PR Status in CV

imaxx

hello. i'd like to get your advise where to insert my PR status in my CV so that employers would know that i am eligible to work in Australia. I have made my initial entry and returned home but planning to make the big move in 3 months. I am trying to apply for a job online but i was worried that since I have indicated my address outside of oz, employers or agents might think i have no work rights in Oz.

your inputs will be highly appreciated. thanks in advance.

hello. i'd like to get your advise where to insert my PR status in my CV so that employers would know that i am eligible to work in Australia. I have made my initial entry and returned home but planning to make the big move in 3 months. I am trying to apply for a job online but i was worried that since I have indicated my address outside of oz, employers or agents might think i have no work rights in Oz.

your inputs will be highly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Umm well perhaps mention your status at the top just underneath where you have put name, address etc. Now that wasn't too hard was it. :laugh:

Guest itsSHIRLEY

Hi just a question about Cv's I only have two years in my occupation , and two years in a related occupation. I am 42 and have had many jobs in the past that are nothing to do with my present occupation how far back should you go with employment hsiatory ? should i just stick to relevent occuaptions, please can any one help

List everything, otherwise we wonder what you've been up to in the missing years (jail? stoned under a tree?)

Detail relevent experience for related occupations, then do a bit of creative thinking about the others and make them relevent; if you were a checkout chick you've been self-motivated and proved to be honest with money, etc, but don't go overboard.

If you've had shedloads of jobs, I'd try and combine them on the CV, something like "2004-2008, various part time casual positions in X industry while at raising children" or something. We pretty much automatically reject candidates who move around every 6 months as being fly-by-nights, you'll have to work to get around that first impression.

And no-one cares about your GCSE scores or that you were captain of the hockey team at school. 18 year olds might include that, but once you've got life experience don't bother.

Oh, the biggest thing, personal details first, then work experience from most recent, we don't want to plough through pages of waffle to get to the bones of it. Use a good quality heavy cream paper to make it stand out, and don't put a photo on it unless your industry demands a pretty face.

Archived