Employment for those returning!

Guest Arnold

Guest Arnold

Hi there was just wandering how many of you that are jetting back actually have work to go back to or are you going to job hunt on your return!

Are there jobs there to pay for those bargain property buys?:err:

Guest Arnold

Thats great news, congrats and all the very best.....you must be very excited :)

Please keep us updated on you return

Thats great news, congrats and all the very best.....you must be very excited :)

Please keep us updated on you return

Thank you!! And i will keep you posted on our return!,getting very excited now, only two more sleeps, getting harder and harder to get the kids to sleep at night though! Fingers crossed they will sleep plenty on the flight lol, heres hoping!

Guest Arnold
Thank you!! And i will keep you posted on our return!,getting very excited now, only two more sleeps, getting harder and harder to get the kids to sleep at night though! Fingers crossed they will sleep plenty on the flight lol, heres hoping!

I am very envious! Look forward to hearing all your news once settled. Have a great flight :wubclub:

Hi there was just wandering how many of you that are jetting back actually have work to go back to or are you going to job hunt on your return!

Are there jobs there to pay for those bargain property buys?:err:

Hi there,

Yes my husband had a job to come back to ( he also had a job to go to when we went to OZ) couldn't have made the move otherwise. I have got a little work with the ozzie people I used to work with and have a second interview for a job today. I think it depends what work you do - My OH is in health so no brainer and I am in marketing - seems to be plenty around but we are commutable to London so again that makes a difference.

Where are you on sunny coast?

Guest Arnold
Hi there,

Yes my husband had a job to come back to ( he also had a job to go to when we went to OZ) couldn't have made the move otherwise. I have got a little work with the ozzie people I used to work with and have a second interview for a job today. I think it depends what work you do - My OH is in health so no brainer and I am in marketing - seems to be plenty around but we are commutable to London so again that makes a difference.

Where are you on sunny coast?

Thats great news :) My husband also had work to come to- same employer as UK, so that worked well. Hoping they will take him back but unfortunately they are not recruiting at the mo :( I think you are right it does depend on your trade. We are in Caloundra, you?

Guest tracyinsydney

Hi

i'm not in Sydney anymore but don't know how to change my username :biggrin: .....anyway we returned in April and took us both about 4 wks, that was finding employment and starting work. It wasn't difficult to find jobs and we are both doing jobs that we wanted to do, its not like i'ved had to go out scrubbing toilets (not that theres anything wrong with that) but my OH is a senior consultant and he's got a job doing that and i do behaviour support in schools. been back 4 months now and can honestly say coming home was the best thing we ever did.

Hi

i'm not in Sydney anymore but don't know how to change my username :biggrin: .....anyway we returned in April and took us both about 4 wks, that was finding employment and starting work. It wasn't difficult to find jobs and we are both doing jobs that we wanted to do, its not like i'ved had to go out scrubbing toilets (not that theres anything wrong with that) but my OH is a senior consultant and he's got a job doing that and i do behaviour support in schools. been back 4 months now and can honestly say coming home was the best thing we ever did.

Hi Tracy and thanks for this. I think you are incredibly lucky if you can secure work from the other side of the world as not many people will even consider you.

My husband walked into the first Job he applied for here in Australia and is confident about getting work when we arrive back home.

Next week:jiggy:

P.S if you do want to change your username you just need to contact the administrator although there is propably no need. Glad you are happy...hopefully all returnees will be the same x

Thats great news :) My husband also had work to come to- same employer as UK, so that worked well. Hoping they will take him back but unfortunately they are not recruiting at the mo :( I think you are right it does depend on your trade. We are in Caloundra, you?

Hey - now in Maidenhead but we were in Sippy Downs for 3 years. Truly love the Sunshine Coast but hate it as well if that makes any sense. Love what it is as a holiday place - beautiful, laid back, cosmopolitan (ish). love Mooloolaba love the air, the sky etc. hated living there - quiet, nothing happening, no work, coast attitude (aren't you grateful you live in paradise) regional Australian approach, white faces everywhere etc. Have left number 1 son to finish uni there so cant move on completely until he is back. made first class kiwi friends there which was the best bit about living in Oz - hope and believe they will be friends for life. One of their kids is coming to stay with us in 6 weeks so the Uk exodus has begun!

Guest Arnold
Hey - now in Maidenhead but we were in Sippy Downs for 3 years. Truly love the Sunshine Coast but hate it as well if that makes any sense. Love what it is as a holiday place - beautiful, laid back, cosmopolitan (ish). love Mooloolaba love the air, the sky etc. hated living there - quiet, nothing happening, no work, coast attitude (aren't you grateful you live in paradise) regional Australian approach, white faces everywhere etc. Have left number 1 son to finish uni there so cant move on completely until he is back. made first class kiwi friends there which was the best bit about living in Oz - hope and believe they will be friends for life. One of their kids is coming to stay with us in 6 weeks so the Uk exodus has begun!

I so know what you mean.....love it/hate it! Must have been hard leaving your son behind. How long have you been back now? I can't wait to get back, we have a house to sell first and hubby needs to get work. Think it's gonna be a long process. How long did it take you from when you realised home it was to actually getting there? Did you get Citizenship first? Sorry so many questions!

Archived