Anyone arriving in Perth November?

Guest Jamiefrod

Guest Jamiefrod

We (me and my girlfriend) arrive in Perth on the 3 Nov, and will be living initially in Subiaco. Anyone else moving over around the same dates?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mandy1

Hi

My slf, hubby and 2 kids are hoping to arrive in Perth mid-November. We think that we will initally rent somewhere in Clarkson, Merriwa, Butler or Kinross.Not totally sure yet though. Nice to know someone else is going. I see you are from Derby, we are nearby to Leicester! Not even going to mention the footie!

Guest thepriceclan
We (me and my girlfriend) arrive in Perth on the 3 Nov, and will be living initially in Subiaco. Anyone else moving over around the same dates?

Hi, we go 1st October. We are staying in Joondalup for 3 weeks until we find a rental. Subiaco is very lively and nice. My OH used to work in a restaurant over there that his uncle used to own.

Sarah.

Guest SarahG

Hi, we are hoping to be over there early next year. My parents already live in Butler (very nice suburb!) so if anyone wants any help just let me know!!!

Sarah, Residential Care, 28

Paul, Dairy Farmer, 28

Emily, 3

Guest thepriceclan
Hi, we are hoping to be over there early next year. My parents already live in Butler (very nice suburb!) so if anyone wants any help just let me know!!!

Sarah, Residential Care, 28

Paul, Dairy Farmer, 28

Emily, 3

Hi Sarah, we have looked at Butler as an area to live at and wondered if it is very far from Perth city itself. Also do you know what the primary schools are like? Any info would be appreciated.

Sarah

Guest SarahG

Hi there,

I would say it is about 20- 25 minutes drive and Dad tells me that the train link will be being started soon which will make things even quicker. We have looked around Butler Primary and were very impressed- if you know the area it is the school next to the lake. Since we were there in November 2006 a new school- East Butler Primary- has opened. Dad said some of his neighours children go there and everyone seems very happy. There is also a private Catholic school but i don't know much about that. It is a really lovely area- what we loved was it's closeness to places like Hilarys and the city but within 5 minutes the other way you are in the country. Are you looking to buy or rent? Dads next door neighbour is a real estate agent so if you need any advice i am sure he could help.

Hope this helps

Guest wackyjacky

hi sarah we are going to perth 12th july and also like the sound of butler kinross etc although my friend is in canning vale and she will be letting us stay till we find furnished rental for 3 months then we intend to buy, do you know if the high school, if thats wot its called is any good cos we have freddie 13 abbie and charlie 7 so i think the high school would take priority over where we live. also hubby is a bricklayer and heard lots of work .

we are gonna try and rent when we get there so any estater agents in that area would help.

hope you dont mind me joining the chat !!! really nervous now and feeling sick cos it really is happing now!! OH MY GOD WOT AM I DOING??? EXCITED TOO THOUGH!!

Thanks for any advice pios

Guest SarahG

Not sure about the high schools - my little one is only 3!!! But i do know a few people in Kinross whose kids are that age so i will do some asking for you- watch this space!! Well done for getting your visa- if you can manage that then you've got nothing to worry about now- getting there will be the fun bit.

Guest mandy1

Hi Jacky & steve,

I certainly know how you feel. We are hoping to arrive there in November and its totally nerve wracking isn't it? I keep getting butterflies! As for schools it just seems that its another thing to think about. We visited Butler in Dec '05 and loved it but I think it may be a bit more expensive for houses. My hubbys a plumber and we've got 2 kids aged 8 & 12.

Great to hear that people know estate agents that may be able to help all us newbie migrants!

Guest wackyjacky

HI MANDY nice to meet you!! So thats a builder and a plumber now we need a electrician !!! butler sounds good doesnt it! just worried about the high school and how far away it is as freddie likes his idendance and cant see him wanting me to drive him to school!! we have lookedat houses on sites and butler are $450 and up for 4x2 which is a bit cheaper than some we have looked at , but you just dont know till you get there!

have you sorted your accomadation out for when you first arrive? i am getting worried that w might not find something and dont want to outstay welcome at friends!

i havent got butterrflies more like elephants doing somersaults in my belly! dont no wot to do next and when i do get time i cant get motivated to do it! so hubby home now and we are gonna dismantle ourbed and freds and sleep on mattress on floor !

if you wanna chat pm me cos i am always on here asking a question about something or jjust chatting cos it no one else wants to hear you go onabout oz all the time!! BYE BYE

oh the pm goes to all of you lovely Poms In OZ ! i am a friendly girl !!lol

Guest thepriceclan
Not sure about the high schools - my little one is only 3!!! But i do know a few people in Kinross whose kids are that age so i will do some asking for you- watch this space!! Well done for getting your visa- if you can manage that then you've got nothing to worry about now- getting there will be the fun bit.

Hi SarahG,

We are going to rent as we are keeping our house here. We have a 6 year old who will go into year 1 when we get there (he will repeat). Butler sounds really nice and I have seen some nice houses for rent on the net. Are there any places to avoid as I have seen a few negative remarks on places near there (not naming any places!).

Sarah.

Guest wackyjacky

g day to sarah mandy and price clan, been looking in my perth street map 2006 and butler dosent seem to have a senior?high school hard to say where the nearset school would be as never been there !! but going soon.....actually getting a tiny bit excited today!!!

do they have school buses out there any one know? gonna look on webbie re schools later .sarah gettin the visa seems like so long ago now and there is always something else to worry about A! nice to talk to someone who has been to prth especially that area.

Priceclan come on what areas have you heard to avoid!! need as much info as poss!!

Mandy hows the butterflies today??

Hi,

I think the high school in Butler is a private one Irene McCormack Catholic College, so you may have to travel a little for high schools in the area

We are hoping to have a PIO meet in November as this seemed the most popular date as it would give people time to settle.

Ali

Guest wackyjacky

thanks ali to the the rescue once again! think i will stop thinking for a while and deal with it all once there!

The meet sounds good to us will hopefully keep in contact once there, friend has computer sure she wont mind!!

Guest mandy1

Know how you feel! My head is constnatly spinning with trying to organise and reasearch everything. I think sometimes like you say its best to have a day off and forget about trying to get everything sorted!

Great to know that you have meets, it'd be great to get to know some people once we're out there.

Mandy x

Guest wackyjacky

your on mandy!! will see you and ali there!!now i am gonna turn this bloody computer off so that i dont keep coming on it MUST clear our bedroom and chuck bed out!! not the mattress though!! we are on the floor from now on !!!Bye for now!!

Hi Mandy - the meet will be our very first one for the WA branch of PIO - I think we should ask Tim and his missus to grace us with their presence, after all it was Tim that brought us all together so to speak.

Jacky, you'll have withdrawal symptoms within the hour.

Ali

Guest wackyjacky

ok big head you were right !!!!!! here i am again !! but i have thrown a cheast drawers out and done some brilliantTO DO Lists just checking you are still here thats all, pio is my bestset mate at the mo!!

Guest SarahG
Hi SarahG,

We are going to rent as we are keeping our house here. We have a 6 year old who will go into year 1 when we get there (he will repeat). Butler sounds really nice and I have seen some nice houses for rent on the net. Are there any places to avoid as I have seen a few negative remarks on places near there (not naming any places!).

Sarah.

Well not that I want to have whole suburbs out to get me once I arrive but Clarkson doesn't have the best feel to it!! I think the best thing is to get there, have a look round and try and get a feel for as many suburbs as possible so that you know what fits with your kids, your jobs,( a commute from Butler to Rockingham wouldn't be great for instance!!) your lifestyle e.t.c. Everyone worries but the nice thing is there are so many people around you who will have been through the same thing in the last few years so there is alweays someone to lend a shoulder or give some advice. Have you booked your flights? I read somewhere about an immigration office who will give you cheap one way flights if you have been granted your visa adn you get exra luggage capacity as well.

Guest thepriceclan
Well not that I want to have whole suburbs out to get me once I arrive but Clarkson doesn't have the best feel to it!! I think the best thing is to get there, have a look round and try and get a feel for as many suburbs as possible so that you know what fits with your kids, your jobs,( a commute from Butler to Rockingham wouldn't be great for instance!!) your lifestyle e.t.c. Everyone worries but the nice thing is there are so many people around you who will have been through the same thing in the last few years so there is alweays someone to lend a shoulder or give some advice. Have you booked your flights? I read somewhere about an immigration office who will give you cheap one way flights if you have been granted your visa adn you get exra luggage capacity as well.

Hi Sarah,

Yes we booked the flights a while ago and get 50kg luggage allowance each. That is the suburb I had heard about but as you say it depends on what you are used to living at here. I live next door to a supposedly rough council estate and just because it has a bad name it seems to stick. We have never had any problems here and I have lived here for 12 years.

The most thing I am concerned about is picking the right school for my son who is 6. It is the only thing that is worrying me about the move. A lot of the schools over there seem to be very large and he goes to a school with about 200 pupils. If I can get him happy and settled my OH will just have to travel further to work!

I have looked at the 2 schools in Butler and also looking into the 2 in Quinns Rocks as they seem smaller in size. I think I will wait to decide till I get there and see if I get a feel for the places. He doesnt need to rush to start school as he will be repeating the end of year 1 anyway.

Sarah.

Hi All

Just to say we hope to be in Perth around Nov time for a rekki... and visa validation...that is of course if the qatar embassy can pull it's finger out... i'm not bitter honest....

so it will be nice to finally see you all....

i'm looking at the subs of: joondalup, butler, ellenbrook, leeming, bull creek, secret harbour and open to ideas from anyone regards anywhere else... we hope to have a good look when we come ...

anyway... just thought i'd put my 2pennith in!!

min x:wubclub:

Guest wackyjacky

HI To Ali well i lasted 2 hours the other day and today its been 10 hours ( havnet been home all day and then at mates cos there are only two morefridays left to spend together!! every day there seems to be a reason to get to gether really !! Put on so much weight and iam not eating as much cos of all the stress!! oohh it could be the little vodkas we have !!

I ll be glad to get all packed and on that plane !this time two weeks we will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bit excited today!!!

Guest mandy1

Hi Jacky,

Nice to speak to you again! No we haven't sorted any accommodation or flights or anything yet! I am panicking about the accommodation side of things as our house isn't on the market yet, so I can't really book anything. Also I've been on some holiday-let sites and theya re pretty booked up for Nov/Dec so we could be in a tent on the beach! I am beginning to think that maybe we should just pick a date in November and book everything around that and hope that the house goes really quickly (its a 3 bed terrace, so it should sell okay)

I think I may have a nervous breakdown before we geet anywhere near Oz-lol

Mandy x

Archived