Good job news

Guest chris955

Guest guest30038
BBC News - UK unemployment falls to 2.47 million

It's always good to see some positive news for those returning. Having read on here that unemployment is double what it is here which would in fact make it 10.4 % some realism was called for.

7.8% is still pretty dismal though..............half as much again as the Oz rate and more than double the ACT and NT, but nice to see some good news coming out of the UK.

If it's Poles that have gone back home, that should make one (or more) particular poster(s) happy :wink:

kev

Guest chris955

I would say double figures was dismal, under 8% is manageable. You shouldn't really compare the UK's rate with the % in a State as many southern counties are way lower than the overall rate, some down near 3 or 4% and the high unemployment areas obviously distort the overall figure.

What you also need to bear in mind is that in this country you are classed as employed if you work 1 (one) hour. Some say the true figure is closer to 11%.

7.8% is still pretty dismal though..............half as much again as the Oz rate and more than double the ACT and NT, but nice to see some good news coming out of the UK.

If it's Poles that have gone back home, that should make one (or more) particular poster(s) happy :wink:

kev

Guest moonsurfer
It certainly is good news, mate. Hate to see blokes out of work and having to lower their pride and dignity by waiting at the dole office because beaurocrats stuff up.

Cheers, Bobj.

Blokes indeed. Thanks Australia, that's typical and one of the reasons I've got my ticket back to LHR in August.

I hope that when I get there, I prove to be a 'statistic' of those who are working rather than those who are not. I'm a single woman in a professional position and have supported myself for 25 years. Too much of Australia is centred around the jingoism of the little labouring man working in a manual job for 30 years to pay off a 600 sq m block and being exalted for it. If you're a single woman past your twenties in Australia with no children, kill yourself now or renew your passport. NO THANKS.

more people are in work but you do have a much higher number of people in part time work which could be a problem with the increases in vat etc plus not taking into account the job cuts that con/dem coalition is thinking of making.

at my work people are leaving and not all are being replaced either but the prospects are better in some industries then others i wouldnt want to be going back to the UK if it was public sector work i was after.

Guest chris955

Don't apologise for how things are where you live, it is obviously pretty tough up that way. I am always surprised just how different things are North and South. I suppose there are lots more tourists in the South and they create a lot of employment.

Don't apologise for how things are where you live, it is obviously pretty tough up that way. I am always surprised just how different things are North and South. I suppose there are lots more tourists in the South and they create a lot of employment.

Since capital of culture theres been hundreds of thousands of visitors to lpool tbh,in fact its right up there now as a tourist destination believe it or not.

Half the trouble in my industry is that buildings are more or less coming in modular form now,huge slabs of so called brick that just locks together,no brick tho,just a half inch fake veneer,all the buildings are glass marble,fake stone panels etc,its just less labour intensive and i dont suppose its going to get any better in that respect,only worse because of £.

The buildings now are going like the typical McDonalds restaurant,the ONLY brick in them is in the footings,the building comes on the back of artics overnight,all the tiles furniture and fittings are ready to go,it locks together,and the "bricks" you see are 10mm tiles.

Im afraid its the future,the building industry is a bit of a dying trade right now.

Ah well,ive NEVER known ANYTHING like the last 18 months,it CANT get any worse,can it??????:wideeyed::yes:

Guest siamsusie
Blokes indeed. Thanks Australia, that's typical and one of the reasons I've got my ticket back to LHR in August.

I hope that when I get there, I prove to be a 'statistic' of those who are working rather than those who are not. I'm a single woman in a professional position and have supported myself for 25 years. Too much of Australia is centred around the jingoism of the little labouring man working in a manual job for 30 years to pay off a 600 sq m block and being exalted for it. If you're a single woman past your twenties in Australia with no children, kill yourself now or renew your passport. NO THANKS.

:laugh: did our wonderful Bob upset you?

The man is a bushman, inoffensive as... if he were confronted by a blond 36,22,36 she'd still be one of the blokes...

Bob has done more in a few months than some in a lifetime....

Nothing wrong with "the labouring man".... they maketh what Australia is today!

Susie

Au revoir!

Guest Guest37175
Since capital of culture theres been hundreds of thousands of visitors to lpool tbh,in fact its right up there now as a tourist destination believe it or not.

Half the trouble in my industry is that buildings are more or less coming in modular form now,huge slabs of so called brick that just locks together,no brick tho,just a half inch fake veneer,all the buildings are glass marble,fake stone panels etc,its just less labour intensive and i dont suppose its going to get any better in that respect,only worse because of £.

The buildings now are going like the typical McDonalds restaurant,the ONLY brick in them is in the footings,the building comes on the back of artics overnight,all the tiles furniture and fittings are ready to go,it locks together,and the "bricks" you see are 10mm tiles.

Im afraid its the future,the building industry is a bit of a dying trade right now.

Ah well,ive NEVER known ANYTHING like the last 18 months,it CANT get any worse,can it??????:wideeyed::yes:

Keep your chin up lad, better days will come.

Guest guest37336
:laugh: did our wonderful Bob upset you?

The man is a bushman, inoffensive as... if he were confronted by a blond 36,22,36 she'd still be one of the blokes...

Bob has done more in a few months than some in a lifetime....

Nothing wrong with "the labouring man".... they maketh what Australia is today!

Susie

Au revoir!

Hey Susie.

I am due down at the local tonight to participate in 'Have A Brawl And Punch Up Night', every Friday, never fails. Can I have you as my second and nominate you for anyone that looks a bit too tough to take on, go girl.:wink:

PS. I detect a Durian moment coming on Susie:laugh:.

Cheers Tony:notworthy:

Guest siamsusie
Hey Susie.

I am due down at the local tonight to participate in 'Have A Brawl And Punch Up Night', every Friday, never fails. Can I have you as my second and nominate you for anyone that looks a bit too tough to take on, go girl.

Cheers Tony

:happy_face_outlaw_s:yes: just pass them over Tony.... seriously if "one" thinks as a "professional" coming to Australia is going to get your respect with that attitude, then no wonder "one" doesnt fit in. :hug: Susie

"PS. I detect a Durian moment coming on Susie" and a Marrow!

Oops Chris is watching apologies Chris, the "good news" is..... I mean it lol x

Guest Guest37175
I hope so mate,putting the hse up again in the next cpl of weeks,IF it sells we'l give getting to oz another go,hoping this year but might be next,cheers oz

Best of luck mate. It's always good to have something to look forward to. No doubt you'll keep us informed on your progress :smile:

PS, I'm still trying to work out who the Reds have drawn in the Europa League today. As far as I can make out it's a tractor factory in Armenia but I could be wrong!

Best of luck mate. It's always good to have something to look forward to. No doubt you'll keep us informed on your progress :smile:

PS, I'm still trying to work out who the Reds have drawn in the Europa League today. As far as I can make out it's a tractor factory in Armenia but I could be wrong!

Cheers oz,dont know about "looking forward to",pretty aprehensive tbh,but were all cynics in our fair city eh?

No rose tinted specs here mate,but we'l have to give it a go and see.

The reds are more likely to play Rabotnicki of macedonia they reckon,sure the lads are looking forward to that exotic trip eh!:rolleyes:

Guest Guest37175
Cheers oz,dont know about "looking forward to",pretty aprehensive tbh,but were all cynics in our fair city eh?

No rose tinted specs here mate,but we'l have to give it a go and see.

The reds are more likely to play Rabotnicki of macedonia they reckon,sure the lads are looking forward to that exotic trip eh!:rolleyes:

I'm sure you and your missus will have a great time in Oz given the chance. It didn't work for me, but that should never put anyone else off. It's a great country and they love Scousers. It's the sitting up till 2 a.m. to watch the footy which is the problem!

I'm sure you and your missus will have a great time in Oz given the chance. It didn't work for me, but that should never put anyone else off. It's a great country and they love Scousers. It's the sitting up till 2 a.m. to watch the footy which is the problem!

I know mate! watched chelsea get knocked out by barca last yr at 4 a.m.

Nah,i dont let others fortunes in oz put me off tbh,i read the pro AND con threads,but we wont honestly know untill we actually live there will we like it or not,its that simple realy.

Btw do they all think your from scotland on first hearing your accent? they did with us!:biglaugh:

Must use the 'bloke' tag a few more times, then...:laugh::laugh:

In the days when I bellied up to the dole office desk 95 out of 100 were blokes:tongue:

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest moonsurfer
Must use the 'bloke' tag a few more times, then...:laugh::laugh:

In the days when I bellied up to the dole office desk 95 out of 100 were blokes:tongue:

Cheers, Bobj.

Great stuff Bob - not having a go at you at all but just making a point that Aust is not a great place for a single professional woman of a certain age - better to warn people in advance!

BBC News - UK unemployment falls to 2.47 million

It's always good to see some positive news for those returning. Having read on here that unemployment is double what it is here which would in fact make it 10.4 % some realism was called for.

Look Chris ,i will try to cut out the bull**** ........in 2009 the uk fell off a cliff overnight .

Slowly but surely we are clawing our way back ........it will never be the same as it was ,in relation to public debt .......because the banks arent borrowing willy nilly anymore .

But borrowing is up 15 % in one month

The wheels are turning again

My nephew and his aussie wife have just left us , they loved it , London ,the countryside, the greenery .....as i have said ,they were shocked how cheap the uk was for clothes ,leisurewear and food .......but not fuel.

My daughter works in large national retail outlet and people are now paying in cash a lot more now.....they are having to .

She has 2 job interviews next week ....people are s,lowly starting to hire....

In relation to the building industry , i have my fears because the coalition have stopped works on all schools and public buildings

I LOVE THIS COUNTRY , FOR ALL ITS FAULTS - over crowded , crap weather , sometimes poor service .......BUT THE PLACE IS STILL GRITTY AND ALIVE

ps just watched the new series of Shooting Stars .......lots of tears ......very funny

Guest chloew
Look Chris ,i will try to cut out the bull**** ........in 2009 the uk fell off a cliff overnight .

Slowly but surely we are clawing our way back ........it will never be the same as it was ,in relation to public debt .......because the banks arent borrowing willy nilly anymore .

But borrowing is up 15 % in one month

The wheels are turning again

My nephew and his aussie wife have just left us , they loved it , London ,the countryside, the greenery .....as i have said ,they were shocked how cheap the uk was for clothes ,leisurewear and food .......but not fuel.

My daughter works in large national retail outlet and people are now paying in cash a lot more now.....they are having to .

She has 2 job interviews next week ....people are s,lowly starting to hire....

In relation to the building industry , i have my fears because the coalition have stopped works on all schools and public buildings

I LOVE THIS COUNTRY , FOR ALL ITS FAULTS - over crowded , crap weather , sometimes poor service .......BUT THE PLACE IS STILL GRITTY AND ALIVE

ps just watched the new series of Shooting Stars .......lots of tears ......very funny

Thanks for the info, and a new series of Shooting Stars........hope they'll be showing repeats when I get back!

Thanks for the info, and a new series of Shooting Stars........hope they'll be showing repeats when I get back!

In addition to my first post ......i was speaking to a mate of mine this morning .....a property solicitor ......he deals with all the legal stuff on big deals .......THINGS ARE DEFINITELY MOVING ......hes suddenly very busy .

These people are a good barometer ......and the wheels are definitely turning

Hopefully this country can now create some " real" jobs.

Instead of the top heavy public services .......where you often had more managers than nurses.....and offices full of publc sector staff ,shoving paper around :biglaugh:

Guest mirry

Hiya

The Eastern Europeans have been encouraged in there to keep wages down. The govt has planned it that way.

Mirry

Archived