leeannekays

Hi, this site is addictive!! lots of information and making me hungrier for the move to OZ. Were waiting on my other halfs trade assessment, hes a refrig engineer. We still havent decided which area we want to live. We have been to melborne for a holiday and gold coast.

Anyone know how long the assessment usually takes? :err:

Guest guest33730
Hi, this site is addictive!! lots of information and making me hungrier for the move to OZ. Were waiting on my other halfs trade assessment, hes a refrig engineer. We still havent decided which area we want to live. We have been to melborne for a holiday and gold coast.

Welcome Leeannekays,

I can't help with your question but just wanted to welcome you to the PIO gang, hopefully someone will be along shortly with answers.

Daniel

Hi and welcome to PIO.

Waiting for the visa is a nightmare,, i remember it well and really don't envy you,lol

Im not sure how long current processing is taking ,maybe have a read through the migration section and see if you can find anyone applying for the same type.

Good Luck with everything

Cal x

Thank you everyone, it is a waiting game. We didnt use a agent for the trade assessment and I am concerned we havent submitted enough evidence. We are going to use a agent to do the visa if we are lucky enough to get that far.

Are you returning back to the UK dawny? How come?

Leeanne

Hello Leanne and welcome ot the forum!

The paper based portion of the Vetassess assessment normally takes about a month from receipt of the documents. Unfortunately you will have missed the practicals that are starting in UK tomorrow (3rd August). Hopefully Vetassess will schedule more practicals for later in the year.

Regards

Hi Stephen, If it comes back there is not enough evidence for the trade assessment can we get a agent involved or is it best to complete the trade assessment ourselves to the end and start with an agent for the visa. (if we get that far).

Leeanne

Hello Leanne,

If there is any issue with the trade assessment I would suggest asking an agent to have a look at the application and the reasons for rejection.

For the visa I would also advise getting quotes from a few agents (both in the UK and here in Aus) and then making a decision from there.

Regards

Archived