IM SOOOO STUCK!!! some one give me some guidance please!! :(

Guest KWH89

Guest KWH89

Hi my name is Karl.

Im 21years old and i live in England, London.

I have recently finnished my Level 3 Electrical Apprenticeship, and get my JIB Gold card Any time soon!!

Unfortunatly my Employer can not employ me as an qualified electrician as there are too manny chiefs and no Indians.

i am now looking into taking a massive long break into AUS. I would like to get a years working holiday Visa, but i dont know what jobs i can do with a working holiday visa.

enitially i would like to do a bit of sparkying out there as i have been studdying for 4, almost 5 years. but do i have to get a trade visa? im only asking because a trade visa is almost £3000!!! and thats alot of my savings and spending money for AUS.

please if any body can help or has had previous experiances please write back.

Manny thanks,

Confused Karl :confused:

Guest rosco27

Hey Karl,

Just go for your years working + holiday visa, u can do any work from fruit picking to beening a sparky, but can only work for an employer for a max of 3 months at a time.

Which im sure will be fine for you, as you will probably want to travel around aswell.

I did the same as you seven years ago when i finished my trade as a plumber. Didnt do much plumbing work when i was there as wanted a break.

Its realy easy to get ur visa, just fill an online visa application and you usualy get it in 48 hours.

Good luck.

Guest KWH89

Thats FANTASTIC!!! thanks for the advice. thats good news bout me being a sparks on just a work holiday. 3months is fine with me as like you sed, i would want to travle about for a bit.

again thankyou :)

Guest Caroline75

On the WHV you can do up to 6 months for an employer. WHV are great because you get the chance to see the country and if you do get a good employer, they could take you on. My experience here is that, especially for trades, employers like English and Irish workers. | ACIT | Employment Services | try these for information, you've nothing to lose!

Hi my name is Karl.

Im 21years old and i live in England, London.

I have recently finnished my Level 3 Electrical Apprenticeship, and get my JIB Gold card Any time soon!!

Unfortunatly my Employer can not employ me as an qualified electrician as there are too manny chiefs and no Indians.

i am now looking into taking a massive long break into AUS. I would like to get a years working holiday Visa, but i dont know what jobs i can do with a working holiday visa.

enitially i would like to do a bit of sparkying out there as i have been studdying for 4, almost 5 years. but do i have to get a trade visa? im only asking because a trade visa is almost £3000!!! and thats alot of my savings and spending money for AUS.

Manny thanks,

Confused Karl :confused:

Only downside for you Karl is the licensing of sparks here, as electrical is regarded dangerous potential to life, as with gas fitters and you need to be licensed. You made be able to pick up work as trade assistant, basically working for someone on the cheap and have a qualified spark supervise you, so you will definatley remain an Indian. Altrnativley just go and do any work you can find. Take a look on British expats forum, they have a section especially for electrical trades and you may find some usefull info in there.

Hey Karl,

Just go for your years working + holiday visa, u can do any work from fruit picking to beening a sparky, but can only work for an employer for a max of 3 months at a time.

Which im sure will be fine for you, as you will probably want to travel around aswell.

I did the same as you seven years ago when i finished my trade as a plumber. Didnt do much plumbing work when i was there as wanted a break.

Its realy easy to get ur visa, just fill an online visa application and you usualy get it in 48 hours.

Good luck.

just a little update ...it is now 6 months with the same employer ...

mrs keily

Archived