RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Guest AnnaStu
Just out of interest , what timeframe did they mention in the acknowledgement email for receipt of your visa application ? A few people on here mention they are going through applications from sept /oct 2010. Their reply to you that they are working on July applications does not seem right for these visa's.

i received acknowledgement email and receipt on the 29th of july 2010 and timeframe is 5 months for ETA countries and up to 7 months for non ETA countries. I have spoken to my boss about a week ago and he said that it usually doesnt take that long as he has been taking people on rsms visa before for his company.the only thing i can think of is that because of the changes that happened in july 2010 they had loads more applications coming in that month and they are struggling to keep up with processing...

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest beedaman
i received acknowledgement email and receipt on the 29th of july 2010 and timeframe is 5 months for ETA countries and up to 7 months for non ETA countries. I have spoken to my boss about a week ago and he said that it usually doesnt take that long as he has been taking people on rsms visa before for his company.the only thing i can think of is that because of the changes that happened in july 2010 they had loads more applications coming in that month and they are struggling to keep up with processing...

I think it also has a lot to do with who's pile your application has landed on. see meadows73's posts. Even so I dont think yours should take too much longer.

I have heard from my employer that they have requested more information from them recently and although I have no CO it is nice to hear that someone is actually looking at the application. fingers crossed!!

Guest babycass

Hi I've just joined this forum today. I'm a Malaysian currently working with my employer in australia with Working holiday visa subclass 462. My working holiday visa was granted with the condition of 'no substantive visa will be granted while remaining in Australia'. I was told by the immi officer that I need to apply for an off shore RSMS visa 119 and I need to be outside Australia when my visa is being granted. She also told me I can't apply for a bridging visa.

My question is, when should I leave australia? Should I leave immediately after I lodge my visa application, or I can work for few more weeks before I leave australia and wait for the visa119 to be granted? And how would i expect when the visa will be granted? If I lodge the application in first week of April, is there a big chance that my visa will be granted in May, because my employer need me to back to work as soon as possible.

Thanks all.

Cass

:wubclub:

I posted a query on Industry migration on facebook regards RSMS 857 from ETA country and this is what they said:

Industry Migration ‎@ Jill: Processing in many cases is exceeding the processing guidelines. However in most cases - it's standard practice for a case to go unallocated for up to 6 months and the first point of contact may be a decision and/or a request for further info (depending on whether you're case was decision ready or not)

So looks like we will not hear anything until they at least 6 months then hopefully that it is granted...Good luck all keep posting your timelines it makes it easier to try to guess when I will hear anything about Our visa!

Guest Sunshinefreedom

Hi everyone,

Think its about time I updated everyone on our last few nightmarish weeks. We applied for an onshore 857 RSMS visa on 22 July 2010. First we heard of anything was on 24th Jan when we were informed by the sponsoring employer that their nomination had been approved.

Then on 3rd Feb our agent called us to tell us that the case officer was planning to refuse our visa as myself not my husband had been the main applicant on our previous visa and my husband was the main applicant on the 857 :arghh: According to our agent this rule changed after we lodged but was still applied to us!

Thankfully the case officer agreed not to refuse the application until we had had time to think, so we quickly gathered together a 119 offshore application identical to the first and lodged this. In order for this to be processed we had to write and withdraw our initial 857 application...not any easy thing to do as the dollars float away.

Our new 119 application was sent in with a DRC on 22/2 and we received an email stating that since we had withdrawn our 857 application our bridging visa will expire on 22/3 and we would need to leave the country.

After waiting more than two weeks (considering this was a DRC application) our agent contacted immi to be told they had LOST our application!!! Thankfully our agent simply gathered together and lodged a third application without telling us, I think we would have torn our hair out if we had known...

Now finally today we have had a call from our agent to say that immi is ready to approve our 119 visa:jiggy:so now to booking flights to get across to NZ before the 22nd when our bridging visa runs out...

Guest Sunshinefreedom

Babycass,

As long as your current 462visa contiues to be valid you can stay in the country until DIAC send you a pre-grant letter telling you to get out of the country so that they can approve your application. It is worth noting that if you use an agent they can sign a Decision Ready Checklist (DRC) which will get you visa looked at in 2 weeks -2months rather than 7-9months. Worth considering even if you only use them to do the checklst bit. Agents will only (can only) do this if your application is 100% complete.

We used a DRC, lodged an off shore app. whilst in Australia and got our pre-grant letter in just over two weeks- good luck :)

Guest Sunshinefreedom

AnnaStu,

I feel your pain, time has also been running out for us, I truely hope that your visa comes through very soon and you ae able to relax and enjoy your life in Aus. Good Luck :)

Guest babycass

Thanks Sunshinefreedom for your helpful reply! The DRC seems quite a good idea. How do I know which migration agent to get, or do they have any difference in charges and efficiency? Maybe I should get one with their office nearest to my place?

Cheers,

Cass

Guest babycass
Babycass,

As long as your current 462visa contiues to be valid you can stay in the country until DIAC send you a pre-grant letter telling you to get out of the country so that they can approve your application. It is worth noting that if you use an agent they can sign a Decision Ready Checklist (DRC) which will get you visa looked at in 2 weeks -2months rather than 7-9months. Worth considering even if you only use them to do the checklst bit. Agents will only (can only) do this if your application is 100% complete.

We used a DRC, lodged an off shore app. whilst in Australia and got our pre-grant letter in just over two weeks- good luck :)

Hi, i did some research in the forum and someone's saying that DRC is only for on-shore applications, which is kinda frustrating. Is that true? but you did say u used a DRC to lodge an off shore app. Do u mind telling what kind of visa u've? was is RSMS 119, same as mine?

Thanks heaps for your help.

Cass:yes:

Guest Sunshinefreedom
Hi, i did some research in the forum and someone's saying that DRC is only for on-shore applications, which is kinda frustrating. Is that true? but you did say u used a DRC to lodge an off shore app. Do u mind telling what kind of visa u've? was is RSMS 119, same as mine?

Thanks heaps for your help.

Cass:yes:

Hi Cass,

Yes ours is also a 119 RSMS- an offshore application so you can definately use a DRC for this (some other visa classes don't allow you to use these for off shore applications but RSMS 119 do). As for agents I think it is a good idea to use one with offices close to you but the main thing is to ensure that they declare in your contract that they will lodge it with a Decision Ready Checklist- not just a decision ready application.

Guest babycass
Hi Cass,

Yes ours is also a 119 RSMS- an offshore application so you can definately use a DRC for this (some other visa classes don't allow you to use these for off shore applications but RSMS 119 do). As for agents I think it is a good idea to use one with offices close to you but the main thing is to ensure that they declare in your contract that they will lodge it with a Decision Ready Checklist- not just a decision ready application.

thanks. I've emailed some agents and asked them about the DRC. Some of them quoted 3000++ for whole app process. but I'm jz thking maybe i can get them to jz do the DRC part? Is that possible??

I e-mailed DIAC at Paramatta to ask how long RSMS visa's are taking to process,this is the response I got , not much info really !

Due to the demand driven nature of the program, the Permanent Employer

Sponsored Entry network is continuing to receive large numbers of employer

nominations and visa applications.

This means that some applications being received through the NSW Centre

may take some time to be allocated to a case officer for assessment.

Please be assured that all issues surrounding processing backlogs have

been appropriately escalated.

You will be contacted by a case officer within 2 working days of the

employer nomination and/or visa application being allocated, with either

an outcome for decision-ready cases or a request for additional

information or documents.

Until a case is allocated, we are unable to provide you with advice

regarding processing timeframes.

We apologise for all inconveniences caused as a result of the delays in

allocation.

Please note that the published service standards for ENS/RSMS cases is 5

months (ETA countries) and 7 months (non-ETA countries). Timeframes for

processing an application vary from one case to another, depending on the

individual circumstances of each applicant . The NSW PESE team are

committed to providing you with an decision on your application within the

published service standards.

Hi

I had rudely forgotten to post my timeline! My visa was happily granted end of January! Phew what a relief!! Now only have to wait till Jan 12 to apply for the long awaited citizenship and then FREEDOM!!!

My timeline roughly was

18th March - employer nomination to regional

7th April - regional to main immi

28th July - main imm application approved

10th Aug - app for 857 posted to immi

12th Aug (8am) payment taken (cant say they arent quick with that lol)

22nd January - 857 granted! Checked before I left work at 5pm on the Friday...nothing...Saturday am it was there! (after I spent Friday night drunkenly moaning to a friend!!) Poor bugger must have been their quite late granting visas...I felt a bit bad!!!

Hi

I had rudely forgotten to post my timeline! My visa was happily granted end of January! Phew what a relief!! Now only have to wait till Jan 12 to apply for the long awaited citizenship and then FREEDOM!!!

My timeline roughly was

18th March - employer nomination to regional

7th April - regional to main immi

28th July - main imm application approved

10th Aug - app for 857 posted to immi

12th Aug (8am) payment taken (cant say they arent quick with that lol)

22nd January - 857 granted! Checked before I left work at 5pm on the Friday...nothing...Saturday am it was there! (after I spent Friday night drunkenly moaning to a friend!!) Poor bugger must have been their quite late granting visas...I felt a bit bad!!!

Yes I would of felt bad too,NOT lol,so they should be working over-time if they have a lot of work....

Congratulations on the Visa x

Am I right in thinking that you lodged the application and heard nothing at all until you got the e-mail granting the visa! Or did they contact you before granting?

Hey

Not a dicky bird!!! I even emailed three days prior and got the generic timeline response! I couldn't believe it was just sitting there on the Saturday morning!! After being on three different visas and panicking after making a life here over five years that they would say no I was pretty flipping happy!!! Make sure you check your junk email too of Immi aren't on your safe list as I had nothing else from them not even a paper copy! It's a frustrating wait but you will get there soon, no news isn't always bad news!! Good luck mate!

It has become some sort of OCD ,I cannot stop myself from checking e-mails everyday and looking on these forums for some news on timelines...it's driving me nuts.Gonna stop right now and only check once a week (well i'll try )

Lol you are far from alone it became my daily mantra!! The visa basically took the 5mths they said it would from lodgement with the main immi if that helps! But it sounds like the backlogs continue........

Lol you are far from alone it became my daily mantra!! The visa basically took the 5mths they said it would from lodgement with the main immi if that helps! But it sounds like the backlogs continue........

See can,t keep off the bloody thing...our 5 months is up on the 5th April so we are not even over the timeline yet...I just want it it now...and hoping that by some MIRACLE we will get it early..lol.I think that because they obviously do not get in touch from the e-mail regarding lodgement you seem to think that until they get in touch nothing is happening.But as you say you heard nothing till grant so here's to the 5th of April and wishful thinking x

Guest AnnaStu
Hi everyone,

Think its about time I updated everyone on our last few nightmarish weeks. We applied for an onshore 857 RSMS visa on 22 July 2010. First we heard of anything was on 24th Jan when we were informed by the sponsoring employer that their nomination had been approved.

Then on 3rd Feb our agent called us to tell us that the case officer was planning to refuse our visa as myself not my husband had been the main applicant on our previous visa and my husband was the main applicant on the 857 :arghh: According to our agent this rule changed after we lodged but was still applied to us!

Thankfully the case officer agreed not to refuse the application until we had had time to think, so we quickly gathered together a 119 offshore application identical to the first and lodged this. In order for this to be processed we had to write and withdraw our initial 857 application...not any easy thing to do as the dollars float away.

Our new 119 application was sent in with a DRC on 22/2 and we received an email stating that since we had withdrawn our 857 application our bridging visa will expire on 22/3 and we would need to leave the country.

After waiting more than two weeks (considering this was a DRC application) our agent contacted immi to be told they had LOST our application!!! Thankfully our agent simply gathered together and lodged a third application without telling us, I think we would have torn our hair out if we had known...

Now finally today we have had a call from our agent to say that immi is ready to approve our 119 visa:jiggy:so now to booking flights to get across to NZ before the 22nd when our bridging visa runs out...

Thats Crazy! how can they just lose a application!!?? im fretting now they have lost mine too and thats the reason i havnt heard anything!:swoon:

congratulations on ur visa!

Guest fredlr2

Hi guys,

ive been reading this forum for months, never posted anything before tho.

anyway, i have just received this night my PR!

so excited!

here is my timeline: (applied in perth)

job offer: nov 09

IELTS dec 09

regional approval 4 nov 2010

application in: 10 nov 2010

CO: 17 mar 2011

form 80 requested

PR approved: 21 mars 2011

going back to Oz in two weeks!

cant wait to be in sunny Broome again!

good luck everyone!:biggrin:

Hi guys,

ive been reading this forum for months, never posted anything before tho.

anyway, i have just received this night my PR!

so excited!

here is my timeline: (applied in perth)

job offer: nov 09

IELTS dec 09

regional approval 4 nov 2010

application in: 10 nov 2010

CO: 17 mar 2011

form 80 requested

PR approved: 21 mars 2011

going back to Oz in two weeks!

cant wait to be in sunny Broome again!

good luck everyone!:biggrin:

Congratulations on your PR.

I assume this was offshore 119?

Where did you lodge at?

Guest beedaman

Good Luck! Your PR visa within the 5 months timeframe! I am still waiting for a CO after 5 months since lodging my application. :(( :cry:

Guest iraghuveer
Well still heard nothing our 5 months is up on the 5th April in 13 days.Just spoke to our MA he has not heard anything either.Would expect DIAC to amend the service standards if they can't stick to them :(

i am waiting from 6 months. didnt heard anything. does anyone know how to check wit immi regarding which month files they doin ?