Going home in 2 weeks

Guest Caitmelbourne

Guest proud2beaussie

Good luck on your return to the UK,no advice from me other than to enjoy the next couple of weeks here,you will probably find it easier to enjoy what is left of your time here now that you have made a decision to return.

It's a shame that you haven't been happy here but Australia is not everyone's cup of tea and if you are truly unhappy here then it's best to return to where you are happy.

I hope that you have not been so unhappy here that you don't have some good memories to take home.

Good luck.

Hi everyone

I have declined a wonderful offer of sponsorship in Melbourne...very very hard decision & sure I will have regrets but for now going home seems the right thing to do. My friends all think I'm bonkers, but's I've been utterly miserable here. 2 weeks is the earliest I could change my flight to...I wish it could be earlier as the next fortnight will be hard.

Thanks for all the support I've been given on here. I'm so relieved that a decision has been made.

Any advice on the first couple of weeks back home? Kinda dreading it....

Best of luck WK please don't dread it you will be fine- can't remember how long you have been here but if you are not happy then you are doing the right thing.

If you look for Rayman1 (& there are others but can't remember) they will really cheer you up with positive stories

:hug:

Guest guest36187

You have one life and you have to do what is right for you. Its a tough decision to make.

As I have said to others ....Its brave to step up and emigrate. Its even braver to say `hey it aint for me - Im going home`

Good Luck and please stay with PIO!

Guest MSTO

Goodluck Waterkitty.

I do not have any advice but just wanted to wish you good luck. I am sure you will be fine.

Guest SophieKin

Good Luck Waterkitty. I am sure you will feel so much better now you have made a decision and you will probably really enjoy the next couple of weeks.

Guest olive

Goodl luck with you return, you are doing the right thing, I lived in Melboune for 5 yrs now in W.A . I love OZ but still miss the uk after 8 yrs, hope to og and live back there again in next few yrs , give my love to uk,enjoy a beer or wine in a fab olde worlde pub

Guest moonsurfer

Good luck going back WK. If you're not happy here, then no 'practical' things like job or money can ever make you so, they'll just make it a bit easier to dull the pain and postpone the decision (and buy better wine to blot it all out!) Wishing you all the very best xx

Guest Aldo

My advice on returning is to keep it low key and in perspective. Don't expect a home coming parade or bunting to be hanging from your local pub, people will be going about their daily lives just the way they where before you left. take some time for yourself and drive out into the country and take in some local beauty spots. It can be a bit bewildering but take your time and take in what a massive thing you have done and reflect on what you have learned from your experiance.

I can tell you that my "aussie experience" has given me a whole new outlook on life and I beleive I am a much better person for it.

Best of luck for the future.

Good luck WK! I do hope that you enjoy the next two weeks safe in the knowledge that you will be leaving soon and heading for what is shaping up to be a lovely summer.

Dont worry about the other end, just slipt right on back into the swing of friends and parties and look around you with new eyes to appreciate everything that you have on your doorstep.

All the very best!

Guest Perth Princess

Congratulations- I wish it was me:cry:

If it doesn't feel right then you are better to leave now before you get too embedded in life here.

Guest valleylass

It probably doesn't feel like it now but once you settle into the decision you've made and, as Aldo says, give yourself time - you'll be fine. If it's not right, then it's not right and as complex as the feelings are for you now it really is that simple. Australia will always be here.

Wishing you the very best luck

valleylass

Yep i have no regrets about returning home, been back just over 2 months now, and just enjoying the time seeing friends and family again, can't say my feet have touched the ground since i have been back, with parties, a concert over the weekend, a christening this weekend, i hated the isolation sometimes in oz, and the trying to be liked or accepted in the little clicks of people. Just nice to be myself now.

Give it a week or two and you'll be fine and just remain positive, that is what i am doing taking one day at a time and enjoying life.

Best of luck

Tania x

Guest juliemtaylor

Good luck on your return to the dark side, not for everyone. Just make sure you say your goodbyes in Oz before you go, and then sit back and enjoy your homecoming.

Julie x

Hi Landv

I will do! Having some niggly doubts but I guess that's to be expected.

Returning to London where I was living for the 2 years previous to coming here. I'm from Middlesbrough & then lived in Leeds for 7 years but know I couldn't return to my Northern roots at this stage in my life. I love London & wasn't really ready to leave, booking the ticket was a panic reaction to the break-up of a 6 year relationship I guess. I fear that I will be one of those people now who will never have a sense of belonging & I do wish I hadn't bothered coming!

I know what you mean about having a sense of belonging!! I know the feeling all too well!

All the best to you, of course you're gonna have doubts, it's only natural, enjoy the beautiful summer coming in the UK and enjoy London. I wish I did when we lived there, only lived half an hour away from London.

Wishing you all the luck!

Archived