Defacto and step daughter on my 457??

Pozz

Hi guys just reading through the 457 visa questions and getting stressed.

I have a defacto partner which isnt a problem in proving, but she has a daughter who is effectively my step daughter.

The form asks for evidence of legal responsibility of the dependent child. Legally I am not responsible for her but she is dependent on my partner and I provide money for food and bills and provide general fatherly duties.

Other than statements from the three of us explaining this what else can I do. I am also aware that step fathers have no legal rights over children unless they have guardianship.

Any help appreciated :notworthy:

In relation to children, either you or your partner need to show legal authority to determine where child can live. So your partner needs to show she has sole authority OR, if the child's natural father has Parental Responsibility, his consent is needed or a court order allowing child to live in Australia. This assumes that your step-child is under 18 ?

Regards

Tony

If she is 18 all you need to do is prove dependency - so as long as she is not working, you can prove she is financially dependent on you and your partner - let them know that the reason she is not in full-time study now is because of your Australian plnas and she will continue her education when you get to Australia, supported by you and your partner.

Regards

Tony

Archived