OMG £1040.00 for medicals!!!!! HELP!!!!

sheryl12

i didnt get hep tested and i have 2 tattoos. doc asked how long ago it was and was happy after 6 years i didnt need it. how they (aussies) will ever find out before visa grant ive no idea, so i wont worry about it!

i have to agree!!!! but it was all in with the price anyway!!! i wanted to get my monies worth lol they test it out of the one lot of blood so didnt have any more pain, as i HATE needles:arghh:

shez x x

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest stelstar
Ironically - the cheapest we found was the one in central London - Knightsbridge Doctors. They charged my wife £180 + £8 courier fee. And that was two weeks ago.

Hi,

just out of interest, how long did you have to wait for an appointment. I live in London so Knightsbridge would be best for me. Especially if it's cheaper than Brentwood who want to charge me £300

Hi,

just out of interest, how long did you have to wait for an appointment. I live in London so Knightsbridge would be best for me. Especially if it's cheaper than Brentwood who want to charge me £300

My partner rang up a few weeks ago and asked for the next available appointment at either of the Knightsbridge clinic locations and was offered an appointment in the same week in Basil Street.

All up the medical cost £230 and she said that the doctors were extremely professional, polite and there was no hanging around.

We live 30 miles from Brentwood and think their £300 is OTT, the only thing to their advantage is they do a Saturday appointment which as we are self employed may work out better than taking the day off in the week.

How can the Knightsbridge clinic keep their prices so low? £220 each plus £50 courier means they are over £100 cheaper(for 2 adults) in a location next door to Harrods.:confused:

Brentwood was a late addition to the panel, do you think they now have to pay to join the panel list?

Guest soozie
My partner rang up a few weeks ago and asked for the next available appointment at either of the Knightsbridge clinic locations and was offered an appointment in the same week in Basil Street.

All up the medical cost £230 and she said that the doctors were extremely professional, polite and there was no hanging around.

might be worth the train fare for us biggish families up north - sounds like we would still save some money by travelling down there.

daft innit?? :goofy:

Guest Sneezy Badger

I spent just over €180 for my health check and x-ray here in Berlin. Not sure of the conversion rate, but it seems pretty cheap compared to back home.

One thing that stands out is that people living in the UK seem to get a really rough time of it with the health checks :( Here in Berlin there are 7 different doctors to choose from, whereas it looks like there are that many in the whole of England... I'm not sure about the logistics, but maybe a trip outside the UK would be cost effective for people with large families?

We are going to get our medicals done soon (as soon as house sale completes) so I just got a quote this week from Manchester;

All aged 11 years and over £110.00

Children younger than 11 £60.00

Chest x-ray £70.00

Chest x-ray (eHealth or Form 160EH) £85.00

HIV blood test £25.00

Hepatitis B £29.00

Hepatitis C £39.00

Courier charge (paper applications) £10 per case or £40 per family (whichever is less)

Online administration (eHealth or EH26 forms) £20.00

Procedure:

Adults – Medical exam, urine and blood tests, chest x-ray.

Youngsters 11 – 15 – As above without blood tests.

Children 5 – 11 – Medical exam and urine test only.

Children under 5 – Medical exam only.

So for us that will be £273 for me and Hubby and £60 each for the kids plus the online admin fee £20 TOTAL £686 Which is actually about what I'd budgeted .... I'd just planned to only have to go to Huddersfield instead of Manchester lol! Hey ho!!

Archived