What routine checks refer to(Gill's comment welcomed)?

Rubab

Hi,

Can anyone help me with some idea about what routine checks on an application refers to? Coz, I got a reply from my CO that my application will be finalized within 4(anticipated) months after all other routine checks are completed!

Does anyone have any idea? My meds are finalized, jobs are inquired ... don't know what's pending! Is it really gonna happen within 4 months?

"Gill, your opinion is welcomed here"!

Thanks,

Rubab

Guest luyaoqin
Hi,

Can anyone help me with some idea about what routine checks on an application refers to? Coz, I got a reply from my CO that my application will be finalized within 4(anticipated) months after all other routine checks are completed!

Does anyone have any idea? My meds are finalized, jobs are inquired ... don't know what's pending! Is it really gonna happen within 4 months?

Thanks,

Rubab

I got the same reply from them. I think it is just a standard reply. 1 of my friend got an email saying that "his application is under routine processing which I anticipate to be finalised within the next 2 months", but he got his visa 1 week after he got this email.

So, it may not really mean "4 months"

Guest Siavash

Yeah, they just throw some words to you as a reply to your enquery!!! I had some correspondances with my CO based on which I understood the guy has either no IQ or is just replying an enquery for the sake of having it replyed and not having the question really answered!!!... am so pissed off by them...

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi,

Thanks,

Rubab

Hi Rubab

I beieve that you are from a high risk country?

DIAC refuse to divulge exactly what the "routine checks" comprise. They often include things such as the CO in Adelaide contacting the Aussie embassy in the visa applicant's country and/or the country he is living in now. They ask the local Embassy to check with the local authorities about the person's identity, age etc and they sometimes ask the Embassy to contact the person's current and/or previous employers to verify the information in the application via independent methods of enquiry.

They also ask ASIO to do specific security checks:

ASIO

Once the ASPC have asked somebody else to do whatever additional checks are considered to be necessary, DIAC in Adelaide do not chase the overseas Embassy, do not chase ASIO etc.

The checks can take many months to be completed and returned.

What you can do if you wish is to contact the Aussie Embassy in the relevant country and ask them whether they have been asked to do anything in particular in relation to your family and your application.

Cheers

Gill

Guest stelstar
Hi Rubab

DIAC refuse to divulge exactly what the "routine checks" comprise. They often include things such as the CO in Adelaide contacting the Aussie embassy in the visa applicant's country and/or the country he is living in now. They ask the local Embassy to check with the local authorities about the person's identity, age etc and they sometimes ask the Embassy to contact the person's current and/or previous employers to verify the information in the application via independent methods of enquiry.

ASIO

Once the ASPC have asked somebody else to do whatever additional checks are considered to be necessary, DIAC in Adelaide do not chase the overseas Embassy, do not chase ASIO etc.

What you can do if you wish is to contact the Aussie Embassy in the relevant country and ask them whether they have been asked to do anything in particular in relation to your family and your application.

Cheers

Gill

Hi there,

how does one find out if there country is high risk?

I'm from the UK, just wondering.

Thanks

Stelstar

Guest Drifter

Awhile ago I conducted a small research on the subject across multiple immi forums. My outcome is, usually DIAC does not give any specific time frames (like 3-4 months) whenever a case is held on external checks in ASIO. Thus, Rubab, that might be a good sign that your case is not in ASIO, after all. However, some internal checks (like calling your employer or university etc) may still be pending.

Guest Drifter
Yeah, they just throw some words to you as a reply to your enquery!!! I had some correspondances with my CO based on which I understood the guy has either no IQ or is just replying an enquery for the sake of having it replyed and not having the question really answered!!!... am so pissed off by them...

This is not a matter of IQ. I believe they're very limited at what they can tell you, by some draconian internal rules. It's very likely they're forced to use standard replies, sort of copy/paste.

Guest enet
Hi Rubab

ASIO

Cheers

Gill

It has been one month after CO assigned for my case, however, he has not requested any MEDS or PCC yet. Do you think I am in the process of contacting with Aussie Embassy in my home country?

Guest Gollywobbler
It has been one month after CO assigned for my case, however, he has not requested any MEDS or PCC yet. Do you think I am in the process of contacting with Aussie Embassy in my home country?

Are you from a High Risk or a Low Risk country? Is your occupation on the CSL?

Cheers

Gill

Guest guest41018

Cheers

Gill

While you are on this thread, Gill, do you know how long does this 'external processing' takes ? We were told by our agent, who was told by the CO, that there is nothing else outstanding and they are just waiting on the results of the Form 80 (character check), which has been requested since early January 2010 and for which they cannot say how long it will take as it is external. We had done our medicals/pcc in Mid-January too and are currently on the CSL, but not the new SOL.

We are from the UK, but my wife was born in an HR country, but left there at the age of five. Are we being singled out unneccessarily do you think, or is this pretty standard behaviour from them ? Should we complain to the Global Feedback Unit or IGIS ?

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill,

While you are on this thread I will also like to share my situation, I applied in May 09, with front loading everything but the Police cert, my occupation is on CSL, and I have been confirmed by the CO (appointed Sep 09) that my case is being processed as CSL, however, none of my docs status has changed, or no verfication from my employers etc has been carried out, and I have been told "internal checks" are being carried out, but I dont see any progress. I understand that being from an HR country my application will take a little longer than others (although to the best of my knowledge, the depts communications says CSL will be processed in 12 months, Ok approx!).

What are my options?

Thanks.

Guest enet

Cheers

Gill

Dear Gill,

Here are my details below;

175 CSL Applicant from HR country - Lodged in 10th March - CO assigned in 12th April - My status has changed to "Application Being Process Further" in 12th April as well - CO has not requested my Medicals and PCC yet.

Simply, I wonder what CO is doing right now, today is 26th May and it passed over one month. Does he calling my employer, contacting with Interior Affairs Ministry of my home country, etc.

Thanks

Guest enet
Hi Gill,

While you are on this thread I will also like to share my situation, I applied in May 09, with front loading everything but the Police cert, my occupation is on CSL, and I have been confirmed by the CO (appointed Sep 09) that my case is being processed as CSL, however, none of my docs status has changed, or no verfication from my employers etc has been carried out, and I have been told "internal checks" are being carried out, but I dont see any progress. I understand that being from an HR country my application will take a little longer than others (although to the best of my knowledge, the depts communications says CSL will be processed in 12 months, Ok approx!).

What are my options?

Thanks.

Your status is very similar as mine. But, you waited much longer than me. Has not he requested medicals yet?

Guest Gollywobbler
Dear Gill,

Here are my details below;

175 CSL Applicant from HR country - Lodged in 10th March - CO assigned in 12th April - My status has changed to "Application Being Process Further" in 12th April as well - CO has not requested my Medicals and PCC yet.

Simply, I wonder what CO is doing right now, today is 26th May and it passed over one month. Does he calling my employer, contacting with Interior Affairs Ministry of my home country, etc.

Thanks

Hi Enuf

I don't think that the ASPC contact anybody except their "overseas post" - which is the Aussie Embassy in the relevant country - and ASIO, who are in Oz. However DIAC are extremely tight-lipped about what they actually do by way of their "routine checks" so it is impossible to find out what the ASPC really do about this.

The ASPC definitely won't make direct contact with any of the authorities in your home country but they might well ask their "overseas post" to do so. However such enquiries can take more than 6 months, plus 30th June is the end of DIAC's Financial Year and their Migration Program Year.

Plus "application being processed further" means nothing more than the fact that the CO's assistant has looked at the file and is doing whatever needs to be done next.

Chasing the Aussies will not result in faster processing by the Aussies. If the Ministry for Interior Affairs in your home country take forever, the Aussies cannot and will not upset Diplomatic Protocols by pushing them because doing so might upset the local people.

How efficient are the Ministry people in your own country, please?

Cheers

Gill

Guest enet
Hi Enuf

I don't think that the ASPC contact anybody except their "overseas post" - which is the Aussie Embassy in the relevant country - and ASIO, who are in Oz. However DIAC are extremely tight-lipped about what they actually do by way of their "routine checks" so it is impossible to find out what the ASPC really do about this.

The ASPC definitely won't make direct contact with any of the authorities in your home country but they might well ask their "overseas post" to do so. However such enquiries can take more than 6 months, plus 30th June is the end of DIAC's Financial Year and their Migration Program Year.

Plus "application being processed further" means nothing more than the fact that the CO's assistant has looked at the file and is doing whatever needs to be done next.

Chasing the Aussies will not result in faster processing by the Aussies. If the Ministry for Interior Affairs in your home country take forever, the Aussies cannot and will not upset Diplomatic Protocols by pushing them because doing so might upset the local people.

Cheers

Gill

The beurocracy in my home country is extremely slow, they even may not answer to a overseas post for maybe a year.

Maybe I can contact with the Aussie embassy in my home country in order to ask if they are following the process or what, but I am not sure if they are eligible to answer my query.

Also, You said 30th June is the end of the Migration Program year, what does that mean? Does this mean that DIAC should complete routine checks until that time?

Thanks

Hi Enuf

Cheers

Gill

Here in the 3rd world, even God cannot make them work:biggrin:.

I mean in Pakistan where I am, if Aussies way of internal checks is writing to the MoI, well I am in for a looooong wait. I cannot even imagine it working this way.

Guest guest41018
Here in the 3rd world, even God cannot make them work:biggrin:.

I mean in Pakistan where I am, if Aussies way of internal checks is writing to the MoI, well I am in for a looooong wait. I cannot even imagine it working this way.

Funny that, Waq, where do you think my wife was born and left to go to the UK at the age of five ? It seems like a scar for life as her town/city of birth is always going to be stuck on the photo page of her passport.

Gill: Do you know how long these ASIO checks take ?

At present your application is undergoing routine processing.

Unfortunately, ensuring all the legal requirements are met in relation to

an application can take some time.

The case officer is following up on the status of your application on a

regular basis to ensure it is being processed as soon as practicable.

You will be contacted if we require additional information to process

your application.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Yours sincerely,

I got this reply. LOL.

I'm from Pakistan too.

At present your application is undergoing routine processing.

Unfortunately, ensuring all the legal requirements are met in relation to

an application can take some time.

The case officer is following up on the status of your application on a

regular basis to ensure it is being processed as soon as practicable.

You will be contacted if we require additional information to process

your application.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Yours sincerely,

I got this reply. LOL.

I'm from Pakistan too.

LoL, mines exactly the same.....cut copy paste!

Guest FedUp
Hi there,

how does one find out if there country is high risk?

I'm from the UK, just wondering.

Thanks

Stelstar

If your country is not listed in this LIST then it is a HR country.

Guest enet

in some cases, routine checks are being done before they request the Medicals and PCC, but in some cases routine checks starts after all documents met..

What is the reason behind that?

Guest FedUp
in some cases, routine checks are being done before they request the Medicals and PCC, but in some cases routine checks starts after all documents met..

What is the reason behind that?

According to my CO it is because there is a cost involved with the meds and pcc.

Guest enet
According to my CO it is because there is a cost involved with the meds and pcc.

so? people -with cases which meds requested before routine checks- are rich people ? It is ridiculus. There should be a sensible reason for that.

Archived