Moving Back

coast to coast

Hi ALL, This is my first post,long time reader! Well after 5 1/2 yrs here on the Gold Coast, we have deceided to go home.We will be returning with our 4yr old who was born here in OZ.

Hubby works as a Head chef, and he has had enough so sick of staff not turning up for work, when they do they don`t know what they are doing!!:arghh: He has had it, and is quite happy to return home. I can`t wait, we have had some good times here, and we have our citizenship.

So we are planning for house to go for sale in Nov and we move when it sells.

Elle

Guest famousfive

Hi and welcome to the forum.My OH is a head chef too and feels the same,he is an aussie and he keeps saying there is no work ethic at all in restaurants here and is amazed at the amount of so called qualified chefs who just don't know how to cook.He has worked for some charlatans and some great people too but the attitude from staff remains the same.We return to Ireland next year and look forward to getting into a decent work environment again.Good luck with your return.

Hi ALL, This is my first post,long time reader! Well after 5 1/2 yrs here on the Gold Coast, we have deceided to go home.We will be returning with our 4yr old who was born here in OZ.

Hubby works as a Head chef, and he has had enough so sick of staff not turning up for work, when they do they don`t know what they are doing!!:arghh: He has had it, and is quite happy to return home. I can`t wait, we have had some good times here, and we have our citizenship.

Elle

Hi Good luck to you Elle, I'm sure Famous Five will be along soon with some words of encouragement as her husband is also a chef....take care.

Just over 2 weeks to go......:jiggy:

Hi and welcome to the forum.My OH is a head chef too and feels the same,he is an aussie and he keeps saying there is no work ethic at all in restaurants here and is amazed at the amount of so called qualified chefs who just don't know how to cook.He has worked for some charlatans and some great people too but the attitude from staff remains the same.We return to Ireland next year and look forward to getting into a decent work environment again.Good luck with your return.

Thank god it isn`t just us!!!! Thank you all for your replys, we are off to Vegas in November for a well earned break then house up for sale, sell cars and off we go !

Elle

Hi best of luck with your return home - I must say since being back in Uk am astounded at the quality of the food here - absolutely beautiful (have been lunching sooo much - it must stop soon). Pub food is amazing here in berks - hope your OH enjoys returning to a rejuvenated "foodie" culture.

xx

lol, the packers are here tomorrow Clare....good luck with the house sale in Sept xx:hug:

Good luck with the shippers today!

Ours are here also today, Got here just after 8am, One week today and we will be back home! lol x

Guest chris955

That's exactly what my brother said when he came back from a trip to the UK recently, he was amazed at the quality and variety of the food, in stark contrast to what some seem to say.

Hi best of luck with your return home - I must say since being back in Uk am astounded at the quality of the food here - absolutely beautiful (have been lunching sooo much - it must stop soon). Pub food is amazing here in berks - hope your OH enjoys returning to a rejuvenated "foodie" culture.

xx

Archived