A few questions regarding onshore spouse visa

justinoz

Hi,

I came out here on a 457 visa and am still on one, however I married my wife in December of last year. We are now looking into getting my spouse visa and I have a few questions:

I have been married before, I have the notarised divorce certificate, but not the marriage certificate. Is the previous divorce certificate enough, or do I need both?

My wife is on a contract job at the moment which finishes in September, we probably wont get to put the application in until mid/end of June by the time we get all the required documents and information. Will they decline it because her job only runs until Sept? We will have savings of about $18,000 however....

I lived in the USA for a while so will need to get Police checks from there. Where can I go to get the fingerprints in the format they require and is there anyway to fast track this? Do I need to send a self addressed envelope and such?

cheers

Justin

I believe you only need the divorce papers from a previous marriage but hopefully someone else can confirm.

Your wife will be asked for proof of earnings for the last 2 years when you submit the application - they don't ask about future earnings as far as I know.

On the US point, I dont' know the answer but would suggest contacting the US embassy in Australia as a first port of call.

Archived