Are there others like us who are stuck in uk

hogan

Hi, getting really peed off and bored now, we got our visa in feb after lots of knock backs and lots of months/ years of sorting migration out, and now we can go we cant sell our house, is there lots like us or are we just not meant to go!! we have sooo missed the boat financially and just cant sell our house for nothing because we need the money to buy in oz, where the houses are not that cheap, life has just so been on hold for so long, is there anyone else in same situation

victoria x:arghh:

Hi, getting really peed off and bored now, we got our visa in feb after lots of knock backs and lots of months/ years of sorting migration out, and now we can go we cant sell our house, is there lots like us or are we just not meant to go!! we have sooo missed the boat financially and just cant sell our house for nothing because we need the money to buy in oz, where the houses are not that cheap, life has just so been on hold for so long, is there anyone else in same situation

Loads i would think victoria,had ours since june 08,applied when the exchange rate was about 2.7 i think?(07),so like others ive lost out there.

We couldnt sell so took it off till things picked up,then a long illness and death in the family meant we couldnt go anyway,just about to put it up for sale again:rolleyes:,but if it does'nt sell or (god forbid) theres another disaster with family etc then i/we are going to have to seriously consider if its "meant to be".

Anyway,all the best:wink:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi Victoria

i think there are a lot of people and families who are in similar positions and we are one of them.

Our situation is that we are currently about $150,000 down on when we first started the migration process and its alright people saying that we never had that money, but..............we all make plans on a rough estimate finance wise.

We haven't even put our house up for sale, nothings selling at present and i couldn't accept a huge loss on what its worth, so we are treading water waiting to see what happens next. We both have jobs to go to, but mine could be anytime up to, or in the new year so theres no rush.

I can't offer you any help, other than to don't give up you never know whats around the corner and don't let it get you down. Have you validated your visas yet? If not book a visit before february next year and at least you will have until feb 2015 to emigrate, which is a long time and who knows things might pick up in the uk and Australia might hit a sticky patch and - HEY PRESTO, it might be on again.

Best of luck and chin up.

jim

hi we went over in may to validate, its just that the kids are getting older, eldest just turned 12 so i dont really now at what age he would kick his heels in and not want to go

Thats us too - son just finishing first year secondary school, already got females texting and Facebook galore:eek: - convinced another 12 months we will have absolute Mutiny on our hands BUT house not budging!!

So yep, guys I am another 'one' of us! - I am an optimist (sure need to be) and believe that one day, we will be outta here !:err:- Chins up, and lets show that stiff upper lip that Brits are renowned for :laugh:!

Guest sioux

After paying £89000 our visa has almost run out...we validated 4 years ago...if we don't sell by the end of the year we have lost everything..all our life savings and worst OUR DREAM. We won't have enough for a house over in Oz but we will (should) have enough equity to last till we get sorted out with work etc., We have paid for extra ads in the local and county papers, got friends putting ads on their notice boards, right move and local agents. Guys what have we not done...any offers? (of advice that is er well for the house too if you want lol) good luck to everyone. x x x

After paying £89000 our visa has almost run out...we validated 4 years ago...if we don't sell by the end of the year we have lost everything..all our life savings and worst OUR DREAM. We won't have enough for a house over in Oz but we will (should) have enough equity to last till we get sorted out with work etc., We have paid for extra ads in the local and county papers, got friends putting ads on their notice boards, right move and local agents. Guys what have we not done...any offers? (of advice that is er well for the house too if you want lol) good luck to everyone. x x x

My heart goes out to you!! It is such a nightmare ! - you spend so much time worry about the Visa, not expecting the house sale to be worse tenfold!!:arghh:

Hope that one day soon you get that 'elusive' buyer and Good Luck to everyone!

We validated Christmas 09 & I am glad not going over straight away in 18 months time when we will be leaving there will be higher house prices in uk , more money as a better exchange rate plus oz bubble will have burst.

Guest Count Zero
in 18 months time when we will be leaving there will be higher house prices in uk , more money as a better exchange rate plus oz bubble will have burst.

I hope that youre not a financial advisor!:laugh::laugh:

oh ok, maybe there are alot worse cases then mine, its just nice to knoiw we are not the only ones, it feels like its just us when you dont get to speak to anyone in the same situation,

i would love to rent my house but we cant because we need the money from the house to help us. wish i could of just rented it and gone,

wish there were local groups in your area where you can meet up and talk about things because in your day to day life its very solitary

Guest kimmie

Hi Victoria, I very much feel for you as I have a friend in the same position,her husband came and stayed with us over 2 yrs ago now to validate they're visa and up until last christmas hadn't sold the're home, I haven't heard from them in a while so I'm assuming they perhaps have given up, its very sad. I have read lots of similar stories on here having just joined today (have been here for almost 4 yrs, NZ before for 2.5) we didnt own a house when we emigrated, infact we flew to NZ on a holiday visa with return flights booked to return to the UK, my hubby got a job and a sponsored work visa within 3 weeks and from there we worked for residency, took 9 mths and it was scary for lots of reasons. The move to Aus wasn't planned, my husband was poached by the South Australian sister coy and moved here alone to begin with, it was a temp visa and we never originally considered it as a permanent move, however they then sponsored him on a 457 and he is now a citizen (i get mine in Dec). So I suppose I'm trying to say, every situation is different all of them frustrating and for some very scary (like the risk we took) but keep at it, if its what you want and dream for, just keep dreaming big:biggrin:

You've probably already considered this, but could you rent out your house? Do you have jobs and in what state? Could you perhaps rent here until your house is sold (obviously that would only be a possible solution if you have employment here as you step off the plane)

I wish you lots of luck and hope that soon this is resolved for you and your family.

Kim

Guest TA01085

Seems rather a lot of money to get the visa?. ours cost about £3000 from memory

Guest TA01085
We validated Christmas 09 & I am glad not going over straight away in 18 months time when we will be leaving there will be higher house prices in uk , more money as a better exchange rate plus oz bubble will have burst.

not sure where you get your info from but I caanot see the financial situation changing in the next 12 to 18 months. Oz would have to run out of mining resources for the bubble to burst and that's not going to happen for a very long time.

Guest chris955

I'm not sure the resources boom has much to do with house prices here in Brisbane or Sydney or just about anywhere there isn't any mining. I am hoping it doesn't burst for at least another 9 or 10 months but that is for selfish reasons. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Not wanting to tempt Fate BUT could our journey finally be beginning ?*?:eek:

We accepted on offer on our house yesterday !!! I know we shouldn't get too excited yet until things are finalised more........but I am hoping to leave limbo land behind!

Good luck to everyone waiting - I know it is hard to believe it will happen, but it only takes the right person to walk over your doorstep - All the best !

Well you get nothing for your pounds anyway at the moment, do you really want to come out now?? and it's not as if it's cheaper here ( not in the city anyway) to make it worth while losing 10's of thousands. Hopefully I will get back while house prices in the UK are reasonable. Knowing my luck I will head back as things start to boom there and the exchange rate rises here. That would sum up my joke of a move over here.

Guest shawgorbys
oh ok, maybe there are alot worse cases then mine, its just nice to knoiw we are not the only ones, it feels like its just us when you dont get to speak to anyone in the same situation,

i would love to rent my house but we cant because we need the money from the house to help us. wish i could of just rented it and gone,

wish there were local groups in your area where you can meet up and talk about things because in your day to day life its very solitary

HI Hogan we know how you feel and its hard to talk to your mates and family its allmost as if they dont understand we have been in limbo now for 2yrs everything we did for the visas has expired so no visas cant really go all that way without selling the house coz like we say you need at least £10k just for you flights and shipping Then you need your bond and rent up front so your not on your own mate we went to a meet upi a few months ago were everyone is in the same boat and that was good to talk so take care chin up and lets all hope somet happens soon Andrea,gary,Jack,Tom,:hug:

Well you get nothing for your pounds anyway at the moment, do you really want to come out now?? and it's not as if it's cheaper here ( not in the city anyway) to make it worth while losing 10's of thousands. Hopefully I will get back while house prices in the UK are reasonable. Knowing my luck I will head back as things start to boom there and the exchange rate rises here. That would sum up my joke of a move over here.

Hi I dont think you will have to worry regarding house prices, I heard on the news the house prices will more likely decline in 2011 then increase, wish that was the case for Melbourne, any decent house now you are looking at prices heading upto half a million dollars that equates to about 300 thousand pounds plus if you include the stamp duty.

Guest ness71

Hi Victoria

Yes like many others on here we are in the same boat.

We got our Visas Jan 08. We had a 4 bed detached that wouldnt sell and ended up selling it on a part ex for a small terraced. This has been up for sale since March but no movement but we have decided to bite the bullet and are flying to oz this sept and will leave it empty til it sells.

We have a viewing this saturday but guess what, after the bad storms we had at the weekend the roof is leaking!!!!! hoping the roofer can fix it today to give the loft room time to dry out before viewing.

I am very stressed!

I am sure you will get there eventually, dont give up on your dream.

Ness

x

Guest michixxx

Us too, we validated last year and put our house on the market September, its at a good price but we've only had 3 viewings, 1 of which turned out to be a nosy neighbour, 1 was not in a position to buy (no mortgage offer~) and 1 hadn't even put theirs on the market yet, I told agent to stop sending timewasters and haven't had a viewing in 4months! Our life is totally "on hold" .

Guest MICHAEL POOLE

yes us too same boat validated visa dec visa cost 10 grand plus 10 grand spent when we validated just dropt house price for the last time now ,we have not been short of viewings we even had paul gasgone viewing ours now the blokes in rehab two years life on hold, i am starting to get sick now, all the visa hard work feels like nothing to this, and they keep saying we have a housing shortage, were, that what i want to no.

Hi EVERYONE

Those who are waiting to sell and need money to support the day to day living in oz whilst gettig a jobs.....have you throught of release any equity out of your houses to take with you and then rent the uk property out...if you have enough equity to do this it may help.

the only down side is...you may get an offer on your house once you have done this and end up paying early redemtion penalties....

But i feel this is worth it for your dream....ohhh and yes i am a mortgage adviser.

I get a teensy bit miffed when so many of you blokes are busting a gut and spending thousands to get to this magnificent land and cannot while there are whingers here who have nothing good to say about Australia.

I hope you all get your dreams fulfilled.

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived