Accountants etc. will need 7 each for assessments from 1 July 2010

Jag Khairra

Guest stelstar

DIAC basically say whichever one the relevant body assessing your skills deems appropriate.

The ICAA and others didn't specify to do academic before, but that has now changed.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kiraloo
Hi

Dooes DIAC mind whether its Academic or General?

Your friend will have no option but to sit the Academic IELTS test as it will be one of the requirements from 1 July 2010.

Sometimes some professions and assessing bodies may accept exemptions or concessions if no prior notice was given to current students but I seriously doubt that will be an available option for accountants.

Probably not a bad idea to start practising now as it may help to get a better end result. Wishing your friend good luck.

Regards

Guest jimmyay

I achieved 7 for all 4 subjects for my IELTS on General Test in Feb2010. And i have submitted for migration assessment to CPA last week. I expect the CPA will get back to me in June10. Does that mean i have to re-sit IELTS Academic?

Guest Kiraloo
I achieved 7 for all 4 subjects for my IELTS on General Test in Feb2010. And i have submitted for migration assessment to CPA last week. I expect the CPA will get back to me in June10. Does that mean i have to re-sit IELTS Academic?

I would say get in touch with CPA asap, via phone or email for clarification. :confused:

Guest jimmyay
I would say get in touch with CPA asap, via phone or email for clarification. :confused:

Just email them. Hope to hear from them soon. My document is on the way too.

Guest rocking adi

Jimmy according to CPA/ICCA/NIA any assessment done before 1st July would have to be complied with the previous rules. Hence the answer to your question would be if you have got 7 band in all the modules in general training then there is nothing to worry for you.

Your safe :) sit back and have a cup of coffee :)

Cheers

Hi All,

Just heard from some of the Agents. In the new SOL instead of "Accountants"... the Occupation will be "Accounts Manager", "Finance Manager" etc. like Canada. Any information about this. I inquired for the source of this information.... but not recd any concrete reply. May be a rumour. Any idea?

Satish

Guest rocking adi

Satish,

What you are saying is correct because the skill assessment criteria is suppose to get changed from 1st July onwards. And for you to qualify as either Accountant, Finance Manager, Corp Treasurer, or External Auditor one needs to satisfy the 4 compulsory subject requirement.

Based on the choice of occupation being selected. But clearer picture would only come through once new SOL is published.

For more information check this link.

NIA - National Institute of Accountants (Your Professional Membership based Accounting Organisation)

Cheers

Guest jimmyay

There is a new category for CIMA - 221112 Management accountant.

I hope this mean better demand for CIMA in Australia in the future. Otherwise, there are limited job for CIMA in Perth.

Guest Jane1991

I don't think CIMA would be an assessing authority. It would definitely be an onshore aussi organisation like CPA ICAA or NIA or all 3.

Guest jimmyay

CIMA won't be the assessing authority. Importantly, higher demand for Mgmt Accountant in Aus.

Archived