Annoyed at the case officer ENS 856

theonetruechris

Hi its ratchet, I just want to share an experience i had today just incase it can help someone else in the same boat.

We submitted out 856 onshore ens about 6 weeks ago. As i hadnt heard anything i emailed last night, with a response this morning saying she was waiting for our medicals.

When we did the meds for the 457 we made sure we all had PR ones done to save any hassle this end, so i contacted the Case officer today to let her know that also remind her that in our application for the PR visa i sent in the reciept detailing the medicals that had been done.

She came back to me saying that mine and our sons have been found and attached but chris's has gone missing. Cannot be found on any system, despite her acknowledging the info i had sent in.

She also then informed me that we have to get chris's meds done ASAP as mine and adam run out on the 14th and she has to grant our visa by the time they run out or we will all have to have them done again.

Thankfully ive managed to grab a cancellation on thursday for chris's medical

but most importantly - She said she would have to grant our visa before the meds run out on the 14th............:eek:..............This makes me wonder whay there are so many of us waiting if its just a case of granting the visa???

So for anyone waiting on the 856 to be granted and have been waiting a while. you may want to get in contact with your case officer to find out what the hold up is..

Guest heinek

Hey mate

how did you know you have a CO? I've lodged my 856 application more than 2 months ago and still no news...

Guest guest17520

My employer submitted their part of the application in the first week of Feb through an agent. I submitted my part at the end of March.

Yesterday was our first form of contact from immigration asking my employers (through the agent) for a job description for me and organisation chart for the company.

Hey mate

how did you know you have a CO? I've lodged my 856 application more than 2 months ago and still no news...

The time differs for everyone, but about 10 days after i took the application in, i got a letter via email to acknowledge the application. This was sent by my case officer.

I think with the ENS apps they go into the business centre, it gets picked up quicker than regular PR apps.

My employer submitted their part of the application in the first week of Feb through an agent. I submitted my part at the end of March.

Yesterday was our first form of contact from immigration asking my employers (through the agent) for a job description for me and organisation chart for the company.

Are you the first that they have sponsered? The company have to prove that you are the only one that can do the job. it sounds like thats what they are trying to find out.

The job description and your CV should have gone in firstly with the nomination number application from your employer and secondly once nomination number through, with your application. If you jump the gun with the apps, it can sometimes cause a backlog and they have to merge docs etc. Like they do if the medicals are front loaded for the 457

To update from the original post. i contacted the Dr that did our initial visa meds in the UK, they emailed me with confirmation that they did full medicals for all three of us for PR. I sent the email on to the case officer.

funnily enough the medical was found, but we still have to proceed with a new medical as she says that chris's medical wasnt a full one, only for temp visa:eek:.

(but my 4 yr olds and mine were???? convienient...............)

Hi its ratchet, I just want to share an experience i had today just incase it can help someone else in the same boat.

We submitted out 856 onshore ens about 6 weeks ago. As i hadnt heard anything i emailed last night, with a response this morning saying she was waiting for our medicals.

When we did the meds for the 457 we made sure we all had PR ones done to save any hassle this end, so i contacted the Case officer today to let her know that also remind her that in our application for the PR visa i sent in the reciept detailing the medicals that had been done.

She came back to me saying that mine and our sons have been found and attached but chris's has gone missing. Cannot be found on any system, despite her acknowledging the info i had sent in.

She also then informed me that we have to get chris's meds done ASAP as mine and adam run out on the 14th and she has to grant our visa by the time they run out or we will all have to have them done again.

Thankfully ive managed to grab a cancellation on thursday for chris's medical

but most importantly - She said she would have to grant our visa before the meds run out on the 14th............:eek:..............This makes me wonder whay there are so many of us waiting if its just a case of granting the visa???

So for anyone waiting on the 856 to be granted and have been waiting a while. you may want to get in contact with your case officer to find out what the hold up is..

Guest guest17520
Are you the first that they have sponsered? The company have to prove that you are the only one that can do the job. it sounds like thats what they are trying to find out.

The job description and your CV should have gone in firstly with the nomination number application from your employer and secondly once nomination number through, with your application. If you jump the gun with the apps, it can sometimes cause a backlog and they have to merge docs etc. Like they do if the medicals are front loaded for the 457

I am the first person that has applied for an ENS 856 but I have been on a 457 for the past 2 1/2 years.

How strict are they about proving no one else can do the job? I'm sure others could but I have proof of 8+ years experience, 3 of those years at current job. It would be stupid for them to let me go and find someone else to do the job...:nah:

I am the first person that has applied for an ENS 856 but I have been on a 457 for the past 2 1/2 years.

How strict are they about proving no one else can do the job? I'm sure others could but I have proof of 8+ years experience, 3 of those years at current job. It would be stupid for them to let me go and find someone else to do the job...:nah:

Im not sure about your question on how strick they are, i really dont have a clue. I understand what your saying though. im a nurse and this country trains enough of them, but the hosp i work for go for the english trained nurses and are able to prove its a viable option.

good luck

just had word from my OH who is sat waiting for his medicals. it turns out ive been misled again by the case officer. Medicals can take up to 4 weeks to process over here. This will take mine past its expiry date.

I called the CO and asked her if she knew, she said yes but if they can speed it up i may be able to extend your medicals......but the chances are slim so you will have to get yours done again.......

I cant stand being led along. its not kind. if i needed a medical she should have said and i could have been there with the OH today. not waste more time waiting to see if the medical comes through or not before i book mine in. And of course. another bloody $1000 !!!

I really hate this country right now and wish i hadnt bothered

• 3 months later...

Hi Rachel,

Just wondering how things panned out with this ENS in the end??

Did u get it granted??

We submitted ours on 23/7/10 and had no contact what so ever from immigration regarding it, they took the money out of our account on 27/7/10 so thats how we actually know they must have received the application and nomination.

Archived