Australian bank transfers

Guest liamcnaught

Guest liamcnaught

Hi

Wondered if there are any Australian banks that would allow me to tranfer to my UK lloydstsb account. Looking to open up one before we leave and would appreciate any advice.

many thanks

Lia

Guest Mark X

I would suggest talking to Lloyds and seeing what arrangements that have with overseas banks.

I was with Barclays before I came over and they have an agreement with Westpac over here.

With any bank you can do an international transfer, this will cost, possibly at both ends and usually takes a 3-5 working days in my experience.

Hi guys

I pass money between TSB and ANZ all the time if you have a visa debit card you can go to the bank and do a pay transfer just put the card in and enter the pin at the cashiers desk in OZ in uk it has to be a formal transfer which costs 20 pounds a time

Hi

Although not Lloyds I thought I would share what we do.

We have a HSBC Premier account in UK and whilst still in UK we arranged to open a HSBC international Premier which is based in Australia but links really easily to our UK account. We use a Commonwealth account here for day to day but when we want to send money back to the UK we transfer from our Commonwealth to the HSBC international (totally free no charge) then we move the money from HSBC international to HSBC UK again totally free, HSBC do not charge for this but convert from $ to £ at their rate on that day and these seem to be fairly competitive. it sounds long winded but with Internet banking it takes minutes if that.

I'm not necessarily saying this is the best way to do it but it works really well for us.

Hi

Wondered if there are any Australian banks that would allow me to tranfer to my UK lloydstsb account. Looking to open up one before we leave and would appreciate any advice.

many thanks

Lia

Hi Lia,

I do it from HSBC onlie savings account in Australia to my UK account. There is a little cost.

Archived