Anyone arriving in Perth November?

Guest Jamiefrod

Guest chrissieanddan
Hi There,

We leave Manchester on 11th Nov, heading towards Perth.

We to have no kids (that we're taking) as he is nearly 20 and staying here, no animals....just the 2 of us.

I am currently trying to sell our 2 cars & bike :arghh:

We have a rental lined up in Claremont for 2 weeks, then need to find something long term.

I too am emotional...so much to do and so little time

Hubby has a job, I will have to find one.

If you fancy meeting up , send me a PM and we'll arrange something ..

Hope all goes well

Rgds

Sweetpea

Hi All

We are just waiting for a remortgage offer then hopefully we will be leaving here around the 18th of nov, the dogs fly out on the 17th :wacko: am worried about them.

Once we get our mortgage we are gonna rent our house & come over, Hubby has a job if he wants it, but we have got a skilled visa so just need to come out & get jobs & somewhere to live.

I am nervous about it, as I am leaving all my friends, would be great to meet other people in the same situation.

Good luck to all coming out, we should all be having a very hot christmas x x

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest prettyinpink

Hi, We've been here 2 weeks and just obtained our own rental in a place called Leeming. I have a primary age child and a secondary aged child and had looked initially into Willetton. Willetton Senior and Rosmoyne Senior are the 2 top state schools in WA but we found rentals very hard to come by, so we switched to Leeming. It's a lovely suburb and the schools are very good, both primary and senior. We drove into the city on Friday at 08.45 (rush hour) and it took us 20 mins and that included looking for a parking space. It's not like the UK at all and it's so easy to get around, it takes no time at all. Feel free to PM me if you want any further info, but trust me, you'll love it out here.

Guest jogrant3232
Hi, we go 1st October. We are staying in Joondalup for 3 weeks until we find a rental. Subiaco is very lively and nice. My OH used to work in a restaurant over there that his uncle used to own.

Sarah.

Count down for you guys now.Wow

We leave on the 20th October and hoping to stay around Mandurah.

Hi guys,

I am arriving in Perth during the first week of November, staying south of the river for a few weeks before I find a rental place and a job !

I am travelling alone and I am a little older than you guys (50) but I am looking for fun, having a party time and some sun ! I am arriving following a short holiday in Thailand.

If you or any "single" people want to meet up for a chat and a few glasses of wine in the second or third week of November lets get in touch. Cannot wait for the trip and the challenges that lie ahead for a new life in the "best hemisphere".

Spike from Bristol/Bath

Archived