Is anyone out there wanting to go to Tasmania?

crispysince70

Guest siamsusie
Is there anyone out there but me? lol
Hi Crispybread, there are a few people on PIO awaiting to enter Tasmania. If you go through some of the Tasmanian threads.

Which area are you specifically looking at? and a big welcome:wubclub: Susie

Guest siamsusie
Lovely to hear from you siamsusie,

We'd like to settle in Kingston. We had a visit in February and thought 'WOW'!

I shall have another search and try and hunt down some tassie wannabes!!

Thats also a beautiful part of Tasmania Crispy .... Happylass , Skani, Ems & paul are a few names (Tasmanian residents) that would be delighted to give you information for that neck of the woods. Also Skipjack (ithink) is a "wannabe" ...

Kevin (it couldbeworse) also has some wonderful photography that will leave you in awe of the beauty of Tasmania.

Give us all a shout and if we can help we will and good luck!

Susie

Guest claireandmark
Is there anyone out there but me? lol

Hi were are living on the eastern shore, been here over a year now and have definitely made the right decision! Kingston is a lovely place, although the southern outlet can be a bit of a nightmare first thing in the morning:mad:

If you guys want any help or advice on your upcoming move feel free to give us a shout!!

mark

That's really kind of you (claireandmark &siamsusie)

I'm pretty sure we'll have all kinds of questions in the coming months (or years more like. lol)

Whereabouts on the eastern shore are you?

We're still madly checking the inbox every 2 mins to see if the tasmamian SS has come through!

Guest siamsusie
That's really kind of you (claireandmark &siamsusie)

I'm pretty sure we'll have all kinds of questions in the coming months (or years more like. lol)

Whereabouts on the eastern shore are you?

We're still madly checking the inbox every 2 mins to see if the tasmamian SS has come through!

Good luck Crispy with your SS... let us know how you guys are getting on and welcome:wubclub: Susie

Guest DaveBecs

Hi Crispysince70

My Defacto visa is with Australia House, then the OH (Australian by descent) and me will be setting off for Hobart, as OH family is there and we have already got some where lined up to stay. Hopefully looking to fly out end of November

Cant wait to start the next chapter of our life in Tasmania

Becs

Guest siamsusie
We got our Tas SS thru yesterday...hoorah! Now just need to wait for visa apps to re-open and will be submitting a 176.

Bear

congratulations Bear, wonderful news:hug:Susie

Guest siamsusie

Just a quick update.. I got the state sponsership. We're dead chuffed!! Tassie here we come.... well in my head anyway. lol Might see you all in a few years!
Hey Crispy, also wonderful news for you guys as well congratulations, to you and your family as well.... best wishes Susie

That's great to hear DaveBecs and BearRules,there doesn't seem to be many of us wanting to go at the moment.

I think it's because they don't know what they're missing!!!

Keep us all posted with your updates, it might make the time that we have wait seem to go a bit quicker!

I live on the eastern shore of Hobart too. I've only ever been through Kingston so don't know much about Kingston personally but my husband says it's a nice place to live and convenient too.

Tasmania is a beautiful place to live; good luck on your visa applications everyone :wubclub:

Guest Colin R

Kingston is a great place to live we have been here for 4 years (in a couple of months) and sitting our citizenship test in July. I have a business in Channel Court as we came over on a business visa. Could nt imagine wanting to live anywhere else . Kingston and the Kingborough municipality offer everything really. It is clean , safe, shops and more coming. the largest BigW store in Tasmania!!House prices are on the move upwards but still great value for money. Colin works in Hobart now and it takes about 10 mins to get down in the morning and less to get home.

Sally

Guest Colin R

Hi there Crispysince 70? Yes its me.and I now know its you! used to be on here a bit but havent for ages . Lets hope hope that it isnt too long before you get here.

Sallyx

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Hi Crispybread, there are a few people on PIO awaiting to enter Tasmania. If you go through some of the Tasmanian threads.

Which area are you specifically looking at? and a big welcome:wubclub: Susie

Hi susie

Kev, sh7tman and myself want to go to Tasmania and you know why, its to win your hand. I know you are married, but when you see us three we are like ageing coliseum fighters like Sparticus - on sanatogen and we will fight to the death for you.

Trouble is afterwards we would be that kn=ckered we wouldn't be up to much.

jim:wink:

Guest siamsusie
Hi susie

Kev, sh7tman and myself want to go to Tasmania and you know why, its to win your hand. I know you are married, but when you see us three we are like ageing coliseum fighters like Sparticus - on sanatogen and we will fight to the death for you.

Trouble is afterwards we would be that kn=ckered we wouldn't be up to much.

jim:wink:

funny_muscle_lady.jpgBring it on Jim, we are waiting for you, ****man and young Kevin to pop on over.... wouldnt it be great to have a meet up in each others states eh....

It all happens in Tassie:wink: Love Susie xx

Guest The Ropey HOFF
funny_muscle_lady.jpgBring it on Jim, we are waiting for you, ****man and young Kevin to pop on over.... wouldnt it be great to have a meet up in each others states eh....

It all happens in Tassie:wink: Love Susie xx

Hi susie

kev and Sh7tman are great blokes and great company and yes it would be great to meet up because it would mean i would be in the greatest country in the world again - Australia.

jim

• 9 months later...
Guest Jamie123

Congratulations on getting you visa's well done. We are almost at the medicals and CrB check stage. Do you know what the medicals involve and how long it took after that?

Congratulations on getting you visa's well done. We are almost at the medicals and CrB check stage. Do you know what the medicals involve and how long it took after that?

Hi Jamie

It only took a week after doing the meds for us to be granted the visa, we couldn't believe it! Still can't to be honest!

The meds were failrly straight fowrward, bloods taken, eye test, height and weight, chest x-ray, joints manipulated, that was about it.

Definatley the worst thing for us was paying the fees ( £1010 ) for 3 adults and 2 children. I'm sure I'll get over it soon, lol.

Good luck,

Chris x

Yeah crisp,2nd choice tbh,cooler,gorgeous scenery,susie walking naked thru the garden,people can count better coz they've got 12 digits according to some on here:wideeyed:,and then ME!:laugh:AWWWWWwwwww it'l be top!:wubclub:

Archived