Theatre ideas in melbourne pleeaaase!!!

Guest jeza

Hi everyone, I am bring my children to melbourne for the first time on the following dates - Friday 28th may, 29th, 30th may and flying out on the 31st of may 2010. We are coming from nz. we will be lving in oz in Sept onwards.

Can anyone suggest a nice, affordable theatre to take two excited little girls to? They are 9 and 11 years old. I can not seem to find any family entertainment/theatre on during these dates.

Please help! I really do not want them to be disappointed! Any suggestions?

We will be staying in carrum, but have a car so can travel anywhere in melbourne.

Jenny:rolleyes:

thank you so much for taking a look for me. I thought maybe there might be a little local theatre, and there is in frankston, but nothing much on when we are over. The theatre is one thing that I am really hopingthere will be plenty of. Is there?

As a side note, how do you like living in mornington? It is one area we are considering as it has fantastic shops, cafes etc, nice places to stroll around at the end of the school day and on a saturday morning. Is there a primary school you could recommend?

Thanks jenny

Are you looking at public or private? I have no young children so i cannot really recommend personally. I know some families have had difficulty finding places in some of the more popular ones. There are a few people on here who will be able to help, I'm sure.

Mornington is a lovely town - everything you could need is there. I actually live in the adjacent suburb of mt eliza but spend a lot of time in Mornington and my son is at mornington secondary college.

We always seem to find something to do in melbourne - comedy, theatre, gigs.

cath

Hi everyone, I am bring my children to melbourne for the first time on the following dates - Friday 28th may, 29th, 30th may and flying out on the 31st of may 2010. We are coming from nz. we will be lving in oz in Sept onwards.

Can anyone suggest a nice, affordable theatre to take two excited little girls to? They are 9 and 11 years old. I can not seem to find any family entertainment/theatre on during these dates.

Please help! I really do not want them to be disappointed! Any suggestions?

We will be staying in carrum, but have a car so can travel anywhere in melbourne.

Jenny:rolleyes:

hi jenny x

family entertainment is everywhere from parks , beaches, bowling, cinemas

Look up the melbourne information site !!!

you seem to be on a very quick stop off xxx

especially with 2 excited girls whom are around 9 and 11 who will probley want to go shopping and just want to explore !!!!

are you heading to this area when you return or is this very quick reccie !!!

:biggrin:

yes, we are coming over from new zealand. so it is not a big trip for us - just across the ditch as they say. We are lucky enough to be able to do a few flights before coming over and not have it interfer to much with work and school. We will be over full time in sept. But we know oz very well, have visited six or seven times over the last ten years or so as a holiday destination.

Theatre is not big in Nz, but what there is my girls absolutely love! Naturally we will go to the parks etc, but we were looking for night entertainment. Bowling and movies can easily be done in NZ, and theatre is quite a new experience for them.

We are all very excited to be coming as a family and seeing australia for the first time as our new home to be!

Jenny

Thanks olly. Nz has mamma mia too, but we have not seen it so it is a possibility. I will take another look at those sites. Hopefully i can find something not too expensive!

Many thanks

Jenny

Archived