back three weeks and feeling a little lost

mrsindecision

Hi there - just thought I'd let you know I have been doing some wider research into the feelings of returning home after living abroad and realise just how unrealistic I have been - expecting to settle immediately. I realise the truth is I suffered so much in Oz being away and recognising that I wasn't settling, that any emotion similar to that feels too much to bear. I don't want to let go of my experience in Oz it was life changing but equally will need time to re-adjust to life in the UK. Obvious when you write it but not so obvious when you are in the middle of it. Der!

Hi there - just thought I'd let you know I have been doing some wider research into the feelings of returning home after living abroad and realise just how unrealistic I have been - expecting to settle immediately. I realise the truth is I suffered so much in Oz being away and recognising that I wasn't settling, that any emotion similar to that feels too much to bear. I don't want to let go of my experience in Oz it was life changing but equally will need time to re-adjust to life in the UK. Obvious when you write it but not so obvious when you are in the middle of it. Der!

It's true. No matter how much you want to be home there can still be a feeling of being foreign and dislocated for a while. It does get better, but it takes a bit of time - quite a lot of time in my case (I'm a slow learner!).

Quoll - I've just looked up when half term is (didn't want to think about being back at school at the beginning of the summer holidays!). Our's is from 21st Oct - !st Nov, but don't know about anyone else. Not that it matters to me; I can come if the girls are at school or not, so will fit in with anything different.

Archived