What I will miss about Australia II

Guest guest36187

Guest guest36187

I will miss many things about this country.

-The rainforests in FNQ.

-The wildlife we get in our garden and can see around the area.

-The weather sometimes, not the heat of the summer but probably 6 months of the year I love.

-Dim Sims

-Our friends

-Our pool, even if it doesn't get used that much.

-Cheap petrol

I have restarted this thread on request of OP. If posters could please refrain from posting `un-necesasry` comments I would be very grateful as would Chris955.

Guest chris955

Thanks Joanne, it is a serious thread. I will miss many things about this country as it has been my home for many years.

Guest famousfive

I will miss....

Waking up to hear the 'still exotic sounding' birds

Having a tan,in all my years this is the first time i've ever been anything other than various shades of white

Putting the laundry out knowing it will get dry today

The beautiful fig tree and avocado tree we have in the garden

Dipping my toes in the water knowing I won't scream inside because it's freezing

The gorgeous little kid next door who is like a fourth daughter to us

Hearing our 8yr olds weird and wacky irish/australian accent because she will lose it quickly no doubt

My OHs father as he is very old and frail and we will probably not see him again,he welcomed me as his daughter and i'm glad we made the journey here so my daughters could get to know such a gentleman

And in a strange and twisted way I will miss telling people that "No I don't feel more at home when it's teeming rain,i'm just soggy and miserable like everyone else" LOL

Guest chloew
I have restarted this thread on request of OP. If posters could please refrain from posting `un-necesasry` comments I would be very grateful as would Chris955.

Wineries

Steaks and prawns

The blue sky - most of the time

Guest chris955

That post sums up exactly why certain countries don't necessarily suit everyone. I love wine but don't really care where it comes from, don't eat prawns and the best steak I ever had was in the Cross Guns pub near Bradford on Avon. I will miss the blue sky that's for sure.

Wineries

Steaks and prawns

The blue sky - most of the time

Guest chris955

It's a long story but came here in 1962, went back first time when I was exactly my boys age and then backwards and forwards a few times. Not ping ponging just moving because we could :biggrin:

It will be a huge thing but with us all being behind it I have no major concerns.

How long have you been here Chris? Must be a huge thing for you going back....

Guest chloew
That post sums up exactly why certain countries don't necessarily suit everyone. I love wine but don't really care where it comes from, don't eat prawns and the best steak I ever had was in the Cross Guns pub near Bradford on Avon. I will miss the blue sky that's for sure.

I look forward to trying out a steak at the Cross Guns near Bradford on Avon...........next summer!

Guest chloew

Just found the website, made myself seriously hungry and itching for a pint in the beer garden!

Another thing I will miss is the Queen Vic Market - love that place.

Guest chris955

I will have to check out the website, the beer garden is beautiful, it overlooks the canal and you can watch the lucky people on their canal boats meandering their way along from one pub to another :laugh:

Just found the website, made myself seriously hungry and itching for a pint in the beer garden!

Another thing I will miss is the Queen Vic Market - love that place.

Guest chloew
The Cross Guns at Avoncliff

It is a wonderful pub, it was never the cheapest pub around but as with everything you get what you pay for. Can't wait. :biggrin:

I actually thought the prices looked quite reasonable considering the views and location.....

Guest chris955

Oh yes certainly not expensive especially when you actually get the meal and as you say when you look at the views and the location it is a small price to pay.

Guest chris955

Yes unfortunately the original was ruined pretty quickly but Joanne did a great job and got it back up and running.

Thanks, I agree the heart at times has to rule the head.

Glad the thread was restarted, good luck Chris with your plans. Home really is where the heart is. All the best to your family.

Oh yes certainly not expensive especially when you actually get the meal and as you say when you look at the views and the location it is a small price to pay.

You need to report your own post chris for going off topic :policeman: is this thread what we miss about Australia or the UK? :wink:

Archived