Help for homesick wife!

thechurchfamily

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rachel that would be fine.

As the group could be escalating in size I think Time Out restaurant at 12 midday would accommodate all and if the sun is shining plenty of space outside

Cath

Time Out

Corner Swanston St and Flinders St,

Federation Square.

Guest Andy and Lisa

Hi is there room for one more??? Im in Prahran and have only been to one get together since getting here in May so would be nice to catch up. Andy will be working and it can get pretty lonely on your own.

Lisa:jiggy:

Guest rae848
Rachel that would be fine.

As the group could be escalating in size I think Time Out restaurant at 12 midday would accommodate all and if the sun is shining plenty of space outside

Cath

Time Out

Corner Swanston St and Flinders St,

Federation Square.

Sounds good, I'll see you all there.

Guest Allieinoz

I will try and be there too as I would love to start meeting people. Have been in Oz 7 weeks and in Sanctuary Lakes 3 weeks.

Hope to see you all there.

Hi All,

I would love to meet up with new friends at some point, hopefully when the weather get a bit nicer we could meet up in a park somewhere as i have a terrible 2 yr old who would never sit quite and good in a restaurant while mum nattered on.

I do get time on my own on Thursdays but not fridays unfortunately

Guest rae848
at least 10 coming I think. yes ...... done.

just been in touch with timeout - booked for between 8 and 12 persons - starting at 12 midday, Friday 3rd September, under name of COB

Cath

Look forward to it & meeting everyone.

Regards

Rachel

Guest Lucy Vine
Hey,

Wish you were over at Point Cook. There is a big Ex pat community and everyone really helps each other out. We all feel quite homesick (all newbies to Melbourne) at times, but are getting ourselves through it with support.

I guess that only Ex Pats "get it" if that makes sense - so you get naturally drawn to them.!

Hope things settle down soon.

elaine

Hi Elaine,

It was really nice to read your message as I will be moving near Point Cook in about 3 months with my Husband and 2 small children, we live in the midlands, uk at the moment but my Husband as been offered a job move which takes us to Melbourne. We can live anywhere near Melbourne but have read quite a lot about Point Cook and surrounding areas and thought it sounded nice.

Can you tell me anything about the infant schools in and around Point Cook? My daughter is 5 and we need to find a nice school for her, if you have any recommendations i would be very grateful. I also have a little boy who is 2-1/2 so if you have any information about toddler groups this would be really helpful.

My Husband knows a few people that he will be working with but i don't know anyone in Australia and for the first 6 months i will be a stay at home mum, is it easy to make friends in Point Cook?

I'm really worried about feeling isolated, i know i'm going to miss my family when we move but i'm hoping making new friends will make it easier to deal with.

Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Lucy

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and have just seen your post about lunch tomorrow, I work opposite Time Out and would love to come along too! How exciting to meet some Brits. I married an Aussie and love it here but it's nice to talk about english stuff too sometimes.

See you tomorrow (fri 3 Sept) at midday. Emily

Hi everyone,

Really looking forward to meeting you all.!!! More the merrier Emily.

Lucy, I have replied to a thread re point cook schools on a victoria suburbs one at mo from someone else, so theres a bit on there....

Point cook have changed their school policies recently and have now zoned their schools depending on where in point cook you live... The primary schools here are really good, I have to say. They are all well recommended.

Just message me if you need anything else.

Elaine.

Hi Lucy,

I at the mo don't have a child in school but i work very locally and happen to have had numerous conversations with local teachers in the area and seabrook primary on Point cook road always comes up tops for primary schools near by.

My daughter is 2 and this is where i will be hoping to get her a spot when the time comes.

As for playgroups, I used to go to one in a local playcentre and would be happy to show you where that is once you arrive and take my daughter along too for moral support.

I think in the new point cook town centre there is a playgroup too so worth checking that out its in the library part so just do a search and see what you can find, think there may be waiting lists so maybe worth getting your name down now.

Point Cook Town Center

I was a stay at home mum for 18months and decided in March to go back to work a few days a week so now my 2 yr old goes to a daycare centre in point cook and loves it.

It is easy to meet people here, the amount of people you meet day to day is awesome and if you put yourself outthere then i am sure you will make great friends like we did when we arrived here.

You will get home sick as we all did/do at times but this is a lovely place to bring up children and when summer finally happens here!! ( hurry hurry hurry)

The outside living is just awesome.

If you want anymore info just PM me and i will try help as much as i can

Gail

Guest DebCrow

It was great to meet you today - and hopefully now you do not feel that you are all on your own... remember most of us are or have recently been in the same boat and happy to meet up for a coffee or a shopping trip

Archived