What routine checks refer to(Gill's comment welcomed)?

Rubab

Guest FedUp
so? people -with cases which meds requested before routine checks- are rich people ? It is ridiculus. There should be a sensible reason for that.

Here is what I picked up from my CO:

In the first contact she requested forms 80 and 1221 and more relatioship proofs. I called her and asked what about the meds (pcc already sent with the application)? She said the reason that she hasn't asked for them yet is because they involve high costs but I'm free to carry them if I wanted on my own risk!

I was born in HR country, and hold dual citizenship (egypt + UK) so I assume that they are intending on making throughout checks which may take up to 12 months to complete which may invalidate the meds.

If they asked for meds and pcc then they don't expect routine checks to take that long (i.e. routine checks in the uk won't take more than a few weeks compared to checks from egypt and other HR countries which may take forever and ever.)

This is what I concluded after hours of research and I really hope I'm wrong:arghh:

Guest enet

In the first contact she requested forms 80 and 1221 and more relatioship proofs. I called her and asked what about the meds (pcc already sent with the application)? She said the reason that she hasn't asked for them yet is because they involve high costs but I'm free to carry them if I wanted on my own risk!

I was born in HR country, and hold dual citizenship (egypt + UK) so I assume that they are intending on making throughout checks which may take up to 12 months to complete which may invalidate the meds.

If they asked for meds and pcc then they don't expect routine checks to take that long (i.e. routine checks in the uk won't take more than a few weeks compared to checks from egypt and other HR countries which may take forever and ever.)

This is what I concluded after hours of research and I really hope I'm wrong:arghh:

Yeah, now that make sense.. Routine checks may take forever, so medicals can be expired.. Come on routine checks, be faster.

Guest FedUp
Yeah, now that make sense.. Routine checks may take forever, so medicals can be expired.. Come on routine checks, be faster.

Enet, Are you from a HR country?

You are right... that is the whole logic of High Risk Countries and Low Risk Countries. Your case officer was good enough to tell you because otherwise it would have been a loss to you.

I am afraid you are right.

Guest guest41018

What makes our situation stupid is that my wife has been to Australia on a 457 visa in 2006, in addition to having left Pakistan at the age of five, thirty years ago. Are those in DIAC/ASIO so stupid as not to realise that there will be no records on her in her country of birth, given how long ago she left ?

Would they just do this check in the UK or Pakistan too, given that she and her whole family are British nationals ?

What makes our situation stupid is that my wife has been to Australia on a 457 visa in 2006, in addition to having left Pakistan at the age of five, thirty years ago. Are those in DIAC/ASIO so stupid as not to realise that there will be no records on her in her country of birth, given how long ago she left ?

Would they just do this check in the UK or Pakistan too, given that she and her whole family are British nationals ?

You know, when you apply for a visa, one of the questions asked is; 'List the countries alongwith the time frames that you lived in the last 10 years'. However, presuming that her passport has not been changed, I guess, they will do some kind of checks. Anyway, it all depends on the country, how long they take and how much of information is required.

Guest guest41018
You know, when you apply for a visa, one of the questions asked is; 'List the countries alongwith the time frames that you lived in the last 10 years'. However, presuming that her passport has not been changed, I guess, they will do some kind of checks. Anyway, it all depends on the country, how long they take and how much of information is required.

That's just it, we have just lived in the UK in the last 10 years, other than holidays. Given that Australia and the UK are friendly nations, I would have thought that this part of the equation should have been easy to solve. The question is which country are we classified as belonging to ?

That's just it, we have just lived in the UK in the last 10 years, other than holidays. Given that Australia and the UK are friendly nations, I would have thought that this part of the equation should have been easy to solve. The question is which country are we classified as belonging to ?

I am presuming here... and for your sake, I hope I am right :biggrin: that since most of your life was spent in the UK and the UK being a LR country hopefully your application will be considered in this way...

Guest guest41018
I am presuming here... and for your sake, I hope I am right :biggrin: that since most of your life was spent in the UK and the UK being a LR country hopefully your application will be considered in this way...

I hope so too, but it doesn't seem that way. In fact, I have spent my entire life in the UK - born and bred. It appears that my wife being born in Pakistan is what is causing the problem. On the online tracking system, it doesn't say anything is outstanding for me, but for my wife, it says character particulars outstanding - we were told via our agent via the CO that they are just waiting for the results of the Form 80 Character Check for my wife. This has been the case since January 2010 when we did our medicals/pccs. We were thinking of putting in a complaint in this regard to the global feedback unit and have almost finished our letter. It kind of gets offensive when those from, say, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Egypt and Palestinian Authorities (nothing personal to anyone from there) are getting their visas and we aren't, especially since we don't even live in an HR country.

Guest FedUp

Here is a case that I found in another forum through our friend google. I won't put a link as I don't know if it is allowed but I will summarise the case for you.

Visa type: Offshore Spouse visa lodged in Berlin office in Feb the 5th. Couple married for 5 years with 2 children.

Applicant's country of residence: Belgium

Applicant's nationality: Dual: Iranian + Italian

Conviction history: traffic offence dated 4 years ago.

In the last contact this couple had from their CO they were told that their form 80 had been sent to an external agency for processing and that it would take 9 to 12 months to process!! Although it was marked as urgent (due to the couple's preferred entry date of September 2010).

This is what a Registered Migration Agent said:

"Unfortunately it is a fact of life at the moment that visa applicants from certain high risk countries do face long security processing timelines. There is no help for you there as our law quite clearly mandates these checks are undertaken and, until they are done, your visa application will not be finalised."

I wish I could cancel my application and get my visa fee back. If it's the case then life in the UK is great and the weather is lovely all year around and there is no need to move to OZ. :goofy:

Guest guest41018
Here is a case that I found in another forum through our friend google. I won't put a link as I don't know if it is allowed but I will summarise the case for you.

Visa type: Offshore Spouse visa lodged in Berlin office in Feb the 5th. Couple married for 5 years with 2 children.

Applicant's country of residence: Belgium

Applicant's nationality: Dual: Iranian + Italian

Conviction history: traffic offence dated 4 years ago.

In the last contact this couple had from their CO they were told that their form 80 had been sent to an external agency for processing and that it would take 9 to 12 months to process!! Although it was marked as urgent (due to the couple's preferred entry date of September 2010).

This is what a Registered Migration Agent said:

"Unfortunately it is a fact of life at the moment that visa applicants from certain high risk countries do face long security processing timelines. There is no help for you there as our law quite clearly mandates these checks are undertaken and, until they are done, your visa application will not be finalised."

I wish I could cancel my application and get my visa fee back. If it's the case then life in the UK is great and the weather is lovely all year around and there is no need to move to OZ. :goofy:

Yes, I had seen that one too. Iran, unlike a number of other HR countries doesn't really have very good relations with western countries, hence why getting information out of them must be quite tough. The other point with that particular case was that it was a particularly complicated one. Not only was there Italy, Iran and Belgium to consider, there was the USA too. The person claimed to have travelled to a number of countries and spoke six languages - I guess there must be a number of countries to consider, hence why the 9-12 month timeline was given or else they would not have advised as such. From what one hears on the net, six months is usually as long as it should take for an HR security check, after which you can complain to the IGIS ombudsman who is responsible for holding ASIO to account.

Either way, it is a ludicrous timeframe, one would have thought that pressing a few buttons to access a few computer databases wouldn't be such an onerous task. Even when you ask for a PNC check for the UK PCC, they normally take up to 40 days, unless requesting the premium service - that just requires someone to enter your name and print out a certificate. Just goes to show how slow, inefficient and thick the majority of those working in public sector administration are.

Archived