Can I apply now for 176 or have to wait for SS approval?

crispysince70

I've passed my TRA. I have applied for SS to Tas. Do I HAVE to wait for approval before lodgement of my 176 (non CSL) or can I apply now and take the chance of being approved? (I Have 105 points before SS)

As I'm a hairdresser the chances of my trade being removed seem highly likely so I feel it's worth taking the chance that I might be turned down and lose my money.

I've passed my TRA. I have applied for SS to Tas. Do I HAVE to wait for approval before lodgement of my 176 (non CSL) or can I apply now and take the chance of being approved? (I Have 105 points before SS)

As I'm a hairdresser the chances of my trade being removed seem highly likely so I feel it's worth taking the chance that I might be turned down and lose my money.

You need to apply for SS before you lodge this visa application

See:Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176)

However the new changes wont take affect until mid year so if you get your visa application in before then you should be ok. Ive not heard of anyone applying for a 176 before the sponsorship came through however I could be wrong but Im only going by what the DIAC says :biggrin:

Hiya,

We applied for SS to WA last yr and because my partner was turning 40 and it was taking 6 months for SS to come through, we applied for the 176 about a month later once we had all the paperwork together. We didn't have enough points for a 175 so took the chance so we got our SS through last month and then just sent off the confirmation of the SS(form 1100 i think) to get added to our app. Don't think there's any problems doing this and i'd say do it especially if your a hairdresser...my OH as a cook so it's not looking rosey for us!

The only risk is that if they were to process your visa before you get your SS though it would be declined but with the processing times the way they are this just isn't going to be a problem!!

Hope this helps

Becki

Hi Becki,

This is just the answer I was hoping for!! As soon as i get the info together I'm going to send it off and take the chance.

I did read somewhere on one of the official sites that the sponsering state sent off the details to the visa place as soon as they reach their decision so I was kind of thinking ( or wishing lol) that it shouldn't be too muich of a problem for them to add the details at a later date.

Thanks

Archived