Concerned re legitimacy of Pet Exports UK LTD

Guest Stulou13

Guest Stulou13

Hello,

We are moving to Sydney from Lancashire at the end of June. We have two dogs, a Beagle and a Bullmastiff that we are bringing with us. Their flights have been booked through Pet Exports UK LTD, however i have been searching for reviews on this company and am struggling to find any. I am concerned about the legitimacy of the company.

They provided quite a reasonable quote and we have obtained the import/export permits ourselves and have used our own vets for the bloods etc.

If anyone has used this company please can you let me know so i know i am not handing over my money to a rogue company. Another thing that concerned me was that they would only accept payment via cheque/bank transfer/bankers draft.

Thank you

Louise and Stuart

Haven't heard about the company sorry, we lived in Preston Lancs and used a company called Pets on the Move for our cat as they had a local franchise in Chorley. We'd never heard of them before (never had cause to look), and chose them on the basis of them being local ... they were superb. The ones you've chose may be fine too

Payment method sounds a bit fishy. Did you ask them why no visa or credit card payment? You have no protection against company failure in the payment methods they have asked for.

You obviously have concerns, so, are they in yellow pages, do they have a web site, do they have a company registration number, do they have a vat number, do they have a landline number or just a mobile, all these thing will legitimise a company, but will not tell you what service standard they offer.

You can check with Companies house to see if they are a legitimate company here

WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information

Guest Stulou13

We have looked on Companies house, and they are registered on there, however there is a similar named company that has been dissolved which is another concern... They do have a website and landline number. I asked them if they would accept credit card payment and they said that they weren't set up to accept either credit/debit card payments.

I have just found out that both of our dogs have tested positive for Lepto, so i am going to have to speak to them and cancel the flights in case their second tests come back as positive so we dont lose our £3000 once we have paid....

Nothing is straightforward! Thank you for your advice

Guest wobob
Hello,

We are moving to Sydney from Lancashire at the end of June. We have two dogs, a Beagle and a Bullmastiff that we are bringing with us. Their flights have been booked through Pet Exports UK LTD, however i have been searching for reviews on this company and am struggling to find any. I am concerned about the legitimacy of the company.

They provided quite a reasonable quote and we have obtained the import/export permits ourselves and have used our own vets for the bloods etc.

If anyone has used this company please can you let me know so i know i am not handing over my money to a rogue company. Another thing that concerned me was that they would only accept payment via cheque/bank transfer/bankers draft.

Thank you

Louise and Stuart

I've just had a look on Companies House and they've only been in existence since July last year. So thats possibly why you haven't found much out about them. However the payment thing does sound a bit odd.

I'd do a bit more checking or use a more well established company seeing as you are handing over so much money.

We have looked on Companies house, and they are registered on there, however there is a similar named company that has been dissolved which is another concern... They do have a website and landline number. I asked them if they would accept credit card payment and they said that they weren't set up to accept either credit/debit card payments.

I have just found out that both of our dogs have tested positive for Lepto, so i am going to have to speak to them and cancel the flights in case their second tests come back as positive so we dont lose our £3000 once we have paid....

Nothing is straightforward! Thank you for your advice

90% of dogs faIL LEPTO its in the uk annual shot, you pay another wad 2 weeks later and they pass

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Stulou13

Hi, i just wanted to let you all know that we arrived in Sydney on Friday 2nd July and the dogs had already arrived a couple of days before us. I called Virgin Cargo services to make sure the dogs were booked on the flights - which they were and she confirmed that she know the person who owned Pet Exports as he had been booking with them for years, so this obviously put my mind at rest!

I would definitely recommend them, they were the cheapest by miles and also very helpful. I did all the paperwork myself which was not as daunting as it first looks. So if anyone is bringing their dogs to Oz, then use Pet Exports UK LTD, fill in the forms yourself and save yourself a load of money!

Archived