi

It started off with application being processed I think and then changed to application complete.

The employer used a migration agent in Melbourne...they checked all the stuff we submitted and they never came back and asked for any further info.

We were not required to have any medicals etc so I think that also speeded up the process.

Where are you heading to?

I am heading over to perth when all is complete.

The employer used a migration agent in Melbourne to i believe. Lipman James if remember.

Yeah mine has said application being processed for about nearly 2 weeks but according to the migration agent a case officer hasnt picked up my case yet.

Is it recommended to use a Migration Agent for a 457 Visa? I've heard positives and negatives for this, some people say it takes the worry away and there's less margin for error.. other people say that it just prolongs the process.

I think i could of submitted my forms a lot quicker but weather or not they would of been correct or not i am not sure.

Personally if i was to do it again i would do it myself.

Is it recommended to use a Migration Agent for a 457 Visa? I've heard positives and negatives for this, some people say it takes the worry away and there's less margin for error.. other people say that it just prolongs the process.

Hey Endtroducing

Where are you heading to?

I might need some friends from up north to keep my accent lol!!!!!

Best of luck with AHPRA

Hey,

I'm heading to Sydney, will be living with my Sister and her family in Penrith initially. I love Melbourne too, more my kind of place so maybe in a few years will move there. I guess that's one of the great things about moving to Australia, you can pretty much spend a good few years going on holiday within the country itself :)

Guest asereht01

457 visa approved today =)

My company provided the agent, but I have the TRN number so i get to check the status everyday..I looked at the status now and it says applicant approved!! My agent did not contact me today..it seems that I first knew the news =)

My online status timeline below:

25 August- application lodged, processing commenced

07 September- application being processed further

09 September - medicals finalized

28 September ( 5 weeks from visa application)- applicant approved

Heading to Sydney on October 9

it is good if you can check your status regularly..goodluck to those who are waiting =)

457 visa approved today =)

My company provided the agent, but I have the TRN number so i get to check the status everyday..I looked at the status now and it says applicant approved!! My agent did not contact me today..it seems that I first knew the news =)

My online status timeline below:

25 August- application lodged, processing commenced

07 September- application being processed further

09 September - medicals finalized

28 September ( 5 weeks from visa application)- applicant approved

Heading to Sydney on October 9

it is good if you can check your status regularly..goodluck to those who are waiting =)

Thats good news, Mine has only been with the department for 2 weeks.

Did you have a partner on the application too , as i am wondering if this will delay the process?

Also how comes you had to have medicals? I was told Medicals and Police checks are generally not required?

I have check my status everyday since i applied but no change yet, still says process commenced.

Guest asereht01

@wizzle,

Thanks!

i will go there by myself ..my agent told me to have the chest xray done immediately even prior to lodging my visa. She told me that since its only a temporary visa only chest xray is required not a full medical exam. But i did not submit a police clearance

but i have a friend who also applied for 457 visa with a partner last month, their visa was released after 2 weeks of lodgement

is your employer already an approved sponsor? Mine is an approved sponsor so the agent only processed the nomination.. Nomination approved last 09 Septmber, according to her

@wizzle,

Thanks!

i will go there by myself ..my agent told me to have the chest xray done immediately even prior to lodging my visa. She told me that since its only a temporary visa only chest xray is required not a full medical exam. But i did not submit a police clearance

but i have a friend who also applied for 457 visa with a partner last month, their visa was released after 2 weeks of lodgement

is your employer already an approved sponsor? Mine is an approved sponsor so the agent only processed the nomination.. Nomination approved last 09 Septmber, according to her

Yeah they are already approved and have many brits working within senior roles.

Hopefully i will hear something within the next couple of weeks.

If you are being sponsored by a company is it up to them to finalise the application and go through an agent etc, or is it up to us to do this?

If the company go through an agent - is is up to us to pay their fees?

We are heading to Sydney for 10 days in Nov in preparation for a permanent move but there are so many questions we need to ask the new company offering my OH the job - one of which is about the Visa process. It is good to know that it wont take long but we aim for mid 2011 to be in Sydney so not in a major hurry.

How do we know if medicals are req'd? My OH and I are in excellent health so am not worrying there anyhow - its just this will be all new to us. We have the info printed off & have read it over & over but maybe to get 1st hand info from someone going thro the process would mean alot more.

thanks JO

Thats good news, Mine has only been with the department for 2 weeks.

Did you have a partner on the application too , as i am wondering if this will delay the process?

Also how comes you had to have medicals? I was told Medicals and Police checks are generally not required?

I have check my status everyday since i applied but no change yet, still says process commenced.

Guest asereht01

If you are being sponsored by a company is it up to them to finalise the application and go through an agent etc, or is it up to us to do this? - i think it depends on the company.. I have read some wherein they lodged their applications by themselves..Mine was different, the company has a contact with a migration agent..the agent asked me the documents needed and I just scanned and emailed to her the documents and she lodged the online application visa in Australia

If the company go through an agent - is is up to us to pay their fees? - the company paid all the visa charges..i did not pay any

We are heading to Sydney for 10 days in Nov in preparation for a permanent move but there are so many questions we need to ask the new company offering my OH the job - one of which is about the Visa process. It is good to know that it wont take long but we aim for mid 2011 to be in Sydney so not in a major hurry.

How do we know if medicals are req'd? My OH and I are in excellent health so am not worrying there anyhow - its just this will be all new to us. We have the info printed off & have read it over & over but maybe to get 1st hand info from someone going thro the process would mean alot more.

- i had my xray in my country as soon as possible as advised by my agent..the result will be sent directly to the australian office where the visa has been lodged

thanks JO

Hi, I also have a few questions about 457 visa.

My hubby has applied to lots of employers who want to take him on but are put off by the visa process.

Can anyone tell me how difficult it is for an employer to become a registered sponsor and how long the process takes and average costs for the whole process start to finish please? We are hoping if I can provide this to them and reassure them on these elements they may be more willing.

Thanks

Dawn

Archived