Bringing our old car??

Phil & Vikki

We are close to coming out, just waiting on a few jobs, but we have the dilemma of do we bring our classic car out with us and how much is it going to cost? It is a TR7 and nearly 30 years old, but there has been a lot of money and time go into getting it to the state it is at the moment. There is a bit of surface rust on her in a few small areas, but generally in a good state for her age.

We were going to bring her our in a container with the rest of our things, but will she be allowed in and how much will it cost to get through customs? She is a rolling road project so not tip top.

I'm taking my car, not a classic but a 10 year old merc slk with low mileage and excellent condition and its costing me about 4-5 k to take. The unknown cost is the GST and customs fee (having a mental block on what its called but is a customs tax) as this depends on the valuation. Its worth it for because what I'd get for selling it plus the saving on not taking still wouldn't get me the same car

The rules are slightly different for an older car but i suggest you email Kristian from iron chef, he's a broker who deals with customs clearance, compliance and registration for £550 but he gives you lots of advice before you commit. Iron chef have a website from which you can send an email, I suggest that you out URGENT ATTENTION in the subject if you need a quick reply as he is busy.

Hope thats some help!

Rose

We are close to coming out, just waiting on a few jobs, but we have the dilemma of do we bring our classic car out with us and how much is it going to cost? It is a TR7 and nearly 30 years old, but there has been a lot of money and time go into getting it to the state it is at the moment. There is a bit of surface rust on her in a few small areas, but generally in a good state for her age.

We were going to bring her our in a container with the rest of our things, but will she be allowed in and how much will it cost to get through customs? She is a rolling road project so not tip top.

dont know if this is of any use!! BritVics/ImportingYourCar - Australia

Lisa

Archived