To those coming home - The cost of housing

bunbury61

Guest chris955

:laugh:

For the sake of all those people moving to Australia I hope most sincerely that the exchange rate returns to $2.50 to the Pound, house prices in the UK go through the roof and those in Oz through the floor.

For the sake of all those people moving to the UK I hope most sincerely that the exchange rate reaches 1:1, house prices in the UK drop to record lows and those in Oz record highs. That should cover everyone and make all members all warm and fuzzy.

:laugh:

For the sake of all those people moving to Australia I hope most sincerely that the exchange rate returns to $2.50 to the Pound, house prices in the UK go through the roof and those in Oz through the floor.

For the sake of all those people moving to the UK I hope most sincerely that the exchange rate reaches 1:1, house prices in the UK drop to record lows and those in Oz record highs. That should cover everyone and make all members all warm and fuzzy.

Your nature is your nature,if your totally self centered then good for you,and you are.

No one asked for any of the above,i simply stated that YOU hoping the hse prices dropped even more than they already have was a bit crass,especially as you have done well financially in oz,or so you have said.

Its not hard is it? you've done well,good for you,but its NOT not nice wishing more £ misery on others as far as im concerned,as for warm glows,nah im past all that,too cynical.

We all look after ourselves first,BUT wishing financial woes on the thousands who are trying to sell their houses to go to oz ISNT nice,but as long as that mindset makes you "warm and fuzzy" ,go for it

Guest chris955

Oh FFS get a grip, I'm not sure how to tell you this but I'm pretty sure that nothing I say will make one tiny bit of difference to house prices or exchange rates.

Why you feel the need to get personal I don't know but I wont come down to that level.

I'm sorry that things are tough for you, really I am but me saying I hope things keep going in our favour is not in any way affecting anybody anywhere in the world. Believe me if I could influence the money markets with a few words on here I would. :wink:

Oh FFS get a grip, I'm not sure how to tell you this but I'm pretty sure that nothing I say will make one tiny bit of difference to house prices or exchange rates.

Why you feel the need to get personal I don't know but I wont come down to that level.

I'm sorry that things are tough for you, really I am but me saying I hope things keep going in our favour is not in any way affecting anybody anywhere in the world. Believe me if I could influence the money markets with a few words on here I would. :wink:

Get away! you DONT affect housing prices!

Im commenting on your self centered attitude thats all,things ARENT tough for me btw,i just find it extremely begrudging of you to wish things get even worse for those migrating,IF you had'nt had the rub of the green financially by buying in oz,or the exchange rate going in your favour i could understand it,but you have!

Im no martyr or saint,i just wouldnt wish MORE financial woes on those who have already suffered from hse prices and the exchange rate,i KNOW i wouldnt do that.

But then im not self centered,remember the unemployment thread?

"Im not too bothered,its regional,wont affect me" etc etc,do you EVER give a thought to anyone else,i just find your ME ME ME attitude really annoying,thats all,but im sure you can live with that, ding ding "IM" on the bus ,EVERYTIME with you isnt it.

I know chris,i really dont want to argue,so i wont,its just that "sometimes" you come across as really self centered,i dont know if you ARE or not,it just comes across that way on here.

Anyway,wel agree to disagree,ive took it offtopic enuf as is,no worries.

Guest christi

The ones that will really benefit at the moment are the people who want to come out and rent, if they have brought money with them. The interest rate on savings is really good, so that should easily pay the rent, each week.Not ideal for everyone, I know, but it is a positive, as I think most people will rent for a while before they buy

Guest burgledad
I agree with you there Chris. Tassie prices have rocketed, good for us, but not for those starting out

My old house in the UK, is back on the market 3 years after we sold it for 30k less than we sold it for, and she cant sell it,,,its been on for ages

We need to get back home and buy a house now, cos the timing is just great for us returning

Can we purchase a house in the UK from Aus? we are still British citizens,,,does anyone know?

The UK and USA have free market economies which allow anyone with enough money to buy property. No bizarre restrictions like Aus. For business reasons I follow the property market in UK and USA. It has just about bottomed out now but any price recovery will be steady as unemployment is still so high.

Getting a mortgage is the key. 25% or more deposit seems to be the cut-off for no questions asked UK mortgages with the best interest rates.10% deposit is the minimum now. You may need to be here with a job to get a mortgage though.

Archived