NSW State Migration Plan

George Lombard

Hi Koko, See the link below to an explanation of how to determine the low risk countries. Brazil is not classed as low risk so it is therefore high risk.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/50368-high-risk-vs-low-risk-countries-3.html#post451889

There is much speculation about whether low risk applicants get COs quicker and whether it takes less time to visa grant. There are HR applicants who have been subject to additional security checks but it doesn't seem to be all HR applicants from all countries, and many HR applicants get processed as quick as LR applicants from the same date. The only thing I can suggest from observing the Cat 2 and Cat 3 threads is that SOME HR applicants experience delays for extra checks. All the best.

Thank you, friend. I understand you are from Lagos. I'm from Abuja. Can I have your email and phone so we can keep in touch? I did my application in 2009. I hope to be moved to cat 2 soon, God willing. cheers!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AustrAnglian
Thank you, friend. I understand you are from Lagos. I'm from Abuja. Can I have your email and phone so we can keep in touch? I did my application in 2009. I hope to be moved to cat 2 soon, God willing. cheers!

Hi Koko, to be honest I'm more comfortable keeping communications within PIO - I hope you understand. Send me a PM if there's anything you think I can help with. I think 2009 applicants in Cat 3 will all be getting COs soon, even without NSW SMP. I am only 2010 so need to wait my turn.

Guest AustrAnglian

Hi, I communicated with my agent this morning and he's sounding less optimistic about an imminent release for the NSW SMP. The Minister is showing no sign that he's approved the SMP and campaigning is already underway for the NSW State Elections on 26 March. We could already be in another "caretaker" period that caused the last SMP delays in the 2nd half of 2010 with the federal elections - see link below.

New South Wales state election, 2011 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If there's a change of government it may then take more time for the new incumbents to complete their own review of SMP occupations and quotas. Possibly a continued delay for NSW SS holders, but good news for 2009 Cat 3 applicants. All the best.

Guest lobsters
Hi, I communicated with my agent this morning and he's sounding less optimistic about an imminent release for the NSW SMP. The Minister is showing no sign that he's approved the SMP and campaigning is already underway for the NSW State Elections on 26 March. We could already be in another "caretaker" period that caused the last SMP delays in the 2nd half of 2010 with the federal elections - see link below.

If there's a change of government it may then take more time for the new incumbents to complete their own review of SMP occupations and quotas. Possibly a continued delay for NSW SS holders, but good news for 2009 Cat 3 applicants. All the best.

I am slowly but surely losing my faith in the NSW government. Just when I thought nothing can be worse than the DIAC.....

Now, does NSW want skilled migrants... or don't they??? :realmad:

Austrangliaaaaaan! Lobsterrrrrrrs!

I don´t want the SMP to come out....:wideeyed:

Because I am gonna miss you guys! :biglaugh:

Guest Bob2008
I am slowly but surely losing my faith in the NSW government. Just when I thought nothing can be worse than the DIAC.....

Now, does NSW want skilled migrants... or don't they??? :realmad:

It seems they already have plenty. They need some, but not really in a hurry. So maybe it's not the fastest route. Still I believe it'll be allright for the most of folks

Guest lobsters

:twitcy::laugh:

Guest AustrAnglian

Carolina, I think there's a good chance you have already been allocated to a CO along with the other Jun-09 applicants and they are doing all the usual admin with your file before they contact you.

I think you DO want the NSW SMP to come out otherwise you are going to leave us behind when you get your CO and visa! - and yes, hopefully a 175 for you because NSW has not helped your priority.

Carolina, I think there's a good chance you have already been allocated to a CO along with the other Jun-09 applicants and they are doing all the usual admin with your file before they contact you.

I think you DO want the NSW SMP to come out otherwise you are going to leave us behind when you get your CO and visa! - and yes, hopefully a 175 for you because NSW has not helped your priority.

Oh, I love talking to you....you are so optimistic! :wubclub:

But like you said before, they are dealing first with the LR countries...I applied using my German passport, but I guess it makes no difference....so I am not that optimistic about my case.....:cry:

If I leave you behind, I promise a barbecue when you get to Oz.....and also a nice "caipirinha"....

Guest AustrAnglian
Oh, I love talking to you....you are so optimistic! :wubclub:

But like you said before, they are dealing first with the LR countries...I applied using my German passport, but I guess it makes no difference....so I am not that optimistic about my case.....:cry:

If I leave you behind, I promise a barbecue when you get to Oz.....and also a nice "caipirinha"....

One area that confuses me with the LR/HR business is technically anyone with an EU passport is LR, but in the recent announcement DIAC released about front-loading meds and PCCs it suggests that anyone who has spent more than 12 months in a HR country will also be HR, so using that definition I may be HR. No use worrying about it I guess - I've already lodged Form 80 so they can check what they want.

BBQ and caipirinha sound really nice. If they give you a 175 will you still go to NSW or will it depend on work opportunities?

One area that confuses me with the LR/HR business is technically anyone with an EU passport is LR, but in the recent announcement DIAC released about front-loading meds and PCCs it suggests that anyone who has spent more than 12 months in a HR country will also be HR, so using that definition I may be HR. No use worrying about it I guess - I've already lodged Form 80 so they can check what they want.

BBQ and caipirinha sound really nice. If they give you a 175 will you still go to NSW or will it depend on work opportunities?

Yes, exactly. I asked this question a long time ago here, when Gollywobbler was still a moderator....and nobody knew for sure if they took into consideration the country where we lived, the country where we were born, or the passport.....

So, I thought I wouldn´t loose anything by using my German passport....

And when I saw the news about frontloading, I got worried about what they said about HR countries.....:arghh:

We will have our barbecue wherever you want. :wubclub:

My first option was always Brisbane....but I guess I will look for jobs first, don´t know yet...was preparing myself for Sidney....and now I don´t know again...

Hey, applied as a vocational teacher [non trades] on a regional sponsor visa 475 on the 21-9-2009 to the murrey region.Just want to know if things are going to work out for me or have to wait for enternity.someone please help me out in this.Things are just getting worse.

Guest AustrAnglian
Hey, applied as a vocational teacher [non trades] on a regional sponsor visa 475 on the 21-9-2009 to the murrey region.Just want to know if things are going to work out for me or have to wait for enternity.someone please help me out in this.Things are just getting worse.

Wensmal, if your occupation is on the list in the link below with an x in the Murray column then I think you may be Cat 2. I'm no agent so you may want to seek professional advice to confirm this. All the best.

https://www.business.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/5760/SIR-Skills-in-Demand-Summary-Table-March-2011.pdf

Archived