Offshore trade skills assessments - VETASSESS Skills Assessments for Tradies

Alan Collett

What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

VETASSESS is currently listed as an assessing authority for certain skilled trade occupations where the applicant is a resident of the United Kingdom, India, Sri Lanka, South Africa or the Philippines.

The VETASSESS offshore trade skills assessments have been suspended until further notice.

DIAC is currently working with VETASSESS and Trades Recognition Australia on alternative assessment arrangements for residents of these countries for certain skilled trade occupations. Further advice on these arrangements will be provided when available.

Existing skills assessments issued by VETASSESS remain valid.

Best regards.

Sorry to sound really stupid but I have an application in with Vetassess (nearly 10 weeks now) for Project Administrator. Does this affect me or is it just trades e.g. electricians, carpenters etc...?

You are safe. Its for trade professions assessed by VETASSESS as mentioned by Alan in the first post.

Best of luck.

Guest Gollywobbler
What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

VETASSESS is currently listed as an assessing authority for certain skilled trade occupations where the applicant is a resident of the United Kingdom, India, Sri Lanka, South Africa or the Philippines.

The VETASSESS offshore trade skills assessments have been suspended until further notice.

DIAC is currently working with VETASSESS and Trades Recognition Australia on alternative assessment arrangements for residents of these countries for certain skilled trade occupations. Further advice on these arrangements will be provided when available.

Existing skills assessments issued by VETASSESS remain valid.

Best regards.

Hi Alan

Thanks for starting this thread.

However, please see the link below:

Practical assessment schedule (Trade Occupation) - VETASSESS

Vetassess say that they are coming to the UK in August 2010 to do the practical assessments forthe Carpentry and Electrical rades only? They do not claim to be going anywhere else in 2010, though, admittedly.

Are they still going to do the practicals in the UK for those two skills, do you know?

Also, what about somebody who has done the Vetassess paper-based assessment but might not now be able to get Vetassess to complete the process by doing the practical as well?

Are either Vetassess or DIAC planning to refund a dime of the money that prospective visa applicants might have wasted as a direct result of all the chopping and changing by the Minister for Immi? I gather that lots of people in Sri Lanka had already paid for their Vetassess practicals during May, when Vetassess suddenly claimed it was "too dangerous" for them to visit Colombo and today I learn that they may not be going to Sri Lanka again at all?

It is time for the Minister for Immi to take responsibility for the money that he is causing prospective visa applicants to waste. Personal responsibility with refunds out of his own pocket if necessary, I suggest.

I would also suggest that he gets Vetassess warmly by the throat and ensures full refunds to the Sri Lankan applicants for their paper based applications as well as for the practicals which did not even take place in the end.

Many thanks

Gill

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mallika

I know few other people in Sri Lanka who paid $600 for the practical assessment in 2008 (2 years ago). Colombo is very safe for anyone. Still VETASSESS kept postponing the test.

Anyway they are going to do the test in August 2010,I hope they will do that this time.

Can anyone help about the format of the test for Airconditioning and refrigaration mechanics please. My friend's brother is one of the poor guys he paid money 2 years ago and waiting for this practical test .

Can anyone give some post some past practical test questions please.

Thank you

I'll appreciate it.

Thats why its been such a pain!:mad: my other half has sprayed cars for 21 years and they have made it very hard work. We have been trying to get it all done for 12 weeks now:no: its all getting to much! Everything we have sent to them has never been right, they want blood! We have to do it all again with the TRA.:unsure:

Archived