Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

George Lombard

The following link from the new Client Service Charter: Client Service Charter suggests likely DIAC processing times for those with a new State Migration Plan application (six months) and those on the SOL without an SMP approval (18 months).

Generally the Client Service Charter is one of the first casualties of any real or imaginary crisis but it does give an indication of the possible advantages of state sponsorship through an SMP. Personally I was surprised at the size of the differential, this will create an enormous spike when the SMPs are announced, I imagine.

It also suggests that people with an existing Priority Group 3 (SOL but no SMP approval) application as at 1 July will have a 12 month wait. The prospects seem bad, however, for those in Priority Group 4 (not current SOL, not on SMP).

Cheers,

George Lombard

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi George

Very many thanks for the information that you have provided.

Jamie's debate with himself about whether or not employer-sponsorship might be the way forward for some of the applicants in Group 4 has nothing to do with the new Service Charter so I have changed your thread in the Agents only information sub-forum into two separate threads. I have moved the other debate into the main Migration Issues section because the debate is not new and it is not "information" either.

Turning to the topic in hand, I don't understand the new Service Charter. According to my hypothesis, the visa applicant is a Bricklayer so his occupation has moved him into the new Processing Priority Category 3. However he is Family sponsored, not State sponsored, because his sister has moved to NSW and she is sponsoring her brother the Bricklayer. He wants to live near his sister so State sponsorship is not appropriate for him.

Question: how long will it take to process his visa application? The Service Charter does not seem to cater for the man in my example?

Maybe it is just too early in the morning for me to make sense of this. I'm only on my second mug of tea when I need the whole bucket of tea to wake my brain cells up. However at the moment I don't understand how DIAC expect the Bricklayer's timeline to unfold?

Many thanks

Gill

Guest jackd
Hi George

Very many thanks for the information that you have provided.

Jamie's debate with himself about whether or not employer-sponsorship might be the way forward for some of the applicants in Group 4 has nothing to do with the new Service Charter so I have changed your thread in the Agents only information sub-forum into two separate threads. I have moved the other debate into the main Migration Issues section because the debate is not new and it is not "information" either.

Turning to the topic in hand, I don't understand the new Service Charter. According to my hypothesis, the visa applicant is a Bricklayer so his occupation has moved him into the new Processing Priority Category 3. However he is Family sponsored, not State sponsored, because his sister has moved to NSW and she is sponsoring her brother the Bricklayer. He wants to live near his sister so State sponsorship is not appropriate for him.

Question: how long will it take to process his visa application? The Service Charter does not seem to cater for the man in my example?

Maybe it is just too early in the morning for me to make sense of this. I'm only on my second mug of tea when I need the whole bucket of tea to wake my brain cells up. However at the moment I don't understand how DIAC expect the Bricklayer's timeline to unfold?

Many thanks

Gill

Hello, Gill

I am 475 applicant applied on second quarter of June 2009 I had job verification on this month first week can I expect my visa in August 2010 or I also have to wait until 2012.I am from High Risk country.

Regard's

Jackd.

Guest Gollywobbler
Hello, Gill

I am 475 applicant applied on second quarter of June 2009 I had job verification on this month first week can I expect my visa in August 2010 or I also have to wait until 2012.I am from High Risk country.

Regard's

Jackd.

Hi jackd

Are you State sponsored or Family sponsored, please?

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill

Try this one as well as the hypothetical bricklayer please.

1-WA SS, Hairdresser since 19 yrs old, lodged prior 8-2-10, UK resident, Cat 4

2- Hairdresser non sponsored 24 yrs old, 3 yrs exp inc training High Risk country, Cat 4

How on earth can the two be in Cat 4 !!!!

Can somebody please indicate if they have they any insider information as to if people with SS will obtain an higher priority. Frankly to state cat 4 will be looked at when all the rest are finished is not an indication of service.

People's health will start being affected as a result of this !!!!

My auntie lives in Oz and she has told me that Aussies are getting frustrated trying to hold a conversation with a shop worker whose grasp of the english language is suspect. I am against this view personally but surely the person I quote as 1 in my comparison should be higher ranked than that in 2. After all priority is a ranking order.

Thanks

Shane

Guest VickyMel
Frankly to state cat 4 will be looked at when all the rest are finished is not an indication of service.

Hi Shane

I actually think that it is a good indication of the level of service myself - and that level is BAD.

I think Cat 4 is the result of their stupidity for not thinking about numbers in the past and is now an embarassment to them that they would rather just went away than them have to deal with.

If Cat 1 ,2 & 3 ever get close to being finished they would probably rather invent a new set of categories or criteria or expand the SOL again to suit their needs so they can just select the ones they want.

Vickymel

Guest milano
Hi jackd

Cheers

Gill

Dear Gill,

the same question i wud like to ask u if u shed some light on it. I am Dec 2007 applicant with Vic SS and category 3. Verification done 10days ago..wat do u think when shud i expect my visa? Do u think i shud raise PLE or email to CO? or wait for another 1 week?

Thanks in advance

Dear Gill,

the same question i wud like to ask u if u shed some light on it. I am Dec 2007 applicant with Vic SS and category 3. Verification done 10days ago..wat do u think when shud i expect my visa? Do u think i shud raise PLE or email to CO? or wait for another 1 week?

Thanks in advance

Welcome back Milano,

I would expect that ur visa will come b4 21 Aug. Because after this date there is possibility of more changes if new Govt. takes in.

Guest milano
Welcome back Milano,

I would expect that ur visa will come b4 21 Aug. Because after this date there is possibility of more changes if new Govt. takes in.

Thanks VB,

Hope i will be getting my grant letter b4 that date. I cant afford to wait anymore.

Thanks VB,

Hope i will be getting my grant letter b4 that date. I cant afford to wait anymore.

Same is with me but what can we do, This is how the DIAC is working... today you are happy because ur on p4 tomorrow you can be thrown out by the DIAC's new policy. That is how they are working...Let's hope some professional people takes in after the elections.

It's possible that the processing times could be on the pessimistic side.

At the end of last year DIAC were advising that applications on the CSL for a 175 would take around 12 months, but in reality were going through the system in 4 to 6 months. And with no Category 2 for another two or three months, I'd expect Category 3s to be moving reasonably fast.

Guest jackd
Hi jackd

Cheers

Gill

Hello, Gill

Thanks for your quick replay.

I am State Sponsored .

Regard's

jackd.:notworthy:

Guest Gollywobbler
Hello, Gill

Thanks for your quick replay.

I am State Sponsored .

Regard's

jackd.:notworthy:

Hi Jackd

If your occupation falls within the new Category 3, you can expect to wait for about 18 months after 1st July 2010 according to George Lombard and the new Clients Service Charter (or whatever the latter is called.)

Cheers

Gill

Guest Pixie10

So am i right in thinking that State sponsorship would be preferable to independent 175 with occupation on SOL??

I'm debating which one to go for

Thanks

Guest jains005

just went through the liberal party's migration policies. looks like they are going to tighten things...

Archived