Usual topsy turvy luck!

rockola57

Well this morning me and faceache were celebrating,as she has just been promoted and got her first new payslip,and i received a good sum of back pay,backdated!Anyway,starter knackered on car,so mechanic calls early and replaces,slight hiccup to the day,then leccy bill comes in,near a grand for the quarter(it's been freezing here).Hmmm,im thinking,strange day,so orf we goes to HR Block to see how much we get back in tax this year(last year was our first here,and it saved us !)Yup,you guessed it,we owe 1100 in tax!Goes to old address to pick up mail and find's a cheque sent 3 months ago i was not expecting!So ere we are now,same day,night time and more or less back where we started this morning,no richer,no poorer.That's LIFE as Sinatra say's !!!.:biggrin:

Guest guest33730
Jeeeez thats a BIG leccy bill rock!over £500,looks like we better buy a cpl of donkey jackets if we move to Victor because it will be colder again down there!

Pabs,

It really has been awful weather since we got here! - Tomorrow is supposed to be the wettest day in SA for 'decades' - upto 85mm! Honestly I was not expecting to feel so cold here!

Daniel

Jeeeez thats a BIG leccy bill rock!over £500,looks like we better buy a cpl of donkey jackets if we move to Victor because it will be colder again down there!
Hey Pab's,your tellin me!To be honest though,it's because we are not used to freezin' in the house,the Landlord's a mega door inge(no heating,no cooling n no wardrobes)

so we got 4 oil filled leccy radiators and theyv'e been on for much of the winter nights,me lads leave em on all night if i'm not watching!Also at least we got no gas bills as well,as its not connected.Don't worry lar,Yer can come doss at ours if yer nuts drop off down Victor,loadsa ale in the fridge!:wink:

Pabs,

It really has been awful weather since we got here! - Tomorrow is supposed to be the wettest day in SA for 'decades' - upto 85mm! Honestly I was not expecting to feel so cold here!

Daniel

I seen you mention it along with tyke the other day dan,heres me doing all me research on "state with lowest rainfall" etc before we chose our destination(because of rainoffs):biglaugh:.

I was there april/may last yr and used to have to go outside for a smoke of a nite in tykes rental,WAS a bit nippy tbh.

Saying that dan i dont go a bundle on extreme heat because of outside work,lets see what yer think in summer if it gets in the 40'S:biggrin:,rock and a hard place!

Archived