De Facto/ Married visa- Bank statements

k8bug79

Hi,

We are working out when to apply for our spouses visa

Just reading through previous posts and checklists etc and it says about proving our financial connection etc. Obviously it says that we have to provided bank statements etc.

My concern is to what extent they use these. Do they use them just to verify that we pay our bills together or do they want to see our financial situation also?

The reason I ask is that we are a family of 5 and I have just finished a year of maternity leave. OUr finances whilst not disasterous aren't aprticularly good. We live to the edge of our overdraft limit and have had chages etc applied when dds bounce kinda thing. Could this result in an application being denied? Or are the mainly interested in my husbands income and how that will support us than how we are coping financially in the UK??????

Hi,

We are working out when to apply for our spouses visa

Just reading through previous posts and checklists etc and it says about proving our financial connection etc. Obviously it says that we have to provided bank statements etc.

My concern is to what extent they use these. Do they use them just to verify that we pay our bills together or do they want to see our financial situation also?

The reason I ask is that we are a family of 5 and I have just finished a year of maternity leave. OUr finances whilst not disasterous aren't aprticularly good. We live to the edge of our overdraft limit and have had chages etc applied when dds bounce kinda thing. Could this result in an application being denied? Or are the mainly interested in my husbands income and how that will support us than how we are coping financially in the UK??????

Hi,

No need to worry. These are only to prove that you are a couple. We went through the same thoughts as yourself. We didnt have joint accounts at the time but went to the bank and amended it and got a bank statement with both our names on. We only use our bank account for paying bills and there was not a great deal to show, but as I said, they are only looking for proof of De facto / Spouse.

Hope this helps,

John:hug:

Guest Guest31881

I only sent the front pages, to show it was a joint account, they are not interested in how much is in, just that you share costs.

Archived