Long term car hire?

Herbies

Just wondering if anyone has found them selves in this situation and what the best outcome was.

My parents are visiting this year from early November until February, really excited about them coming, however a little concerned about getting around. We are a family of 4 so along with parents would not be able to fit in one car, also don't really want to be ferrying them around all the time, as life will still have to go on, school, work etc.

Parents are in there 70s although fully well and mobile, but unable to afford a car hire for 3 months. Is anyone aware of a company that offers affordable rates for long term hire, in Melbourne or any other ideas or solutions would be most welcome.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Trudes x :wacko:

When my in laws came to visit, we put them on my hubbys insurance and they had his car, then we hired the cheapest little car we could for hubby to drive to and from work. As an Australian resident, it cost us far less to hire a car than it would have for my in laws as British residents. We have been looking at doing the same when they come this year, and I think the quotes were coming out at around $700 for us to hire a little car for five weeks, vs around £1500 for them! Also try different pick up locations. We found that some had more expensive hire than others, even from the same company.

Just wondering if anyone has found them selves in this situation and what the best outcome was.

My parents are visiting this year from early November until February, really excited about them coming, however a little concerned about getting around. We are a family of 4 so along with parents would not be able to fit in one car, also don't really want to be ferrying them around all the time, as life will still have to go on, school, work etc.

Parents are in there 70s although fully well and mobile, but unable to afford a car hire for 3 months. Is anyone aware of a company that offers affordable rates for long term hire, in Melbourne or any other ideas or solutions would be most welcome.

Just a thought..rentabomb.....we had a car from them for about 8 weeks, fully roadworthy racv etc and it was cheap as chips

Archived