Stuck in NZ Waiting for E-visitor!! HELP!!

Guest mark&robyn

Guest mark&robyn

Hi all,

My partner & I have been in NZ since Sunday. We applied for our 457 (I had a no further stay condition on my 676 tourist visa, we have been in oz for just under a year, traveling on 676 & WHV) & also e-visitors so we can go back to Oz & travel north QLD.

We were asked for further information yesterday morning, which we sent off immediately but still haven't heard anything more than 24hrs on!

Starting to stress slightly, as got car parked in Brisbane airport & want to get back!!

Anyone else had similar problems or stories???

Any advice appreciated. Thank you.

Guest guest36187

457s can take a variety of times - some up to a few weeks.

Have you an agent that you can talk to?

Guest mark&robyn

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Not intending on waiting for 457 to come through, I realise this may take 8 weeks, hence why applied for e visitor. This is the one we need to get back into Oz to travel.

Info on timescale re e-visitor would be great!

Thanks again.

I don't know if this will be of any help to you because it's been some time since I have had to apply for a holiday visa but checked through my past e-mails to find out how long mine took to come through and can tell you that the last time I applied for a 676 tourist visa it took 10 [real] days. I had applied for the 12 month version via the DIAC's Web site from the UK. Going on memory alone, my last 3 month visitor visa took about 2 working days to come through. Again applied for online and direct with the DIAC.

Hopefully yours will be quicker than that. Still, as things go, New Zealand isn't a bad spot to get stuck. Best of luck :smile:

Guest mark&robyn

Thanks Happy Lass for the reply,

NZ is great, but got my poor dog in kennels in Oz, want to get back to her!

Oh my. No wonder you're worried. The car's one thing but a dog is quite another! Are you staying in or near Auckland? If you're convenient to the waterfront, you could always pop into the embassy and ask there; assuming your application is being handled there, they might be able to tell you how long it will take.

Best of luck for your visa applications and for your adventure :smile:

Guest mark&robyn

Hello,

No Christchurch but would be happy to fly to Auckland if they could shed some light & sort this out for us.

Never ever expected it to take so long but hey Australian immigration has been a nightmare for many of us!

Think I will ring Auckland in the morning & see if they can help, hope so. I have rang the general enquiry line but they can't seem to help.

I have emailed the e visitor people a few times but they aren't very quick at replying!

Really want to get back asap!

Thanks for your reply.

I applied for an evisitor visa in late 2008. I applied late one night (UK time) and had the e-mail granting me the visa the next morning. As far as DIAC were concerned, using Aussie time, the visa was granted on the same day they received the application. Hope this helps – good luck retrieving your car.

Guest mark&robyn

Thanks proud pom, this has always been the case when visited Oz in 2000 & 2006 but I presume it is because we have been in Oz for nearly a year & we are subject to extra checks. Just wish it would get sorted soon!

Guest monkey8mydinner

Don't know if this helps, but my wife and I nearly missed our flight out here last week because of a delay with our e-visitor visas. We finally got through to Oz Immigration on the morning of the flight (more than a little stressed at that point!!) and were told that instead of being granted visas automatically (as has happened every other time we've applied for e-visitor visas) our applications had been 'flagged' because we also have GSM176 visas in application. In the end, the lady we spoke to was able to manually approve the visas from her end and we made the flight with minutes to spare! Hope you get it sorted.

Guest mark&robyn

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply - this may explain our situation!

We originally applies GSM 175 jan 09, then got SS for QLD & applied for 475 (regional SS as bricklayer not on main SS list for QLD), since then I have obtained a sponsor & have a 457 application in!! Yes, lots of applications for us! Nightmare!

So did you ring the normal information line? We have had a request for further info which has been sent but had nothing since.

Guest monkey8mydinner

Yeah. Just called the standard number on the website.

For all our frustrations at the visa processing times, we really can't fault the guys and gals on the call centre that morning. Give it a try ...

• 6 months later...
Don't know if this helps, but my wife and I nearly missed our flight out here last week because of a delay with our e-visitor visas. We finally got through to Oz Immigration on the morning of the flight (more than a little stressed at that point!!) and were told that instead of being granted visas automatically (as has happened every other time we've applied for e-visitor visas) our applications had been 'flagged' because we also have GSM176 visas in application. In the end, the lady we spoke to was able to manually approve the visas from her end and we made the flight with minutes to spare! Hope you get it sorted.

Hey,

Did you speak to someone in Oz or the UK? I'm worried we might be in the exact same position in the next couple of days. Reeeeaaallly stressing me out and the person I spoke to in London embassy was NO help! Argh. If u gave a helpful number I'd really appreciate it?

Guest Antphoto

Sorry to hop on this post but can anyone advise how long you have to go to NZ for when you are in Oz on the e visitor (issued from UK). I am with my partner (Oz citizen) in Oz and we get married next month here in Oz but I have to go offshore in Jan after the first 3 month period is up. I then intend to go back to Oz from NZ for the 2nd 3 month period. We cannot yet apply for spouse visa as not enough evidence but want to remain in Australia and not return to UK.

Guest siamsusie
Sorry to hop on this post but can anyone advise how long you have to go to NZ for when you are in Oz on the e visitor (issued from UK). I am with my partner (Oz citizen) in Oz and we get married next month here in Oz but I have to go offshore in Jan after the first 3 month period is up. I then intend to go back to Oz from NZ for the 2nd 3 month period. We cannot yet apply for spouse visa as not enough evidence but want to remain in Australia and not return to UK.

Hi there Happy Lass is on at the moment why not drop her a PM she went through the same procedure.

Best wishes Susie x:wubclub:

Archived