4 month update!!

TaniaColin

Some people have been asking us for an update so here goes....

As the title says we have now been back in England for four months and things are going well.

We are living in a nice semi-rural area with lots of greenery around, which will be ideal for when our dog Cody arrives back in September. I was worried about my eldest son settling into High School as we weren't in the right catchment area for our choice of schools, where his previous friends had gone to. Arran settled in straight away and has made lots of friends , the school gained the 'Outstanding School status' which places it within the top 18% or so in the UK. Cameron will start there next year.

Arwen is still enjoying school and is making brill progress even with the school years being different in Oz. Chad will start at the same school in nursery but we will pay for him to do 'wrap around care'. He is certainly ready for school, as the youngest of four he is very independent.

I've taken time out which has been nice to spend time with the children, i have kept myself busy doing different courses, and i have decided to become a classroom assistant, my college course starts next month, and i will be doing my placement at the youngest kids school. I am looking forward to this, as it will open up more opportunites for me next year. I am now promoting my mobile hairdressing business, delivering leaflets so i have some old and some new clients approaching me, so i am pretty confident that i shall have a good business built up again in time for Christmas.

Colin returns in the next few weeks, which will be brill and finally reunited again.

We haven't ruled out not returning to Australia in the near future, it is something what i would like to do, the kids are still not keen with the idea though.

It has been a positive experience in one way, and i have had time to evaluate my life. I certainly don't feel stressed as much anymore which has to be a bonus, and it is nice to see my family most days, and for them to spend quality time with the kids.

I even bought an Austalian mag last week although the boys go mad with me.

So watch this space as we might be going on our travels again!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to all those going to or returning from Oz it certainly is one big adventure, and one what i don't regret.:biggrin:

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Tania

You seem to have settled back in very easy and so do the kids which is good.

Would you come back to Melbourne or would you try a different state if you did return?

Kate

Hi Tania

You seem to have settled back in very easy and so do the kids which is good.

Would you come back to Melbourne or would you try a different state if you did return?

Kate

I'm not sure Kate, maybe a different area of Melbourne or a different state, it wouldn't be until a couple of years anyway, i would like to finish off my courses and Chad be of school age

Tania x

Guest juliemtaylor

Hi Tania,

Can't believe it has been 4 months, but then again we have been here 6 months at the end of August. Funny how you were never at home here, and we feel like we have been here forever already!

Hope your placement goes well and your new career, it will certainly work around the kids! Hope when Colin finally arrives he will find work and so you will both be able to sustain your family. Not sure you will come back to Oz as I am not sure things will be any different and you need your family to support you all.

Good Luck in your return to UK life, enjoy the summer!

Julie xx

Archived