Going back tomorrow - but not for good

Guest JulieW

Guest JulieW

Am off to England tomorrow to visit family and friends and also have a trip to France with my sister and friends. Sometimes, when asked what I most miss about England, I say, "France".

Will be checking out schools for the children with a view to maybe going back next year after 5 years here (6 by then). Wish me luck as I'm having to convince my Aussie husband and 2 children to go back! I'm praying everything goes well and they can be convinced. My husband did live in the UK for 17 years before we came here so he does like it there and is starting to miss it too, I think.

Looking forward to the countryside, birdsong, beautiful villages, riverside pubs, long summer evenings, advert-free TV and radio, great coverage of Wimbledon and the World Cup, lots of good shops and being with my family and old friends.

Am off to England tomorrow to visit family and friends and also have a trip to France with my sister and friends. Sometimes, when asked what I most miss about England, I say, "France".

Will be checking out schools for the children with a view to maybe going back next year after 5 years here (6 by then). Wish me luck as I'm having to convince my Aussie husband and 2 children to go back! I'm praying everything goes well and they can be convinced. My husband did live in the UK for 17 years before we came here so he does like it there and is starting to miss it too, I think.

Looking forward to the countryside, birdsong, beautiful villages, riverside pubs, long summer evenings, advert-free TV and radio, great coverage of Wimbledon and the World Cup, lots of good shops and being with my family and old friends.

Have a fantatsic trip Julie-whereabouts are you going to in the UK?

Guest JulieW

Thanks Connie. My mother and sister live in a small village on the Cumbria/Lancashire/Yorkshire border, close to The Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales. From there we go to Oxfordshire, where we lived for 11 years before we came here, to catch up with friends and make sure our house is still standing (it's rented out) and then we have a few days in London before heading north again.

Thanks Connie. My mother and sister live in a small village on the Cumbria/Lancashire/Yorkshire border, close to The Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales. From there we go to Oxfordshire, where we lived for 11 years before we came here, to catch up with friends and make sure our house is still standing (it's rented out) and then we have a few days in London before heading north again.

Sounds dreamy - sure it will be fabulous-roll on 10 weeks lol x

God I'm jealous!! It will be a good time of year to go back. Is it just me or is the coverage of the world cup pretty poor? I thought SBS would do a good job but Les and Fossi just seem to having a holiday and not doing much on the commontating side!! Riverside pubs!!

Going for 5 weeks, 4 in England and one in France. Leaving in 8 hours!

Have a great time there, I know that after nearly 3 years I feel ready to move back and so does my daughter who is 8. My son loves it in Aus and my husband is not sure about leaving as yet, so it is a dilemma. Oh the stress of emigration!

Happy visiting and shopping!

Liz

x:wubclub:

Archived