Anyone arriving in Perth November?

Guest Jamiefrod

Guest wackyjacky

hi mandy , well we will be looking for accomdation asap when we get there next weekAARRGHHH is it really thatclose to coming?? i will tryand borrow freinds comp when we frist arrive to let you know wots goin onrenatl wise ! kep calm and get that house on the market!! I have realized that to keep me cool i have to keep havin little breaks on pio and a little vodka and everything seems so much better!!dread to think wot i have chucked out and wot i have packed in case and wot to ship ! oh well it wil be a nice surprise when we get there !! ( No pants orsomething!!) Know i will pack dressing gowns though cos its chilly at mo in perth , bit like here. off to do somemore bye

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mandy1

Hi Jacky

I definately need the vodka too (or maybe a nice glass or bottle of red wine), you must have your head spinning at the moment. We're just painting the bedroom at the mo and trying to 'freshen things up' for the sale of the house. Funny how a bit of painting tends to turn into a major refurb!

It'd be fab if you could let me know about any rentals when you get over there. Hope you are managing to get things sorted for the move & I'm prety certain that they sell pants in Perth!!!

Mandy x

Guest wackyjacky

hi mandy well gonna get some morepacking done today moving to mother in laws saturady and complete on house sale monday and shipping in mondayso not long now , off to another leaving lunch at 1pm today so must crack on . yeh sure theysell pants and things there!! but when yuo have never been you never know wot to expect!!! i am terriable when gping on holiday have to have everything in case, but moving to the other side of the world and knowing i will eventually get all other bits from shipping has made it easier in a strange way . Keep painting all worth while in the end XX

Guest mandy1

Hi Jacky,

Your head must be spinning. Hope the packing is going okay. We're getting there with the house now we've painted all upstairs, and now we can start on the downstairs. I'm sure you'll get packed up okay. Hope you enjoy your lunch and that theres not too many tears!

Mandy x

• 1 year later...
HI MANDY nice to meet you!! So thats a builder and a plumber now we need a electrician !!! butler sounds good doesnt it! just worried about the high school and how far away it is as freddie likes his idendance and cant see him wanting me to drive him to school!! we have lookedat houses on sites and butler are $450 and up for 4x2 which is a bit cheaper than some we have looked at , but you just dont know till you get there!

have you sorted your accomadation out for when you first arrive? i am getting worried that w might not find something and dont want to outstay welcome at friends!

i havent got butterrflies more like elephants doing somersaults in my belly! dont no wot to do next and when i do get time i cant get motivated to do it! so hubby home now and we are gonna dismantle ourbed and freds and sleep on mattress on floor !

if you wanna chat pm me cos i am always on here asking a question about something or jjust chatting cos it no one else wants to hear you go onabout oz all the time!! BYE BYE

oh the pm goes to all of you lovely Poms In OZ ! i am a friendly girl !!lol

Hi Guys,

recently got the visa, we are heading out in late Nov and guess what? i am an elctrician. I have managed to get a job as a tutor in the TAFE college in balcatta but will always be looking for a little extra income. I am a qualified solar power installer aswell if you fancy using some of that fantastic sunshine for your power, then lets keep in touch.

good luck to all those in transit.

regards

Ivan the electrician

Guest julie2g1b

hiya

we are coming over 8th-22nd nov to validate our visa's were staying at

secret harbour just so wish is was for good not got any idea as waiting to

sell house just feel like :arghh: but will come and have a good look around and

try and chill .....................

good luck to all that are moving over i'm so jealous lol

julie :wubclub:

We (me and my girlfriend) arrive in Perth on the 3 Nov, and will be living initially in Subiaco. Anyone else moving over around the same dates?

Hi there, we are also arriving on the 3 Nov, but I suspect as you are up north we won't be on the same flight - we are flying out of Gatwick on Emirates.

Would love to meet up with everyone at a PIO Perth meet in November. We are fans of the PIO Essex Meet and have made some great friends here.

Best wishes to everbody leaving in the next few weeks - we know we have got a rocky ride yet, but hopefully in 12 months time we will look back and our only regret will be we didn't do it years ago. However like they say, better late than never. I don't want to get old and have any regrets about trying new things.

Karen, Mick and Lewis xxx :jiggy:

Guest sullivan_artex
Hi Sarah, we have looked at Butler as an area to live at and wondered if it is very far from Perth city itself. Also do you know what the primary schools are like? Any info would be appreciated.

Sarah

Butler is one the nicest suburbs in the north metro area i think. thats where my dad lived and was just abit down from there in clarkson.

i also know that the primary school in Butler is pretty good coz that is where my sister went when we first moved to the country and she was excepted straight away.

they have a nice shopping center just been built up there and they are extending Marmion Ave through to Yangchep so will be a good place to live for access and stuff.

and aslo you mentioned bout it being abit far from the city, its not to bad on the train its just 27mins from Clarkson traino on the train.

driving is abit longer but its not a bad drive at the right times of day.

if you would like to know anything would be happy to help.

james

Guest sullivan_artex
Hi Jacky & steve,

I certainly know how you feel. We are hoping to arrive there in November and its totally nerve wracking isn't it? I keep getting butterflies! As for schools it just seems that its another thing to think about. We visited Butler in Dec '05 and loved it but I think it may be a bit more expensive for houses. My hubbys a plumber and we've got 2 kids aged 8 & 12.

Great to hear that people know estate agents that may be able to help all us newbie migrants!

everyone feels the same when they are moving out there i did it 4 1/2 years ago and i know i felt the same way,

i dint go to school out there but my two brothers and my sister did and they got on fine out there, they actually did better then me coz they got to know people as soon as they started school.

As for the house prices in butler it has gone up quite abit in the last 4 years or so.

but theres a woman at Nexus realastate based by mcdonalds at the roundabout between mindarie and clarkson her name is Tracey and shes a person to speak to about the property market at this time.

ill txt her and tell her to sign up with this site to make it easier for you to contact her.

james

Guest sullivan_artex
thanks ali to the the rescue once again! think i will stop thinking for a while and deal with it all once there!

The meet sounds good to us will hopefully keep in contact once there, friend has computer sure she wont mind!!

irene mc cormac is your local high school but you also have Clarkson high and Mindaire high and out of all them i would suggest Mindaire a havent been my self but all my friends in that area went to Mindarie and they all seemed to love it.

and its not that far from Butler. you can get a bus most of the way to the school. the 483 from butler and get off on Hester ave by the roundabout at the end and walk straight over the roundabout heading for macdonalds and Mindarie high is just past macdonalds on your right hand side.

hope you have a good time out there and if i can help with anything please feel free to ask.

james

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chrissieanddan
We (me and my girlfriend) arrive in Perth on the 3 Nov, and will be living initially in Subiaco. Anyone else moving over around the same dates?

Hi Jamie Me & my hubby are moving out mid november unsure what part yet as need a rental that will take dogs. Should be around 18th/19th so not long now good luck with it

Chrissie & dan:unsure:

Guest chrissieanddan
Hi there, we are also arriving on the 3 Nov, but I suspect as you are up north we won't be on the same flight - we are flying out of Gatwick on Emirates.

Would love to meet up with everyone at a PIO Perth meet in November. We are fans of the PIO Essex Meet and have made some great friends here.

Best wishes to everbody leaving in the next few weeks - we know we have got a rocky ride yet, but hopefully in 12 months time we will look back and our only regret will be we didn't do it years ago. However like they say, better late than never. I don't want to get old and have any regrets about trying new things.

Karen, Mick and Lewis xxx :jiggy:

Hi Karen we are hoping to move out in november as well, I see that your pic is of 3 dogs probably a strange question but are they yours & if so are you taking them with as we have 3 & want to take them I know you need a permit for 3 per house it is stressing me slightly:wacko:, but I have emailed a couple of councils & they seem ok about giving you a permit providing you look after them etc..

Just wondered if you are taking them if you had same probs? I suppose next herdal is finding a rental that takes dogs, Having a nightmare!!

From chrissies & Dan

Glad to know there are others going around the same period. We are arriving on 10 Nov.

At the moment, we are getting quotes from the removal companies and trying to sell off our car. The credit crunch doesn't help.

Also cancelling subscriptions etc, and started saying goodbyes. Took some piccies with church friends last week.

We are atching "wanted down under" on BBC 2 every evening, to help reaffirm our decision

Our 26 mth old toddler must think we're mad - we keep telling her we're going to australia when "wanted down under" comes on- and she will obligingly tell us "aeroplane" - and she goes "boing boing boing" for the bunnies and kangaroos. yet nothing is happening so far... I don't think she knows what she is in for LOL. She will certainly miss her CBeebies!

we are so dependant on broadband. Hubby seems unable to find any short-term broadband deals in Perth (we will be in temp accom for 6 weeks then looking for longer term lettings). Is there any pay-as-you-go broadband available?

Hi Karen we are hoping to move out in november as well, I see that your pic is of 3 dogs probably a strange question but are they yours & if so are you taking them with as we have 3 & want to take them I know you need a permit for 3 per house it is stressing me slightly:wacko:, but I have emailed a couple of councils & they seem ok about giving you a permit providing you look after them etc..

Just wondered if you are taking them if you had same probs? I suppose next herdal is finding a rental that takes dogs, Having a nightmare!!

From chrissies & Dan

Hi Chrissies,

Not a strange question at all - but we have actually got 4 dogs - the one that is missing is a Border Collie. We are however only taking two because of the difficulties we have been lead to believe in getting a permit to have more than two. One of ours (in the picture) is almost 16 she will not be going. The other one at the back of the picture is Barney - he is nearly 6 and will be staying here with my 19 year old son who has decided not to come with us - if he changes his mind, we will have to revisit the whole dog thing, although Barney does actually belong to my boss (long story), I bred him and have had him here for 4 1/2 years, so he is really part of our family.

Good luck with the move - we are concerned like you at finding rental that will take the dogs - oh plus one cat !!!!

Have you got your animals booked into quarantine? They are currently booking for the mid/end of November.

Its all too stressful for me at the moment - we are off on holiday on Thursday for two weeks to Crete, I hope that I will be able to relax and take time away from my day job to be able to get my head around the whole thing ready for the move on the 2 Nov.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Karen & Mick

Hi there,

I would say it is about 20- 25 minutes drive and Dad tells me that the train link will be being started soon which will make things even quicker. We have looked around Butler Primary and were very impressed- if you know the area it is the school next to the lake. Since we were there in November 2006 a new school- East Butler Primary- has opened. Dad said some of his neighours children go there and everyone seems very happy. There is also a private Catholic school but i don't know much about that. It is a really lovely area- what we loved was it's closeness to places like Hilarys and the city but within 5 minutes the other way you are in the country. Are you looking to buy or rent? Dads next door neighbour is a real estate agent so if you need any advice i am sure he could help.

Hope this helps

I think you are a hoon if it takes you 25 minutes takes you 15 to get to the freeway, rail link finishes at Clarkson where we are till Saturday it will be afew years till the rail link is made esp as labour party have been hoofed out. Brighton and butler are nice but commuting is a bit steep oh works at Charlies i work at Canning vale. :arghh:

Depends what time you travel to work between 730 and 9 4 -6 the Michell is a not so freeway.

Mally

We are moving to Perth October 20th from Canada. Just looking into getting a short term rental at the moment and then looking to find something more long term. Have never been to Perth or Austalia before, so it should be interesting.

We are a family of four (two teenage girls), no animals (had to rehome them), looking forward to our big move.

Karen

Guest thedooners
HI MANDY nice to meet you!! So thats a builder and a plumber now we need a electrician !!! butler sounds good doesnt it! just worried about the high school and how far away it is as freddie likes his idendance and cant see him wanting me to drive him to school!! we have lookedat houses on sites and butler are $450 and up for 4x2 which is a bit cheaper than some we have looked at , but you just dont know till you get there!

have you sorted your accomadation out for when you first arrive? i am getting worried that w might not find something and dont want to outstay welcome at friends!

i havent got butterrflies more like elephants doing somersaults in my belly! dont no wot to do next and when i do get time i cant get motivated to do it! so hubby home now and we are gonna dismantle ourbed and freds and sleep on mattress on floor !

if you wanna chat pm me cos i am always on here asking a question about something or jjust chatting cos it no one else wants to hear you go onabout oz all the time!! BYE BYE

oh the pm goes to all of you lovely Poms In OZ ! i am a friendly girl !!lol

Hi 'm an electrician and I'm hoping to be in ashby perth around the 10th of nov.

good luck everybody with there moves

the dooners

Guest Ian Laverick

Hi all .. I will be flying out from Newcastle on 27th Oct with emirates.

We being me, the missus, amy (6), katie (4), adam (2) & rachel (8 months).

Bet youre glad you are not on our flight. Ear muffs anybody ?

Ian

Guest bigjake67

HI All

We fly from Manchester 3rd November to Perth. We sold the house, got container organised - all we need to do is sell our car. We staying with relations in Ballajura. No kids, no pets - and cannot wait. No jobs - but will get them asap when we arrive - buy a car and look for private rental. Then purchase.

Have to say getting very emotional though!!! And I know it will get worse - but as OH keeps saying, we now have telephone, emails and webcams to keep in touch with BRILL friends and family.

Cannot wait - just want to get there.

Good luck to all that travelling soon towards GREAT weather, leaving winter behind and going into a great summer.

Guest chrissieanddan

Hi Karen

Yes they are booked in quarantine, the dogs fly out on the 17th nov we havent booked our flight yet but are hoping to go around the 18th/19th.

I just dont think I could leave one of them, plus I dont really have anyone here I would trust enough to look after one of them. My hubby has an uncle in perth & he said that there are loads of rentals at the moment because of the housing market & that so am hoping they may be a bit more desperate & consider us.

Your right it is so stressful, we sold all our big potted plants yesterday it now looks so bare in the garden & the realisation has hit home that we are going very soon! I know this time next year we will probably look back & think why did we worry, but at the moment I am one stressed lady ha ha.

Hope you have a great holiday take care chrissie x x

There's a chance we'll be arriving in November, when we got job offers in June that was when we planned to go but no sign of visas or employment contracts yet. Trying to stay positive, there is no reason to think it won't come through & we still hope to be there before Christmas

Hi all

Just booked a validation trip to Perth leaving on the 12th November. We're staying in Mullaloo - no idea what it's like! Just booked a rental throught he poms in oz rentals link and looks nice enough!

Thought I'd hop into this thread and say hello - as there's a few going out November.

Good luck to all making the big move then xx

Guest sweetpea0701

Hi There Jamie

My hubby & I arrive in Perth on the 12th November.

We will be staying in Claremont for 2 weeks and a couple of days, and during that time will be looking for a rental in Southern Suberbs.

If you fancy meeting up for a drink, send me a PM

Hope your plans are going well

Cheers

Sweetpea

Guest sweetpea0701
HI All

We fly from Manchester 3rd November to Perth. We sold the house, got container organised - all we need to do is sell our car. We staying with relations in Ballajura. No kids, no pets - and cannot wait. No jobs - but will get them asap when we arrive - buy a car and look for private rental. Then purchase.

Have to say getting very emotional though!!! And I know it will get worse - but as OH keeps saying, we now have telephone, emails and webcams to keep in touch with BRILL friends and family.

Cannot wait - just want to get there.

Good luck to all that travelling soon towards GREAT weather, leaving winter behind and going into a great summer.

Hi There,

We leave Manchester on 11th Nov, heading towards Perth.

We to have no kids (that we're taking) as he is nearly 20 and staying here, no animals....just the 2 of us.

I am currently trying to sell our 2 cars & bike :arghh:

We have a rental lined up in Claremont for 2 weeks, then need to find something long term.

I too am emotional...so much to do and so little time

Hubby has a job, I will have to find one.

If you fancy meeting up , send me a PM and we'll arrange something ..

Hope all goes well

Rgds

Sweetpea

There's a chance we'll be arriving in November, when we got job offers in June that was when we planned to go but no sign of visas or employment contracts yet. Trying to stay positive, there is no reason to think it won't come through & we still hope to be there before Christmas

Our chances of arriving in November have just improved, our contracts of employment arrived yesterday and our 457 visa application has been lodged! Fingers crossed for a November meet in Perth :spinny:

Archived