50th Birthday in Melbourne

Tomdickanarry

Hi all

We've now had our Visas granted and we are moving to Melbourne in mid-August (exact date to be confirmed) but I wanted to take my husband out for a wonderful belated 50th birthday meal in the city of Melbourne.

Can anyone recommend something quite nice, upscale but not stuffed shirt? A bottle of red or champers and a steak sounds terrific.

Thanks much!

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Hi all

We've now had our Visas granted and we are moving to Melbourne in mid-August (exact date to be confirmed) but I wanted to take my husband out for a wonderful belated 50th birthday meal in the city of Melbourne.

Can anyone recommend something quite nice, upscale but not stuffed shirt? A bottle of red or champers and a steak sounds terrific.

Thanks much!

Hi and sorry i can't help, but...............

we validated our 175 PR visas in March and i celebrated my 50th birthday at surfers paradise on the Gold Coast, now that is something i will remeber for ever, FANTASTIC being with my family swimming in our heated pool and having a drink in the jacuzzi, had a meal out at a brilliant restaurant overlooking the beach and sea in one of the most iconic holiday resorts in the world. AWESOME.

Jim :biggrin::wink:

There are so many good restaurants here, for a city outing try Southbank on the river, plenty there go for a walk down there and have a look (walk along from Flinders Street Station). Or for a lovely drive down to the Mornington Peninsula, try one of the lovely wineries down there. I had a special birthday at one in particular and they were fabulous as was the food. It has 5 red stars for food, but is very relaxed, gorgeous views all round too.

Check out : Montalto Vineyard & Olive Grove

Olly, thanks very much. The vineyard looks lovely! I'll definitely look into the Southbank area also as we will be looking for a temporary rental in that area also so would be one of our neighbourhood restaurants hopefully. Thanks very much to all for assisting. As usual, everyone is very helpful on this site!

Guest juliemtaylor

What about a meal on the 89th Floor of the Eureka Skydeck in Melbourne overlooking the city?

Julie x

Hi all

Thanks much!

Tram restaurant is a must.................we went on a sunday $77 a head for 4 courses and unlimited booze !!!!!!

Do you like italian food? Sat night in lygons street is great fun. Endless restaurants and a great, buzzing atmosphere. If you hate italian though, not the place to go! We love italian, so it is just the place for us!

Jeza, Ratchet & Julie....thanks very much for your quick response. I'll look into all of these. Jeza...we have two terrific Italian restaurants a walk away from where we live now. We love going there. A huge bottle of Sicilian red wine, garlic bread and fabulous pasta. Boy....I'm getting hungry now and it's not even lunch yet!

Sounds like I'll need advice in about 6 months about a good gym to work off the pounds gained from the good restaurants!

Can't wait to get there now and explore!

have a great night what ever you decide to do! At the end of the day, it is all about spending time with the ones you love. :wub::rolleyes::goofy::spinny::v_SPIN:

Jenny

Jeza, Ratchet & Julie....thanks very much for your quick response. I'll look into all of these. Jeza...we have two terrific Italian restaurants a walk away from where we live now. We love going there. A huge bottle of Sicilian red wine, garlic bread and fabulous pasta. Boy....I'm getting hungry now and it's not even lunch yet!

Sounds like I'll need advice in about 6 months about a good gym to work off the pounds gained from the good restaurants!

Can't wait to get there now and explore!

There's a book in Melbourne called Cheap Eats and the Good Food Guide, full of anything you want to eat - all different price ranges.

Archived