CSL: When will I get my visa

Waq

175 CSL (Accountant, IELTS 8.0) application May 2009.

Medical: June 2009.

First communication from DIAC (the letter was signed CO, so may be that was CO): September 2009 (was asked to provide some missing info, replied within a few days)

Since then, its complete silence, having seen different threads, realilsed people who have applied in May, June, July 2009 and even further have received Visa.

What could be taking my application so long? Really confused and scared (as I left my permanent job for a contractual 1 thinking it wont take more than 12 months). But what really scares me is that some people are getting approvals within a few months.

Can someone please guide me, thanks.

Hi, I applied for for CSL as an accountant in June last year with IELTS of 8.5 and got asked to do my medicals in November which i did, we expected to here quickly after that but after 4 months of being told by my visa agent that I couldn't contact the DIAC I ignored them and rang to chase and within days I had a request for more info which we supplied 2 week ago, I've now been told another 2-8 weeks but i din't intend to wait that long againa nd have already rang to chase up and got told 2 weeks. I will be ringing in 2 weeks!

There does appear to be a slow down at the moment but you should have heard by now if you are CSL! Ive been told that they don't like you ringing to ask how long but in your case you should! I notice that you did your medical in June I assume you frontloaded it? Id ring up and check first that they have got you on the CSL, if they've missed your IELTS of 8 then you won't be CSL and ask why is it taking so long? Its unusual for CSL with frontloaded medicals not to be processed quickly! Id get pestering!

Hope that helps

Rose

I submitted my Accountant 175 in April. Found out in Aug that I needed IELTS.

Got email in Sep (or early Oct) asking me to do medicals and get police checks within 70 days. Submitted the paperwork online as soon as we got it (3 weeks ish) Exactly 70 days after the request I logged on and the visa was granted. Email confirmation came in the following day.

Really not sure why yours is not through. Our grant date was 17th Dec and we've been over here since early March.

175 CSL (Accountant, IELTS 8.0) application May 2009.

Medical: June 2009.

First communication from DIAC (the letter was signed CO, so may be that was CO): September 2009 (was asked to provide some missing info, replied within a few days)

Since then, its complete silence, having seen different threads, realilsed people who have applied in May, June, July 2009 and even further have received Visa.

What could be taking my application so long?

what ya mean taking so long ?????? you ought to like one of thousands that it takes 2 or even more years to get it :skeptical:

Guest Alucard

Maybe the others are from low-risk countries - it's easier for them to perform verifications and checks for England than India, for example.

Thanks everyone for ur input, I think I should give DIAC a ring, I have written to them 2 or 3 times, but only to be told to be "patient". May be its because of the "high risk" country thing, as I am in Pakistan.

Guest wobob

We applied in Feb 2010 and couldn't understand why ours wasn't being processed when other CSL applications submitted in March were being processed. I had a funny feeling something was wrong so we telephoned DIAC - we've since telephoned again (and spoke to a woman who used to live in the same town as us! Freaky! She got quite emotional, bless her) who said our application had been missed i.e. not picked up as a CSL application and we'd effectively been put in the Cat 6 category (ie 3 year wait instead of 12 months!). Happily we're now in the right queue.

Maybe you would be better ringing them like we did, just to see if your case has been overlooked? Human error is a bugger but it does happen.

I'm just glad I have female intuition when something is wrong!

Good luck with your application.

I was the same with mine, we had our medicals end of November and you are supposed to get a decision quite quickly after but our agent said upto 2 months was normal so I trusted him despite seeing people on 175 CSL with later application dates and medicals being processed in days. He said DIAC don't like being pestered- which goes against all the advice on here were people have been processed very quickly after ringing them. I eventually got him to send an email request after 3 and half months that was still unanswered 2 weeks later, so I rang them myself and the next day we got a new caseworker and a few days after that a request for more info. My visa agent said I would then have to wait upto 8 weeks after providing this, i thought sod that and rang after 2 weeks and got told at current processing rates I should here in 2 weeks so a week on monday I will be ringing if I haven't heard!

So it pays to check and remind them of your existance- they don't like being asked how long so you just disguise your question!

I got told when I applied that at current processing time for CSL would mean I would have my visa in 6 months, we got to the medical stage in 4 months and are now at 10 months because I didn't trust my instinct to chase them!

We applied in Feb 2010 and couldn't understand why ours wasn't being processed when other CSL applications submitted in March were being processed. I had a funny feeling something was wrong so we telephoned DIAC - we've since telephoned again (and spoke to a woman who used to live in the same town as us! Freaky! She got quite emotional, bless her) who said our application had been missed i.e. not picked up as a CSL application and we'd effectively been put in the Cat 6 category (ie 3 year wait instead of 12 months!). Happily we're now in the right queue.

Maybe you would be better ringing them like we did, just to see if your case has been overlooked? Human error is a bugger but it does happen.

I'm just glad I have female intuition when something is wrong!

Good luck with your application.

OMG! I knew something was not right with your timeline! Thank GOD you rang them!

Good luck !

Cheers

B1K3R

Guest wobob
OMG! I knew something was not right with your timeline! Thank GOD you rang them!

Good luck !

Cheers

B1K3R

Thanks - I just knew something wasn't right. Just wish now that we'd picked up the phone earlier because it's now like we didn't submit until 9 April :o( Two months after we actually submitted. Really hope we still scrape through before 1 July changes.

Hope you get your visa soon x

Archived