Are there others like us who are stuck in uk

hogan

Guest JK2510

Hi all,

Were the total opposite to you lot on this thread!! We sold our house last week!! We have no visa yet but they offered very close to asking price we couldnt say no!! I know the houseprices are dropping! Our agent said like a stone!!!

Guest sioux
Seems rather a lot of money to get the visa?. ours cost about £3000 from memory

Contributory Parent visa basically have to buy your way in if you are past the working visa age. xx

Hi, getting really peed off and bored now, we got our visa in feb after lots of knock backs and lots of months/ years of sorting migration out, and now we can go we cant sell our house, is there lots like us or are we just not meant to go!! we have sooo missed the boat financially and just cant sell our house for nothing because we need the money to buy in oz, where the houses are not that cheap, life has just so been on hold for so long, is there anyone else in same situation

victoria x:arghh:

why don't you rent it out, there seems to be a huge demand for rentals.

I really do understand how awful it is playing the waiting game .....your life is completely on hold, which seems really strange after being full on with all the Visa gumphf!

Last week I was in the depths of despair - questioning how long I could do this with viewers (& MANY time wasters) traipsing through our home and the abnormal lifestyle the kids had living in 'showhome' conditions!!! THIS week the long awaiting offer -(and hopefully and smooth sale) - so things change really quickly - its just a case of getting that right person in, which is the easier said than done!:arghh:

Wishing you ALL loads of luck and best wishes that soon 'the right person' will come knocking - Hang on in there!!

Guest cazbeckham

Sioux

Hi there

You say you validated your visa 4 years ago but selling property in UK was good then so why has it taken you so long to sell and get out here for good.

What visa do you have that cost that amount of money - even our contributory parent visa cost nothing like that!

Caz

Guest cazbeckham

Sioux

Contributory parent visa would not cost that amount of money, ours was around £30,000

Guest cazbeckham

Sorry SIoux again

If it was the contributory parent visa then it would not run outin 4 years!!!!!

We understand completly

Our visa were granted July 09, had them a year now! visas validated May 10.

house on market Sept 08 - when we applied for visa

Offer on house May 10 (day b4 setting off for validation)

July 14th job offer in Mornington - wohoo everything going to plan

July 15th HOUSE SALE FALLEN THROUGH - despair doesnt even come close to what we are feeling

House now back on the market - £30k less than when first went on

We are serioursly questioning whether oz is meant to be for us, everything has seemed against us every step of the way, its really really hard to keep fighting for what you want

claire x

Hi I dont think you will have to worry regarding house prices, I heard on the news the house prices will more likely decline in 2011 then increase, wish that was the case for Melbourne, any decent house now you are looking at prices heading upto half a million dollars that equates to about 300 thousand pounds plus if you include the stamp duty.

Yeah, know what you mean. Within 6 months of arriving here the exchange rate went from 2 down to 1.7. meanwhile property rose in MEL by +16%. If I was a 'business' I would have gone bust with those figures.

After paying £89000 our visa has almost run out...we validated 4 years ago...if we don't sell by the end of the year we have lost everything..all our life savings and worst OUR DREAM. We won't have enough for a house over in Oz but we will (should) have enough equity to last till we get sorted out with work etc., We have paid for extra ads in the local and county papers, got friends putting ads on their notice boards, right move and local agents. Guys what have we not done...any offers? (of advice that is er well for the house too if you want lol) good luck to everyone. x x x

What did you have to pay 89,000 for? Sorry if I sound silly, just don't understand what has cost that much?

Like a lot of you we are still here but now in the early stages of planning for our move next September. We were all set to go out two years ago , flights were booked, I'd left my job then the credit crunch hit. We ended up still going over to validate but OH had to come back after a week to try to rescue his business but thanks to RBS and Gordo that wasn't to be. We than had a pretty crappy ten months whilst we tried to revcover financially and secure new jobs. Things are looking more positive now and I can feel things moving forward again. So hang in there guys, life is full of ups and downs but we can try to be little aussie battlers!

Guest neil smith

Hi,

We were exactly the same, after the years of decisions and the long testing process of getting our visas, we finally got our PR visas in November 2007. we left it until after christmas to put the house on the market just as the UK housing market hit it's lowest, we were all set to go apart form house sale, as with you we needed the cash to come over. Long story short, it still hadn't sold in 12 months, so we decided to have our first child in the UK and hope the housing market would pick up by the time he was one!!!

As you know it didn't and hasn't, so we bit the bullet and after so many years and so many set backs we decided to book our flights, put the house up for rent and rent ourselves in Aus.... and here we are, been here 4 weeks, got a lovely apartment, just found out i've got my dream job, my 17 month old son running around loving Aus and all it has to offer and the stress of the last few years has lifted .

Keep focused on it, if it is something you really want keep on going for it, you have come too far not to, we wanted to throw the towel in so many times as each stage was just like hitting a brick wall but we knew we would always regret it.

Good luck

Neil, Katie and Max

Archived