Just need to get this out!

hmsmark

I've posted a couple of times here, mostly lurked, and just want to get this off my chest. My wife and I decided to try to migrate to Australia during the early part of this year. So I sent my materials off for a skills assessment, which came back positive, and also took the IELTS for extra points, which I passed handily being a native speaker and all.

Then, after getting these two things out of the way, I was ready to fill out my GSM 175 application, and secondary school teacher (my occupation) was on the CSL, and I was planning on being in OZ by early next year or so. So, as we all know, the bottom fell out. First CSL went away, and then they suspended GSM applications all together. Now it appears it would take 2-years to process a 175 application, and there are nasty words out there like capping and the possibility that after waiting all that time, I might be back as square one. Just not for me...

So, I've decided to take a break and not look at any OZ immigration stuff until December. I'm giving myself an ulcer worrying about a foreign election and the machinations of Australian state government, neither of which I can effect. I'm not making the best career or financial decisions where I am right now because I have oz in the back of my mind, and I have to earn a living right now, not worry about something that might be a pipe dream.

This will let the states get their SMPs out, a new government decide what it wants to do, I hope, and if my job(s) (either secondary school or special needs teacher) appear on the list for any state, then I will apply. If not, then I will have to make other plans. I just can't sit around worrying about things I can't change and neglect the things that I can. Not healthy.

Just my feelings on the matter...

Archived