Motor Home / Camper Van advice

Hi

We are thinking of investing in a motor home when we get to oz.

I have been looking on the internet to find some for sale in oz but they seem quite expensive. There is a place in the UK which sells new 6 berth motor homes for around £33,000.

Can I buy one in oz for that price. If not, has anyone any idea how much it would cost to transport one from the UK to oz?

Thanks

• 2 years later...
Guest oldtraveller

I was looking for a motorhome for a little while and then a mate put me on to this mob. I am from Australia, which kind of makes things a little easier, but I would have been just as happy with the motorhome I bought even if I hadn't seen it.

I had a few options to go for. I looked at a truck, but then thought I may have issues with the width, the height etc. I then thought perhaps a van may be a smarter move. I heard that the transit has problems, so I kept away from that and the sprinter the same, long story short, I bought an iveco daily turbo 50c18 and I love it...

As I said, check out these guys and they should be able to help or at least point you in the right direction. http://www.ivecospares.com.au

Hi

We are thinking of investing in a motor home when we get to oz.

I have been looking on the internet to find some for sale in oz but they seem quite expensive. There is a place in the UK which sells new 6 berth motor homes for around £33,000.

Can I buy one in oz for that price. If not, has anyone any idea how much it would cost to transport one from the UK to oz?

Thanks

But you would face the problem of not having owned it for 12 months anyway, so you wouldnt be able to bring it (assuming you are planning on getting here in the next year)

• 8 months later...
Guest bcfrug

Ill second that. I looked at transporting my Caravan and Jet Ski over but too much hassle so i hav sold and am now just praying for my visa to come through.

I will deffo be buying a caravan once i arrive but id love to know what caravans are best or what options there is.

What van did you buy. They all seem so big in Oz.

Look forward to response.

Thanks so much

We bought a Jayco Eagle. It is one of those pop top things. Looks small, but sleeps 7! Easy to tow (and push into place - required a lot due to poor driving skills!). The only drawback is that you have to do a bit of setup when you arrive. Other than that it's been great.

Archived